• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Meier

Started yesterday. Fun game.. graphics didn't see much improvement as far as I can recall, but I was very impressed with the smoke effects on the fire spell. That was a definite upgrade. I saw a lot of tearing early on but that seems to be less of an issue as I've progressed.

I am not all that happy about the new expression system nor are the fetch quests, etc. all that exciting. It looks like it'll be a lot harder to whore yourself out.

Mastperf

Warnen said:
Graphics look much better, everything looks washed out in part 2.

Fable 2 washed out? Fable 2 was so bright and colorful it was almost painful. Sleep in the Sandgoose in Oakfield until 5 am and walk out to see the sunrise. It's a blinding neon orgasm. Fable 2 was many things but washed out wasn't one of them in the least. Fable 3 on the other hand is literally black and white in certain spots. They also completely neutered the lighting in part 3.

Speedymanic said:
Looks like it fixes the dupe glitch, not much else unfortunately.

http://lionhead.com/forums/p/295114/3597322.aspx

It's nice to see they can rush out a patch to fix something that benefits them but seem to be pretty silent on a patch to fix the mountain of other glitches. I'm sure the 80msp dyes will be able to be bought without a hitch as well. They won't let you put your save on a USB stick and pull it out of the system to prevent it autosaving and you getting stuck on one of game ruining glitches.
It's nice that we're supposed to be accountable for our choices ingame but they don't seem to be accountable for releasing this unfinished garbage.
f MS doesn't take Fable away from Lionhead they will kill the franchise. Give them something like Milo and hand it to a more competent and creative developer. End this obsession with moving the series into modern times and take us back to the founding of the Guild or the Old Kingdom.

Mr. Sam

I just remembered the most ridiculous decision you have to make as king:

"
This wallpaper is good. This wallpaper is evil.
CHOOSE, SUPERHERO!"

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ben2749 said:
Started playing Fable III today, and after about two and a half hours, I'm not really all that impressed. I didn't play much of Fable 1 or 2, so I can't really draw comparisons, but as it stands, the core gameplay doesn't seem like anything special, and I got tired of having to hold down the A button to impress strangers *very* quickly. I also agree that the removal of Fable II's expression "wheel" is just stupid.

Uh..yeah, better bail out now cause that'll be a reoccurring thing throughout the game. Follow the golden trail, tedious combat, fast travel, hold button - that about sums it all up.

I'd return it if I were you. I'm gonna finish it over the next couple days since I feel like I have to but I don't plan on playing it again so I'll probably sell it next wait and wait to play it again when Microsoft accidentally puts it up for free on Xbox Live

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Square Triangle said:
Lol I don't think I've ever seen an OT where the creator of it bashes it so frequently.
jHhb3.gif

How does
removing the limit on amount of booze sold a day
COST money? Shouldn't a lot more money roll in? I don't see why I need to spend 100k to enact this. Maybe it's setting aside that money for projected cost of
nightly puke cleanup
?

Mr. Sam

HadesGigas said:
How does
removing the limit on amount of booze sold a day
COST money? Shouldn't a lot more money roll in?

I ended up murdering a gang of drunken nobles that were vomiting in a circle outside my castle. Take that shit away from my home.

Dizzy

Banned
Finally finished it. Wanted to hold back my thoughts to give it a chance and see how it changed in the second half.....but unfortunately it never really go much better.

I loved Fable. Fable 2 was kind of disappointing because instead of being a bigger and better Fable it was kind of a step sideways. Better in some ways worse in others. It had some things that Ireally didn't like but overrall I still played through it multiple times and enjoyed it enough to want to buy the third.

This game....I just can't see myself ever touching it again. It just never felt as involving as the other two Fable games and seemed to feel more linear. The part up to becoming a king never really impressed me that much. As soon as I saw what came after I felt a little excited...finally it seemed like the story was gonna go somewhere cool, but then before you know it the game has me sat in a chair making decision after decision...it felt so forced. Throw in a few shitty quests to last for 1 in game year. Finally we got to the good part...the invasion.....oh wait, it was a 3 minute quest with a joke of a boss fight. Man this game never failed to disappoint me once. So many parts felt dumbed down compared to Fable 2.

