• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entitled? Don't try to bring that card out.

You have a major event, supported by big companies and viewed by large amounts of people around the world. What makes more sense, showing marquee matches to the most people possible or not showing marquee matches to the most people possible.

It isn't about being entitled, it is about doing the smart thing which is going to help grow interest in the event. That is best for everybody.

you're confusing this with a spectator event, though, which EVO never really was. It's meant more as a fighting game festival/convention, not as a consumer package like sporting events or esports. The livestream viewer is always going to be the lowest priority for them. The event you're looking for is a sponsored invitational (RedBull, ESL, etc), not the largest open tournament. The biggest disservice they could do is inconvenience the competitors, not denying the stream viewers.

Even if you want to bring the sponsor argument in, by that logic it would make more sense for Evo to reduce it all to one stream just to consolidate the viewer count and beat RiotGames on the twitch directory for the whole weekend, because that tends to be more effective for drawing in sponsors and people through social media.

iori9999

Banned
If Japanese make top 8 in Marvel (which they most likely are at this point) then the Yipes American BIAS is going to be OFF THE CHAIN!!!

He's almost more biased than me in the matter.

I think Japan excelling in Marvel might have more to do with the game dying more than anything.. It's almost run its course..

I posted the wrong gif first but I will post it again because the PEOPEL DEMAND IT!!!

PTSMABH.gif
We need more!

C2ty2.gif

Vire

There's no way I'll be able to stay up for the salty suite later

Yeah stop that nonsense, but also how about not treating two dudes having an argument on a forum as representatives of a group of people.

It's just disappointing to see considering the FGC has been stereotyped as being misogynistic and I come in here and it's bitch this bitch that, sandy vagina etc.

I enjoy watching EVO, but I really could do without these posts.

Dahbomb

I think Japan excelling in Marvel might have more to do with the game dying more than anything.. It's almost run its course..
There's that word again....

At this point it feels more like stream monsters wanting to kill Marvel because the players are bringing the fucking heat at this year's EVO. Everyone has leveled up so much it's nuts right now.

It's just disappointing to see considering the FGC has been stereotyped as being misogynistic and I come in here and it's bitch this bitch that, sandy vagina etc.

Ok I'll agree to drop it. I feel this is a very fair request.

it's literally one dude, though

iori9999

Banned
There's that word again....

At this point it feels more like stream monsters wanting to kill Marvel because the players are bringing the fucking heat at this year's EVO. Everyone has leveled up so much it's nuts right now.

I agree people have leveled up.. I think the scene still consists of the elite players who are mostly dedicated still.. I see marvel people migrating to some of the new fighters all the time.. Last year when Uniel released, you saw a lot of Marvel players online that I simply didn't see on BBCP prior.. I really hope Marvel 4 is possible in the future.. Yes I understand the Disney situation..

I think I am going to be salty if a Hulk team makes it to top 8 more than anything.

why KBR is good

I agree people have leveled up.. I think the scene still consists of the elite players who are mostly dedicated still.. I see marvel people migrating to some of the new fighters all the time.. Last year when Uniel released, you saw a lot of Marvel players online that I simply didn't see on BBCP prior.. I really hope Marvel 4 is possible in the future.. Yes I understand the Disney situation..

Who outside Flux and a few others for the first month?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What the shit is going on? Isn't this the FIFTH time they've gone to character selection?

Seyavesh

cross is in winners
it's really not, like i said before everyone has hit that threshold of skill to be top lvl players- all of these guys were already good before but within this past year they've really topped themselves.
folks who pay attention to the competitive scene have already have known about all of these "unknown" guys for awhile now

that the international community can hang w US now is great, it means the game has real competition on a greater level instead of 'durr america is the best at american football' shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom