• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Pimpbaa

Any word on a patch for this? I want to get this game as I greatly enjoyed the previous ones, but I don't want my experience to be ruined by these unacceptable bugs.

Blueblur1 said:
I just got hit by the silent Jasper glitch. Anyway, to fix it or does it go away if I reload my save?

Where are you in the game right now? This happened to me as well (when my Hero became Queen), but after I
defeated The Crawler
Jasper is back to normal.

fernoca

Darn!
42 hours so far across both playthroughs, 50% on the second one, no glitches, no bugs and still waiting for a friend to get it to play it with in co-op.

Going to take a break today and go out. :lol
But, favorite Fable game so far, though I love them all! :)

Can't wait for some DLC quests.

Dead

well not really...yet
On one hand, I miss the expression wheel, as I would prefer to decide how I should express myself to the NPCs, rather than doing having to do the emotes in a specific order...

BUT, I absolutely hated that your emotes affected everyone in the vicinity of where you were in Fable II. All it lead to was crowds chasing you everywhere and blocking you from moving. I can't even count the number of times I got stuck in gardens, houses, etc simply due to crowds. Incredibly annoying.

So i just became King. someone please help me with my problem.

what is the Best Way to get 8 Million Albion bucks before the darkness attacks?

elwes

I have a giant heads-up regarding divorce in this game.

DO NOT, and I stress, DO NOT divorce your significant other if you've moved them into the castle. The game notified me that our joint properties were put back on the market after she divorced me. I didn't know what this meant until I went to the orphanage to get our kids back and tried to move them back into the castle...only to find that I no longer owned it. It costs around 1.5 million gold to buy it back. ;_;

I own everything else in this game but the castle, but I don't want to spend that much to get back something that I shouldn't lose in a divorce. I mean, c'mon...I'm the friggin' king. THE KING. I can see me having to pay a stipend to my ex-wife, but how the hell am I going to lose a castle that is my birthright.

...should have just kept that cheating wench in the Old Quarter.

elwes

Benjamin1981 said:
So i just became King. someone please help me with my problem.

what is the Best Way to get 8 Million Albion bucks before the darkness attacks?

Buy up property. Take money accrued from said property and buy more. Repeat until you own everything. Plug in your controller to your xbox, stand in a quiet corner of your castle, and read War and Peace. When you finish, you will be Bill Gates.

Mr. Sam

elwes said:
...should have just kept that cheating wench in the Old Quarter.

I keep all of my four wives - none of which have yet to bear me a son, dammit! - in pretty crappy places. I raise their upkeep and chuck them a new cupboard every now and then to keep 'em happy, but I ain't puttin 'em up anywhere really nice and losing out on that juicy rent.

I also like how my moral standing doesn't go down even though I'm a neglectful father. One of my daughters asked me to get them a teddy bear, like, four days ago! Don't hold your breath, love.

frontieruk

Stuck on the masquerade mission, get to fighting the sand women things and get booted to the sanctuary :( tried 3 times now and it happens every time, and as I'm in a mission I'm unable to fast travel so get stuck in the sanctuary

Axiom

Not happy with how suddenly end game was sprung on me, but Fable III is one of my top games this year. Grabbed me a way its prequel didn't.

I couldn't muster the will to get through Fable II, but this kept me hooked to the point it's now 7am and I'm still awake.

If Mass Effect 2 didn't exist and I can't reward Super Meat Boy for kicking me in the balls, this would probably be my game of the year - though to be fair I encountered no bugs and it was smooth sailing the entire way (to the point I only got knocked out because I wasn't paying attention at the end - there goes that achievement)

I can't express how...flat and out of nowhere I felt the ending was though. It must be how girls feel when they get all worked up and a bloke finishes before anyones pants are off. I get WHY there'd be no warning, they don't want you to have your cake and eat it too - but the way they did it just felt like I'd been forced to read the ending before finishing the 3 chapters before it.

It's really soured me on the overall experience, though I enjoyed everything else so much I can see past it. If I'd been having the problems others have been, I might not be able to.