And lastly, when Molyneux said that a child or whatever could have designed Fable 2 better I thought it was an exagerration. Lionhead are professionals and no way could a child design a better game than them.....however after this game I have to agree with him. I mean the sanctuary stands out as proof of this. Cool the first time, a complete chore every single time after. Changing weapons, clothing, checking items, viewing stats.....all took much longer than they needed to for no good reason at all. What the hell where they smoking when they came up with that? oh and the bugs...well luckily I never got quiet jasper or save problems but the dog and npcs in the game would frequently get completely stuck requiring me to reload the game.

Fable was fun while it lasted but hopefully this was the last one. Best to last the franchise die rather than run it into the ground with even worse sequels.

Owzers

Mr. Sam said:
I just remembered the most ridiculous decision you have to make as king:

"
This wallpaper is good. This wallpaper is evil.
CHOOSE, SUPERHERO!"

I thought they were going to give me options to
either decorate your castle lavishly or sparsely in order to save money
but then that would be a logical decision therefore wasn't needed.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
sillymonkey321 said:
I thought they were going to give me options to
either decorate your castle lavishly or sparsely in order to save money
but then that would be a logical decision therefore wasn't needed.

Yeah, I just played that part. I think it's just Lionhead poking fun at their game but then again it's not a huge departure from the other decisions you make.

DuckRacer

Ok, so I need to have a fully upgraded legendary weapon to open the Mourningwood demon door. So I get Reaver Industries' pistol and check the requirements – decrease morality, spend 10k and have an orgy with four other people. The first two requirements are easy, which leaves the orgy. Apparently there's only four hookers in all of Albion if you don't
build the brothel instead of the school, which I didn't
, and two of them are in Bowerstone Old Town. Which
I opted not to repair
. Is there any way to have orgies with, uh, non-hookers? Because if there isn't it looks like I screwed myself out of upgrading several weapons.

Xapati

dralla said:
The best thing about Fable 2 was how much stuff you found when you didn't follow the bread crumbs. So many hidden areas with chests or sidequests, it made me want to explore everywhere. Like jumping off Brightwood tower in a certain spot and you'd land in a hidden cave with a legendary weapon. Or saving the guy from the bandits, only to than later go back and buy his farm and get a key to his cellar to find another legendary weapon. Or random bandits dropping pieces of a hit contract taken out on you. Or buying the pirate a beer in bloodstone and getting the captain dread sidequest, ect ect. The "oh shit look what I just found" factor is missing from 3.

I just beat fable 3 and this is my main complaint. Fable II had lots and lots of stuff, you would constantly be finding new weapons, buying special buildings opening demon doors or exploring new regions. Fable III is just so much smaller. Hopefully we'll get some DLC that gives us more exploration.
My second complaint is that so many poor decisions were made: Shops are confusing as heck now and they are such a pain I don't never bothered with them. It's as if they decided to remove menus even if it meant implementing an inferior shopping experience. The repair property is pointless and annoying, the legendary weapons change only insignificantly and if I could trade them for the wealth of interesting weapons in Fable II I would. Also what exactly is the point of golden keys? I'd rather have more demon doors and not ones that require me to have friends.
At least they attempted to give you an interesting romance partner
although the fact that Elise gave me an STD is severely concerning

I will say though that the improvement in the story was very nice although it's still very short and surprise surprise
the end battle was ridiculously anticlimactic and felt rushed. How did that crawler thing come over to Albion anyway? Did it fly? Did it have a fleet?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So I just got married on a bridge and now I can't move. Can't go to the sanctuary, can't save, can't reload. Am I screwed? :(

EDIT: If anyone with the game in this thread would be willing to help me out, I'd like to try the possible fix below:

1. Have your friend join your game.

2. Have him go over to a shop and buy a piece of clothing.

3. Hell have two options after this, one of which says go to dressing room.

4. This will automatically take you both to the sanctuary and you are free to fast travel from there.

If you're willing to try to help me out with this, I'd be much obliged. Just send me a friend request if you have the game. Gamertag is K omboloi (no space between the K and o, for some reason the first five letters of my gamertag are banned on Neogaf so if I don't type it that way, you can't see my gamertag at all).

