• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Grisby

Just reached Aurora. Man, that bit before was creepy! Having a ton of fun with the game and the side quests are actually making me laugh out loud. Gorgeous too, although the slowdown is a bit dragging.

Can already say I'm going to be looking forward to Fable 4!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Grisby said:
Just reached Aurora. Man, that bit before was creepy! Having a ton of fun with the game and the side quests are actually making me laugh out loud. Gorgeous too, although the slowdown is a bit dragging.

Nice to see these opinions in a sea of hate. I myself loved the first couple of hours i played. I wanted to beat AC 2 before next week but tomorrow ill be back to playing Fable 3 again.

Blueblur1

Mastperf said:
I would just like to say FUCK YOU to Lionhead and Microsoft for actually taking the black dye out of the game and selling it as dlc. Fuck you deeply, fuck you dry and fuck you as your dog watches on in disgust.
I doubt that was a Lionhead decision. I'm 99% sure it was a Microsoft decision. Especially how they fucked around with Bungie and Halo 3's DLC.

Grisby said:

I know I've said it before, but I really do love Fable 3, I can't wait for Fable 4.

Right now, I'm starting my second playthrough as a completely evil character, it's going to be fun being such a douche to the people of Albion. :lol

fernoca

7echnicolor said:
I know I've said it before, but I really do love Fable 3, I can't wait for Fable 4.

Right now, I'm starting my second playthrough as a completely evil character, it's going to be fun being such a douche to the people of Albion. :lol
Yep. Loved my evil playthrough. Posted some of the "big" changes I noticed in the world. In some cases, felt like playing DLC or expansions because of the new areas, puzzles and items.

fernoca said:
Yep. Loved my evil playthrough. Posted some of the "big" changes I noticed in the world. In some cases, felt like playing DLC or expansions because of the new areas, puzzles and items.
Yeah I saw your post, looking forward to that.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Ok anyone else not able to have sex in this game? I've been married a bunch of times between 2 different characters and even hired whores still can't get any. The spouses say they are amorous and even talk about wanting to but when I bring them to bed and hit sleep nothing happens. Same for the whores, I hire then bring them to a house I own, go to bed and hit sleep and nothing.

Only been able to get laid once with my 1st wife in my 1st game, didn't do anything different.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Warnen said:
Ok anyone else not able to have sex in this game? I've been married a bunch of times between 2 different characters and even hired whores still can't get any. The spouses say they are amorous and even talk about wanting to but when I bring them to bed and hit sleep nothing happens. Same for the whores, I hire then bring them to a house I own, go to bed and hit sleep and nothing.

Only been able to get laid once with my 1st wife in my 1st game, didn't do anything different.
You have to press A on Unprotected sex, I thought.

Articate

Banned
I'd really like The Swinging Sword. I'm looking to trade with someone. I've got a lot of weapons and even more money. If I've got it, you can have it for The Swinging Sword. Anyone keen to trade?

Articate said:
Really? No one would trade? I'd give millions for it

dude everyone has millions

what weapons do you have to swap? do you have any guns with steal health? I have access to that sword muu-hahahahahaha [evil laugh]

I don't even know what weapons I have. Kinda didn't bother with them since it seemed like a big chore to have to do three challenges while each weapon was equipped to get their benefits. Just stuck with my morphed ones.

fernoca

Though not all weapons can be traded.
Maybe the only ones that can, guess the ones that count for the "all weapons achievement", but a few like the Channeling (Best Buy) Sword, can't.

Xapati

~Kinggi~ said:
Nice to see these opinions in a sea of hate. I myself loved the first couple of hours i played. I wanted to beat AC 2 before next week but tomorrow ill be back to playing Fable 3 again.

It's by no means a bad game, in fact parts of it are great. But there are so many times you feel like the game was rushed out to meet a deadline.

Articate

Banned
cleveridea said:
dude everyone has millions

what weapons do you have to swap? do you have any guns with steal health? I have access to that sword muu-hahahahahaha [evil laugh]

Yes. I have Desert Fury, which has Man-Eater. (Kill 150 men - gain health with each hit)
And Holy Vengeance - Paladin - (Drag 10 criminals to jail - Gain health with each hit)

You can get both in trade. I have a bunch of other stuff if you'd like something else.

Giard

Small question about one of the decisions as king:
My g/f just told me she made the good choice (A button) regarding something about alcohol, now everyone is puking in the streets. Did she press the wrong button? Or is that an unforeseen consequence?