However this is the first time I've ever wanted to email a developer for praise and give a virtual handshake to ol' Pete.

Kritz

Banned
While this has probably already been said,

You can access the start menu by pulling the battery out of your controller.

>_>

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Kritz said:
While this has probably already been said,

You can access the start menu by pulling the battery out of your controller.

>_>
Or you can hit Start and go to the right and press A on the cogs like you're supposed to.

Blueblur1

7echnicolor said:
Where are you in the game right now? This happened to me as well (when my Hero became Queen), but after I
defeated The Crawler
Jasper is back to normal.
I don't even know what that is! I guess I might have the old man yapping again afterward. I'll let you all know.

Man, this game is seriously depressing. I'm really unhappy with a lot of the changes Lionhead's made and how glitchy it is. Fable 2 is definitely the superior game in my book. I'm going to keep playing so maybe I'll change my tune... But I doubt I will.

goat said:
Yeah, I'm still trying to get that and the Bob style. Apparently, both of those styles are random chest/dig rewards. I'll let you know if someone gets them to me.

O, I didn't know that, thought they were randomly generated at shops, kinda like weapons. Sigh, this'll make trying to find em even tougher. Thanks tho, time to take the dog out i guess :lol

timkunedo

Where exactly is the blacksmithing? I'm having a blast playing the lute and making pies, but for the life of me can't find the blacksmithing. Oh and btw....game is off the charts hilarious. There is just no comparison to the fable universe.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
timkunedo said:
Where exactly is the blacksmithing? I'm having a blast playing the lute and making pies, but for the life of me can't find the blacksmithing. Oh and btw....game is off the charts hilarious. There is just no comparison to the fable universe.
All 3 jobs are always very close together.

Eg, in Bowerstone Market, 2 are in the square and the third is under the bridge.

Blueblur1

Some more DLC was posted to XBLM for a short time and someone managed to grab it. AxelGERMANY posted images over at Lionhead's forums. See the below.

Fable III Industrial Knight Outfit (160 MSP)

Always wanted to be an industrial age cyborg? Well, now you can at least look like one. The outfit comprises a helmet, gloves, boots, gauntlets and armour. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when clothes are unlocked in the storyline.

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/xxfaxwga/IndustrialKnightFront.jpg

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/1sfwo27a/IndustrialKnightBack.jpg

Fable III Hair Pack (160 MSP)

Some people like to express themselves through speech, others through song, and yet others find that their hair-style does all the talking. Here are three brand new hairstyles to give your Hero a truly unique look: cornrows, afro and asymmetrical bob. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when clothes are unlocked in the storyline.

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/1isu86wq/HairPackCornrows.jpg

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/fmer5037/HairPackAsymmetricalBob.jpg

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/d32bmgk6/HairPackAfro.jpg

Fable III Dye Pack (80 MSP)

Breathe new life into your hair and clothes with this collection of dyes, including the long-awaited black dye. Those preferring lighter colours will make good use of the cream, hot pink and turquoise dyes. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when dyes are unlocked in the storyline.

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/24ifxq3r/DyePack.jpg

Fable III Understone Quest Pack (400 MSP)

Discover a whole new town built beneath the streets of Bowerstone. This full size region contains new houses and stalls to own, new creatures to fight and a major mystery to solve. As a special bonus, you will also receive two extra quests for free: the Mercenary Shooting Range, where you can earn prizes by hitting a variety of targets, and the Wheel of Misfortune, which gives you a chance to return to Reaver's manor and participate in his insane combat arena.

Fable III Five Star Dog Potion (80 MSP)

Teaching your dog to be a better fighter, treasure hunter and trick performer can be hard laborious work. So why not cheat and bypass all that fancy book-learning by giving him a swig of this potion? He will immediately maximise all his abilities. To use it press up on the D-Pad while facing your furry little friend. This item will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when it's unlocked in the storyline.