So... maybe I'm blind but I don't see the side jobs in town anywhere!!! When they told me to get a job and make money, I ended up just selling stuff to get the money to buy the disguise stuff... so where the HELL are the jobs?

ultron87

luxarific said:
So I just got married on a bridge and now I can't move. Can't go to the sanctuary, can't save, can't reload. Am I screwed? :(

EDIT: If anyone with the game in this thread would be willing to help me out, I'd like to try the possible fix below:

You might try using a second controller to start split screen co-op. The second player can also jump to the sanctuary, so that might be enough to unstuck you.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
slasher_thrasher21 said:
So... maybe I'm blind but I don't see the side jobs in town anywhere!!! When they told me to get a job and make money, I ended up just selling stuff to get the money to buy the disguise stuff... so where the HELL are the jobs?

Sign-posts with huge ! above them.

Jinaar

Finished Fable 3 Sunday morning.

It has definitely lost the charm that was Fable 1. I remember Fable 1 being this really grand adventure, armor that mattered, attacking to chain and continue to chain to get more guild seals, leveling up your self in the way that you wanted to play, very unique ways to open doors, alot of time based events where the time of day effected the zone, as well as very awesome environments for it's time. I remember the Sandgoose internet threads that happened with Fable 1, what was it, where was it, can you get to it. Alot of self made mystery that was awesome.

Fable 3 is... well after beating it I felt nothing. Nothing memorable. Nothing different. Everything simple and stupid. It feels like I was playing the movie Idiocracy. I am from a time where the original game was smart, now I am in the newest game where it is just ... dumb. And dumb for the masses it seems.

Really upset. What I am more upset with is the hard part: the money that I wasted to buy the game, the time I put in to see it to the end, or the one that I believe is true - the real death of what was Fable to me.

There was a glint of promise when I was in
Aurora for the first time in the Caverns with Walter fighting the dark. There was this sense of actual adventure in a new place. Stepping outside into the Shifting Sands felt just right.
That was how the whole game should have been. But it wasn't.

As well, for fucks sakes that motion blur. UGGGUGUGUGUGU I think that was literally the worst thing. My eyes hurt so much. The programming team needs to go back to school on that one. When other 3rd party developers can get the job done right and a 1st Party fails so epically on that, there is something to be said negatively against them. If Papa Mole wants to get his 5 million seller, he might need to actually get a team that codes properly first. I feel this could be harsh but seriously, a game like NIER was 100% better with it's PS2 style graphics because it wasn't a coding mess and had a great team behind it with a vision that they went with and I believe succeeded on it.

FABLE 3 - Disappointing. So terribly disappointing.

EDIT: I played Saturday night with a friend and we were going to run into a new zone, the game warned me that said friend was waiting for me to run into the zone with him, but it was me who was the one trying to initiate the zone transfer to begin with. I was running way past the point of no return when I fell thru the world. And continued to fall. My world was a falling white void. He had to leave and I had to kill my game. Thankfully I came back safe and sound to Mute Cleese.

Ugg and how the hell do you go from coding your dog from FABLE 2 that actually fetches a ball to FABLE 3 where you throw the ball and your dog's brain hemorrhages instead? The dog is mostly a pain in the ass in this game. Trying to lead me to a dig spot, the dog either runs back and forth for no reason, this way and that, slowly goes no where fast, or actually finds the first tree he can and becomes one with it, getting stick inside of a tree! The best is when he finds a treasure chest and points to it... but there is no chest anywhere in sight.

So much rage inside. What a mess.

Hixx

I'm about half way through my second playthrough and I didn't realize just how much content I missed first time around.

Being 'evil' has brought up some MUCH cooler moments as well :/

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Finished the game last night. I really enjoyed my time with it. I never did anything with the townspeople; instead I just ran quests, explored, and had fun with the simple, yet enjoyable combat. Also, this game gave me a lot of laugh out loud moments, especially the writing of the achievement unlock descriptions and when you finish quests.

I'm going to start another character and get the books, keys, flowers and gnomes as well as use a hammer and rifle this time round.

It's disappointing to read all the negativity here, but I can understand how and why people feel that way.

Lothars

7echnicolor said:
All in all, Fable 3 is a much better game than Fable 2. In my opinion of course.

I don't think it is a much better game than Fable 2, it's a better game but there's big issues with it that keep it from getting as good as it should be.

I enjoyed Fable 3 but It definitely wasn't without it's problems.