Giard said:
My g/f just told me she made the good choice (A button) regarding something about alcohol, now everyone is puking in the streets. Did she press the wrong button? Or is that an unforeseen consequence?
Lifting the limit on alcohol makes everyone a drunk but it is technically the "good" option. The other options were to keep the limit (neutral) and ban it altogether (evil)

Giard

Aquavelvaman said:
Lifting the limit on alcohol makes everyone a drunk but it is technically the "good" option. The other options were to keep the limit (neutral) and ban it altogether (evil)

Will they stay that way all game? :lol

fernoca

Giard said:
Yep. :p
The "good option" (A) was to lift the limit, so that everyone could drink
The "evil option" (X) was to ban alcohol, endorsed by the rich people.
The "neutral option" (Y) was to leave the limit.
So, at least her people are happy. :p

EDIT:
Beaten, but whatever. :p

I can only imagine how amazing this game would be with the exact same goals but in the hands of the Assassin's Creed team, or the Red Dead Redemption team. I'm about 12 hours in, and the only thing keeping me going is the pure VIBE, the voice acting, and the art direction. The technical aspects, and the gameplay are just pure jank.

1. Getting rid of the expression wheel was the worst idea ever. Having to hold A, and do the same repetitive actions for everyone is so unbelievably tedious. Stupid move here.

2. The framerate is completely wonky. It drops to sub 15fps randomly while absolutely NOTHING is happening. And god forbid something is ACTUALLY happening. Hell, I can't even play Lute Hero in Bowerstone because the framerate keeps messing up my timing. Horrible job there.

3. Combat feels so slow, and unresponsive. The random slow motion moments don't do anything but continuously throw my timing off when I'm trying to string flourishes together.

4. The graphics are still overly blurry. The game sometimes looks like I'm playing a dream sequence from a TV show, or a movie where they overuse the bloom effect.

I really do enjoy the vibe the game gives off, the property owning, the feeling of building up from nothing, the art, the Sims/Animal Crossing like gameplay, the character customization, etc., but the technical problems really do hold this series back. There just isn't enough polish, or "slickness" to the overall package. Luckily, I haven't had one of the MAJOR glitches happen to me, but these issues I posted about are grinding my gears.

Grisby

Monies are coming in slow endgame. I own a lot of business's and have blacksmithing up to the max level. Any tips on what I could do further? Houses just seem like a pain with all the repair going on.

Never tried to make a lot of dough in the previous installments. Just blundered my way around with the sword.

Grisby said:
Monies are coming in slow endgame. I own a lot of business's and have blacksmithing up to the max level. Any tips on what I could do further? Houses just seem like a pain with all the repair going on.

Never tried to make a lot of dough in the previous installments. Just blundered my way around with the sword.

Buy ALL the businesses, all of Millfields. Basically if it's expensive, own it. The buildings don't need repair THAT often. They can drop down super low before the tenants will refuse to pay.

Just go do sidequests, take your time, let the money flow. There's no urgency to show up in the throne room.

It´s so unbelievably stupid to have to fetch/delivery quests for villagers and servants even when you´re the king. And they were a stupid addition from the beginning. That they were included from the beginning is a sure sign that something is very very wrong at Lionhead now. It´s just lazy game design that shows no ambition at all.

Articate

Banned
CecilRousso said:
It´s so unbelievably stupid to have to fetch/delivery quests for villagers and servants even when you´re the king. And they were a stupid addition from the beginning. That they were included from the beginning is a sure sign that something is very very wrong at Lionhead now. It´s just lazy game design that shows no ambition at all.

Yeah. It's so bloating and ridiculous. I love the algorithmic approach to getting a best friend or someone falling in love with you - "hold A about three times, then do a quest. Hold A three more times and then kiss them some arbitrary place".

There biggest moment of the game feeling rushed to me came at the end of The Road To Rule:
When you're gonna take down your brother and become king, there's this big ralley on a boat, and everyone's like YEAAH, LET'S DO THIS!, then it cuts to you being on the beach and apparently everyone having done what they were just discussing what to do. It felt like a huuuuge 5 minute cutscene was just missing.
I was so baffled I actually restarted my game because I was sure something had been skipped.

Articate

Banned
jred2k said:
If I was to send it to you would I lose my progress for the Legendary Weapons achievement? If not I'd be willing to send you mine if you have some a weapon I need for that achievement.