Fable III Dog Outfit (160 MSP)

Your dog is your best friend, always there for you when you need him. Isn't it time you gave something back? Now you can dress up as a dog yourself and turn Fable III into an all-canine adventure. The outfit compromises a head piece, body peace and front and back pawns. This item will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when clothes are unlocked in the storyline.

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/s9ot6uvy/DogOutfit.jpg

Also looks like the day one DLC items that come with new copies of the game will go on-sale eventually.

-----

Looks like a patch is coming. First confirmation I've seen.

Some Fable updates
I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, be it because you're celebrating Halloween (PUMPKIN TIME!!) or because you've locked yourself indoor with your videogames and bought the supplies to last you. I'm playing Fable III (obviously) but also some Medieval Total War II and Game Dev Studio on my iPhone. Yesterday I made an amazing vanilla custard pudding. Anyway, I'm drifting off...

So Fable III has been out a week / couple of days now (depending on where you live) and hopefully you're having a blast with it! Our forums have been on fire since the last week; the posting of reviews, reactions and impressions, other folk are looking for hints and tips (I've spend the whole day searching for gold keys today, already have 3!) and of course as with any videogame there are some people with technical issues. That's bound to happen of course with a game the size of Fable, our poor testers worked flat out but if something slips through the nets, then don't panic!

We've set up this reporting page where you can fill out a short form with a description of your problem. Please be aware we are monitoring this on a daily basis and the test, development and community teams meet on a regular basis to try and repro issues that come up, so the development team can fix it for the next update we'll release. There is no ETA on this, seeing as the process of game development is a slow, long and lonely one, so please bear with us. I hope to be able to update you in the near future. If you do experience a corrupt save game and there is no work around, then all I can personally recommend you do is start a new game and apologize for any stress this might cause. We really do feel for you if this happens!

Please don't spam the forums with issues you've encountered, if you fill in a form it will get looked at! Also some things aren't "bugs" or "glitches" so don't presume automatically something is wrong.

Other people have been asking about Kingmaker gold (or why they currently can't log in to their Kingmaker account), so some tips and updates on that as well.

* First of all, we’re aware that the Kingmaker App is currently not allowing players to log-in. This SHOULD NOT affect your ability to transfer any Gold you have previously earned in Kingmaker. We are working feverishly on this issue and it should be fixed soon.
* Ensure you have linked your Xbox LIVE account to your Kingmaker account. Go to www.Fable3Kingmaker.com, log in with your Kingmaker username and password, then click the ‘Profile’ link on the left hand side (under your coat of arms). Then select ‘Link my Fable III: Kingmaker account to my Windows LIVE account’.
* Once you’re sure your accounts are linked, start playing Fable III. You will not receive your Kingmaker Gold until you have played a little while into the main game – specifically (mild spoiler warning), you will need to have defeated Saker in the Mercenary camp and returned to Brightwall, then met up with Sir Walter in the pub again.
* At this point Jasper will call you back to the Sanctuary to explain how you can help villagers. It’s at this point that you should see a gift waiting for you on the gift pedestal (to the left of the Sanctuary, right next to your dog’s basket).
* Approach the gift (which should say that it’s from Lionhead) and press A to receive it – the Gold will then transfer into your in-game account!
* If you do not see the gift at this point try continuing until you are back in Brightwall, then press Start agai to return to the Sanctuary and look for the gift again.
* Next - get out there and spend all your lovely Gold!
* Once we have the Kingmaker app allowing log-ins again you will be able to continue earning Gold in Kingmaker until January 1st and it will transfer to your Fable III game every Monday. Again, you will see the Gold appear as a gift in the Sanctuary.

We truly hope that helps you get your hard-earned Gold. We’re working hard to get the Kingmaker App up and running again and once it is you will be able to continue earning Gold by planting flags and finding treasure.

Thanks for your patience and for supporting Fable III and Kingmaker!
Posted 10-31-2010 11:49 by Sam

timkunedo

cjelly said:
All 3 jobs are always very close together.

Eg, in Bowerstone Market, 2 are in the square and the third is under the bridge.

still looking. that's what i thought as well, but in Brightwall i see 2 places to play the lute, 2 places to make pies and that's it.