Interfectum

I too finished Fable 3 over the weekend. I'd give the game around a 6.5 / 10. It probably would've been lower if
I didn't know I needed to have my kingdom prepared by the time I start my daily agendas on day 121.
If that caught me off guard and ruined my ending I would've easily docked it a point or two. Toggle that shit morons. "You are about to potentially fuck up 20 hours worth of game time, are you sure you want to continue?"

The game did redeem itself a bit with the Aurora visit and some of the decisions you had to make as king. If they had taken another year with this game and added more depth / length to the king part and fixed most of the idiotic bugs and design mishaps this could've easily been a top tier classic RPG.

As it stands it's a disjointed rushed product... a status symbol showing the world where Microsoft's gaming attention is going. Seriously, is Lionhead running on a skeleton crew or was most of the staff busy fucking around with Milo?

Prine

Banned
My friend was playing the game yesterday morning and out of the blue the game ended he said. He then traded it in for Fallout LV out of frustration.

I didnt know what to say (haven't beat it yet).

Again, what were Lionhead thinking?? During development you have meetings after meetings with top creative heads about every single facet of the game, given Molynuexs experience and the rest of the highly talented people at the studio, what compelled them to think such an ending would be ok???

This game is all over the place, something major must have happened, im thinking Kinnect implementation screwed up deadlines and they hastily scraped together what they had. I keep asking myself "How did this get green lighted?".

The entire product seems premature - alpha almost (half arsed ideas). I was worried when i saw how much time they were spending on Sanctuary, id rather that budget be funneled into tightening the combat and gameplay. Ultimately, an interactive menu doesnt add anything to the game, its still just a menu.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Prine said:
My friend was playing the game yesterday morning and out of the blue the game ended he said. He then traded it in for Fallout LV out of frustration.

Again, what were Lionhead thinking?? During development you have meetings after meetings with top creative heads about every single facet of the game, given Molynuexs experience and the rest of the highly talented people at the studio, what compelled them to think such an ending would be ok???

This game is all over the place, something major must have happened, im thinking Kinnect implementation screwed up deadlines and they had to scrape what was sort of working and gelled it together.I keep asking myself "How did this get green lighted?".
The ending wasn't exactly sudden, and it made sense for it to hit when it did.

Interfectum

Prine said:

What's funny is the game makes such a big deal when you have to
leave the kingdom for like an hour or two for Aurora
(not a big spoiler) telling you to prepare and talk to your loved ones. Yet at the end there is absolutely no way to tell the end is coming. Not even in game story terms. Such a fucking disastrous way to handle it.

To anyone reading this who hasn't beat it yet (not a big spoiler if you are King):
DO NOT do the daily agenda on day 121 until you have the correct amount of money in the treasury. You might also want to leave some extra money over the said amount to account for whatever agenda items might be on day 121. (I believe 500,000 will cover it if you are going good.)

Interfectum

cjelly said:
The ending wasn't exactly sudden, and it made sense for it to hit when it did.

No it didn't.

You go from day 121 to day 1 without so much as a warning. If you go to start the daily agenda on 121 thinking you have time after to prepare your finances you are absolutely fucked.

The worst part about the ending is that you have to do the last two quests in a row with no pause.
When you make the first day 121 decision it leads right into the second one, with no break in between. I actually had to restart because I was like 11,000 short in the kingdom fund even though I had like another 300k in personal money.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I beat this last night. I could have spent more time to stop and smell the roses but I kinda wanted to just get it over with before I get anything new. It had a few moments, but overall the negative outweighed the positive for me. It was definitely a disappointment, but I guess life goes on.

the ending sequence was lousy, it was just a bunch of crappy fights and it felt like my time as a king didn't really matter

Ranger X

Snuggler said:
Uh..yeah, better bail out now cause that'll be a reoccurring thing throughout the game. Follow the golden trail, tedious combat, fast travel, hold button - that about sums it all up.

I'd return it if I were you. I'm gonna finish it over the next couple days since I feel like I have to but I don't plan on playing it again so I'll probably sell it next wait and wait to play it again when Microsoft accidentally puts it up for free on Xbox Live

Oh man, I was just entering the thread to see if I'd try that game 'cause I was on the fence (I really didn't like F2) but reading your post here really turns me off.
Looks like I will pray for Skyward Sword to be good or something in order to fix my "third person adventure" fix...