I don't know. I mean, nothing of achievement gets ever set back. If you shoot a gnome, then restart without saving, the progress towards the achievement is still there, you just don't get another one for shooting it again. That's the best I can say on the matter, though.

I probably have weapons you'd need. Anything in particular you're after?

EDIT: The more I think about it, the less I think it would matter if you gave it away after you've had it towards the achievement. But in worst case you could always get it back to hold it to get the achievement if it doesn't work

Kingpen

I almost got turned away from Fable 3 with all the negative backlash...

I ended up giving it a chance for 40 bucks, and am happy so far... I expected just more of what was similar to Fable 2 and I am getting that.

I miss some things from Fable 2, but appreciate some new stuff in Fable 3.... So I'm okay with this type of sequel.

I can see the point everyone else is making though about expecting it to be so much more...

I have not experienced any bugs in gameplay yet after about 5 hours. And I'm actually replaying Fable 2 in tandem with my Fable 3 playthrough just to evaluate the changes...

fernoca

The thing is, that the negative backlash for Fable III is on par with the previous two games. It may sound as more people don't like it, but is also because there are more people on this and other gaming forums.

Warnen

Just got done with my evil play thru (still got a few post game quest to do still), gotta say I'm a bit bummed out with the epic weapon chest (the 2 that hold the best weapons, the treasure room and 50 key box). Got the same 2 weapons as my good hero, Dragonstomper and sandgoose. Was hoping for any other 2 weapons.

Giard

Me and my g/f had a kid while playing co-op. Both our heroes were white, and the kid turned out black.

I think it's pretty funny, but she's pissed. She had the same bug in Fable II...and now it happens with her and me again in Fable III. A really stupid bug that could have been easily fixed. I don't even think that our Heroes can be black.

Gonna try to give him up at the orphanage and have another kid

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Giard said:
Me and my g/f had a kid while playing co-op. Both our heroes were white, and the kid turned out black.

I think it's pretty funny, but she's pissed. She had the same bug in Fable II...and now it happens with her and me again in Fable III. A really stupid bug that could have been easily fixed. I don't even think that our Heroes can be black.

that's pretty fucked up, yo

ArjanN

Giard said:

That's racist.gif

fernoca

Giard said:

Are you sure her character didn't slept with anyone else before you? :p

In my case, me (male character) and my friend (female character) got married and had a baby boy and it was white with brown hair, like his dad. Even though he lives in my friend's game, he goes around screaming "hey dad" when I go to his game. :lol

Even when his dad is gay. :p

Warnen

My kid with my evil female play thru turned out Black (married the dude from the beginning), but thats not the bad part. She a girl, sounds like one but is in a boys body!!!

Articate

Banned
Regarding the ending:
Boy, was that ever a disappointment. What an underwhelming finish. Honestly, wtf. :(

Started another character. Whacked off a person in a town, then the guards came after me, so I whacked them off, too. Then more came and I did them off, too. And more. And more. Now I have to stand in Mistpeak valley for half an hour, because I can't progress the story because I can't buy the tattoos to do the next quest. Awesome.

fernoca

Articate said:
Regarding the ending:
Boy, was that ever a disappointment. What an underwhelming finish. Honestly, wtf. :(

Started another character. Whacked off a person in a town, then the guards came after me, so I whacked them off, too. Then more came and I did them off, too. And more. And more. Now I have to stand in Mistpeak valley for half an hour, because I can't progress the story because I can't buy the tattoos to do the next quest. Awesome.
You can work and pay the fine. :p
Though I guess that the fine is quite high, so you'll have to make lots of pies; or leave the game running till the time expires. :p

Articate

Banned
Oh, god, people. Give it a rest. It's a ridiculous bug. I was equally upset. It has nothing to do with my character's skin color. If I played a black character, I'd be equally upset if I got a white kid with my black wife.

Warnen

Zeal said:
any word on some DLC yet?

There is a big quest and new area done and released on accident day 1 then pulled. So it should drop any time. 400 points. Rest is just outfits dyes and hair styles.

Eccocid

Giard said:

That's hilarious! I want this game lol! Can u make tons of kids and dump them to orphanage?

Giard said:
Dear god guys, it's the bug that is frustrating, not the kid's skin color.

2mpcua9.jpg

Giard said:

It happens in real life too, so it's not a bug!

Top Bottom