Played about 2 hrs. What a terrible piece of shit game design for world interaction! Immersion my ass. The way all game world interactions are handled, I can't fucking stand it.

If I find something in the chest, I fucking want it. What is the fucking point of requiring one more button press to confirm it? Every time you open a chest, dig a spot, interact with villagers, game goes through shitty slow transition animation. Also you are frequently required to hold down button few seconds for mundane tasks. Instead of simple menu for inventory, this garbage requires to visit sanctuary and go through different rooms.

Looks like game is designed for handicapped people with no option to make it bearable for normal people.

timkunedo said:
still looking. that's what i thought as well, but in Brightwall i see 2 places to play the lute, 2 places to make pies and that's it.

There is no blacksmithing in Brightwall, you have to progress to Mourningwood first

atomsk

Party Pooper
DualShadow said:
I'm hoping it's possible to get any chests you couldn't afford on the Road to Rule on your next visit?

you can always access the RTR from the Sanctuary

you'll probably finish the game without getting all the chests, the max level ones cost
180 seals

JayDubya

Banned
DualShadow said:
I'm hoping it's possible to get any chests you couldn't afford on the Road to Rule on your next visit?

You can go to the RtR at anytime you want and nothing stops you from running backwards.

atomsk said:

you'll probably finish the game without getting all the chests, the max level ones cost
180 seals

Like hell! Cheevo whoring gogogogo (seriously though I've maxed out in every other Fable and most other RPGs when possible, so why not here?).

I noticed something else I wanted to ask, though... if you weren't gunning for that cheevo, can you completely skip the chest for say, Lute Hero Rank 3 and just go buy Lute Hero Rank 5? I wouldn't know since I've been opening everything...

I did notice that if you had, say, the Dog Fighting Rank 3 book, the Dog Fighting Rank 2 book just became useless... does the RtR work differently? I hope?

JayDubya said:
I noticed something else I wanted to ask, though... if you weren't gunning for that cheevo, can you completely skip the chest for say, Lute Hero Rank 3 and just go buy Lute Hero Rank 5? I wouldn't know since I've been opening everything...

I did notice that if you had, say, the Dog Fighting Rank 3 book, the Dog Fighting Rank 2 book just became useless... does the RtR work differently? I hope?

I think buying the higher level chest will open the lower one, I haven't bought Lute level 4 & the chest for level 5 costs 85, whereas the Pie level 5 only costs 60 as I already bought level 4.

atomsk said:

180 seals

JayDubya said:
You can go to the RtR at anytime you want and nothing stops you from running backwards.

Thanks, I must have missed the option to return to the RtR, I've only been twice so perhaps I don't have that option yet. Enjoying the game thus far regardless.

JayDubya

Banned
DualShadow said:
Thanks, I must have missed the option to return to the RtR, I've only been twice so perhaps I don't have that option yet. Enjoying the game thus far regardless.

Just for expediency - enter game, press start, turn camera around 180 degrees. Big glowing seal on the ground.

Also, when you've spent all the seals you possibly can, and then regain enough to buy anything, the D-pad prompt will appear in the bottom left, like it does during combat. Press "up" to go to RtR if you want when that happens.

JayDubya said:
Just for expediency - enter game, press start, turn camera around 180 degrees. Big glowing seal on the ground.

Also, when you've spent all the seals you possibly can, and then regain enough to buy anything, the D-pad prompt will appear in the bottom left, like it does during combat. Press "up" to go to RtR if you want when that happens.

Cheers thanks mate.

Dizzy

Banned
My character is white. My wife is white. My son grew up to be dark skinned...

Needless to say, my wife is now dead.

Dizzy

Banned
cjelly said:
Lol. Same thing happened to me.
Turns out he's not completely black, but his skin is much too dark for him to be my genetic son.

Question is, is it just a bug or was my wife a floozy? I think she was already married when I married her. Can't turn a ho into a housewife!

Top Bottom