:(

Ranger X said:
Oh man, I was just entering the thread to see if I'd try that game 'cause I was on the fence (I really didn't like F2) but reading your post here really turns me off.
Looks like I will pray for Skyward Sword to be good or something in order to fix my "third person adventure" fix...

:(
If you didn't like Fable 2 you don't have a chance at liking this game.

Argg, so I started my second play-through with my evil character and I got over 500 melee kills yet I didn't get the achievement!? I'm basically just playing through it again to pickup a few stray achievements I didn't get the first go-round, so it's extremely annoying to have yet another game glitch cause me to miss out on 20 gamer points. Ugh....

Btw, once I start a new character, is there any way to load my original character from the same hard drive? The load screen doesn't give me any options to select a specific file.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Chosen One said:
Btw, once I start a new character, is there any way to load my original character from the same hard drive? The load screen doesn't give me any options to select a specific file.

I think you can quit to the menu if you stand next to and select the options part of the wall in the main room of the sanctuary

accessibility

Aquavelvaman said:
If you didn't like Fable 2 you don't have a chance at liking this game.
I loved Fable 2 and still thought this game was rotten, in far too many ways already explained in previous pages.

But I want to know WHY anybody thought it was a good idea to ditch the expression wheel and varied villager personalities. That one decision ripped the very soul out of the game. Everything else is details.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
NullPointer said:
I loved Fable 2 and still thought this game was rotten, in far too many ways already explained in previous pages.

But I want to know WHY anybody thought it was a good idea to ditch the expression wheel and varied villager personalities. That one decision ripped the very soul out of the game. Everything else is details.

Same here. I'll play Fable II again when I have nothing else going on so I can properly compare the two, but when I played it a couple years ago I had a great time with it despite the flaws. I was already reading GAF back then and I remember being surprised by all the negative reactions since I enjoyed it so much.

Still, I agree with the sentiment that if you didn't like II that you won't like III.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Snuggler said:
Same here. I'll play Fable II again when I have nothing else going on so I can properly compare the two, but when I played it a couple years ago I had a great time with it despite the flaws. I was already reading GAF back then and I remember being surprised by all the negative reactions since I enjoyed it so much.

Still, I agree with the sentiment that if you didn't like II that you won't like III.

I hated Fable II, but loved Fable III.

after giving it a good amount of time I've come down to my biggest complaint of fable 3.

Why were so many things removed from fable 2 which didn't need to be removed, never have I seen a sequel where so many things were removed which didn't need to be removed.

enemies:
trolls, bugs, wraiths, etc.

area's/cities:
oakfield, westcliff, bloodstone.

Worldly things, quests:
moving statues, jobs(wood cutting and bar tending), pub games, traveling traders.

And the removal of what I'd call other key locations from fable 2, like the mage tower, and the decreased amount of daemon doors.

I understand that stuff changes, and lots of stuff was added, but i feel that none of the things I listed needed to be removed, some things could be copy and pasted from one game to the next, you don't need to remake absolutely everything.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What even happened to Oakvale? It's been a while since I played Fable II, maybe it was destroyed and I forgot about it, but I was bummed that it didn't show up in III. I still 'member my first quest there in Fable I <3.

Well, I remember Peter saying one of the things that inspired Fable III was when he learned how little of Fable II most players bothered with. So... guess he didn't bother putting most of it in Fable III, problem solved!

But yeah, really baffling that the third game in a series has so much less content than either of the two previous games.

I missed some of the stuff lost in transition from I to II (like the fight club circuit), but II added a bunch of new stuff. III adds almost nothing new (weapon morphs, king judgement/treasury, the co-op originally promised for II) and removes so much more.

I still enjoyed playing it, but it felt like a game that should have came out between Fable I and II not after it. Only part that seemed like an honest improvement was the sanctuary over the messy laggy Fable II menus.

Snuggler said:
What even happened to Oakvale? It's been a while since I played Fable II, maybe it was destroyed and I forgot about it, but I was bummed that it didn't show up in III. I still 'member my first quest there in Fable I <3.

200 years before the events in fable 2, Reaver made a deal with the shadows for the lives of everyone in oakvale in return he'd have ever lasting youth, the city then becomes part of the wraithmarsh.

Snuggler said:

Oakvale in Fable 1 became the Wraithmarsh in Fable II. The lore is pretty cool actually, you can read it here: http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Oakvale

It's a shame the Fable III world had very little continuation from the previous games aside from the BowerStone areas

les papillons sexuels said:
after giving it a good amount of time I've come down to my biggest complaint of fable 3.

Why were so many things removed from fable 2 which didn't need to be removed, never have I seen a sequel where so many things were removed which didn't need to be removed.

enemies:
trolls, bugs, wraiths, etc.

area's/cities:
oakfield, westcliff, bloodstone.

Worldly things, quests:
moving statues, jobs(wood cutting and bar tending), pub games, traveling traders.

It hasn't been mentioned much in this thread, but the enemies in Fable III are smaller in number and there wasn't a single HUGE enemy. In the first two Fables, you had giant trolls and other big bosses.
Heck, The Creeper in Fable III just ends up being Walter when it comes to the actual battle... There were a couple of sentinels dragon things, but they were just as easy to beat as the big bandit magic guys.
They also had creepy wraiths and a variety of other enemies in the old games. Fable III axed it seems over half of the existing enemies while only adding a few new ones, none of them really being stand out.

It really does feel Lionhead was distracted during the development of Fable III and it needed another 8-12 months to be fully fleshed out.

I"m guessing they probably had some Kinect feature in mind for the Expression system. That's the only explanation I can figure out for why the took it out.
The whole 121 day point of no return thing also feels like they just hit a development deadline, instead of it being an actual design decision.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
for some reason I can see Peter being locked away with Milo, obsessed with treating him like a real boy, as the rest of the team keeps pressuring him to get back on development of Fable III ("Peter, get a grip, he's not a real boy!") but he was in too deep and they couldn't pull him out so they released whatever they could by the deadline

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The Chosen One said:
It hasn't been mentioned much in this thread, but the enemies in Fable III are smaller in number and there wasn't a single HUGE enemy. In the first two Fables, you had giant trolls and other big bosses.
Heck, The Creeper in Fable III just ends up being Walter when it comes to the actual battle... There were a couple of sentinels dragon things, but they were just as easy to beat as the big bandit magic guys.
They also had creepy wraiths and a variety of other enemies in the old games. Fable III axed it seems over half of the existing enemies while only adding a few new ones, none of them really being stand out.

It really does feel Lionhead was distracted during the development of Fable III and it needed another 8-12 months to be fully fleshed out.

I"m guessing they probably had some Kinect feature in mind for the Expression system. That's the only explanation I can figure out for why the took it out.
The whole 121 day point of no return thing also feels like they just hit a development deadline, instead of it being an actual design decision.
I also wonder if Aurora was originally going to be a much bigger location, both in size and things to do.

It feels 'tacked on' because there's so little there

AlexMogil

cjelly said:
I also wonder if Aurora was originally going to be a much bigger location, both in size and things to do.

It feels 'tacked on' because there's so little there
I didn't mind that quite as much because it made dates and fetches much easier. But at the same time it's a little screwy. "Take me on a date 15 feet from my house!" "I lost a very important item, it's right over there somewhere."

Jinaar said:
Fable 3 is... well after beating it I felt nothing.

Me too. Boring story, disappointing ending (I'm sure dlc is going to fix that if you want to pay) and so many weird design choices.

The ending...I have no words for this.

One other thing I think fable suffers from is that the start of the game is really really strong in it's game design, then it trails off quickly after that.

the 3 first major quests of the main storyline, to get the approval of sabine, are almost perfect in length and variety.
1. earn enough support in brightwall (minor questing, and hand shaking)
2. the relequary as a dungeon was good, could use some puzzles though.
3. the bandits was the really the only boss fight i can remember.

Quests for Page and the Aroran lady should've been similar in design.
1. win the people of the area over with minor quests and exploration.
2. a mini dungeon, with some puzzles.
3. a quest ending in a boss battle of some kind.

3 or 4 instead of 1 would've added a lot more depth to the overall game while flushing out the world.

The other problem is that they really lowered the amount of depth in the rpg mechanics without providing enough compensation. If you're going to make it an action adventure rpg, why not through in more puzzles. With the exception of some of the later areas, like the sunshine house, the game lacks any real challenge on the intellectual side.

Top Bottom