• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh.
Just had my father, who has absolutely no understanding of computers except for Photoshop, try to one-up me in a conversation with someone about computers.
That was swell.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
What is wrong with you people? I was just thinking something along the lines of using a flamethrower or dissolving you in acid. But dauym.
I'm guessing you have yet to experience the magic that is choking or being choked during certain activities

in my experience, no, not really.

Huh I'll have to give it a shot.

Assuming Em is keen
RRBwKmq.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He got himself banned for being weirdly confrontational. And you liked his posts? I remember some dumb conversations involving him in NHL-Gaf.

Naw he's a chill dude. My favourite PensGAF poster, which... to be fair... isn't a difficult achievement. I didn't say I liked his posts in the GirlGAF thread, though I do disagree with the "If you're a guy, don't post in GirlGAF unless you agree with everything we say" sentiment. :p Like I've said in NHLGAF, imagine a ManGAF thread, that would so not fly.

Assuming Em is keen
RRBwKmq.gif

I've tried VERY unorthodox places and it's worked. All the obvious places work for sure.

They got Zaraki banned in GirlGAF :( I like Zaraki!

(Em and Me being Dragonz and Wazzy, for extra puns.)

I didn't get anyone banned. He did that to himself by treating GirlGAF like your typical OT thread and by being rude.

He came into the thread with his confrontational posts after Kisaya just wanted to vent and discuss with OTHER WOMEN about the issue. I'm all for having guys in the thread, as long as they are respectful of the fact that they're posting in a place reserved for women. His posts were aggressive and I responded accordingly, because GirlGAF is not the place to indirectly call someone's views stupid or to say that "it's a shit thing to do".

It would be like me going into NHL-GAF and saying "Hockey sucks ass and you're all stupid for liking it." No one asked for his opinion; Kisaya wanted to discuss it with us girls and he jumped in and felt like he had to confront her about it.

No one is saying you have to agree with us, but be respectful of the fact that you're in a thread reserved for GIRLS that you don't even have to be in anyway, plus the fact that it isn't the place for your typical OT debate. If you don't like it, don't post. It's that simple.

Assuming Em is keen
RRBwKmq.gif

Yes, sounds like a plan to me.

Acid08

Banned
Naw he's a chill dude. My favourite PensGAF poster, which... to be fair... isn't a difficult achievement. I didn't say I liked his posts in the GirlGAF thread, though I do disagree with the "If you're a guy, don't post in GirlGAF unless you agree with everything we say" sentiment. :p Like I've said in NHLGAF, imagine a ManGAF thread, that would so not fly.
Lol none of them said that though? Seemed like their general sentiment was just "be respectful", which he wasn't.

And all of Gaf is Man-Gaf. That's dangerously close to the White Student Union argument.

Smiley90

I didn't get anyone banned. He did that to himself by treating GirlGAF like your typical OT thread and by being rude.

He came into the thread with his confrontational posts after Kisaya just wanted to vent and discuss with OTHER WOMEN about the issue. I'm all for having guys in the thread, as long as they are respectful of the fact that they're posting in a place reserved for women. His posts were aggressive and I responded accordingly, because GirlGAF is not the place to indirectly call someone's views stupid or to say that "it's a shit thing to do".

It would be like me going into NHL-GAF and saying "Hockey sucks ass and you're all stupid for liking it." No one asked for his opinion; Kisaya wanted to discuss it with us girls and he jumped in and felt like he had to confront her about it.

Yes, sounds like a plan to me.

Zaraki has been in GirlGAF for a while though, hasn't he? It's not like he just came in to call her stupid, he called the sentiment that getting annoyed at people trying to relate to you stupid.

Adam, how long would a ManGAF thread last until the OP got perma'd and the thread closed? :p

Anyway, I don't wanna get banned too, so I'll drop this. :lol Just feel bad about Zaraki. Hope he's not gone for too long. (Adam? :x)

Zaraki has been in GirlGAF for a while though, hasn't he? It's not like he just came in to call her stupid, he called the sentiment that getting annoyed at people trying to relate to you stupid.

Adam, how long would a ManGAF thread last until the OP got perma'd and the thread closed? :p

Anyway, I don't wanna get banned too, so I'll drop this. :lol Just feel bad about Zaraki. Hope he's not gone for too long. (Adam? :x)

Zaraki has been in there for a while, which is fine. As I said, none of us have ANY problems whatsoever with guys in there. But at the end of the day, it is a thread for women, and should be respected accordingly.

GirlGAF is a place for girls to safely discuss issues without it being treated like your typical thread in off topic, which is how he responded. He posted with the intent to confront Kisaya about the issue, did so, and got an appropriate response. Take it to OT if you want to start a debate. But not GirlGAF.

I'm not sure why they would get permed. Unless they were being exceptionally rude or overtly sexist about stuff. It would most assuredly be locked beacuse it would instantly descend into a gender politics thread. I don't know whether it would stay open long enough for meaningful arguments to take place or whether someone like Mumei would swoop in and lock it preemptively.

We do have man-themed threads like BeardGAF for specific issues but there's no real need for a signle overall thread about being a man.

As to Zara I don't know how long the ban was for because I'm not at home. It hasn't been officially filed in our ban record thread yet and I don't have access to the actual database from work because the bookmark is on my home computer.

Wazzy

Banned

Come on Smiley. Don't play dumb with the "what if there was a manGAF thread!"

GAF is predominantly male.

There's male posters like Beef who don't come in and stir shit up. Zaraki was rude and hasn't respected the fact it's still a group intended for the girls of GAF.

Smiley90

Zaraki has been in there for a while, which is fine. As I said, none of us have ANY problems whatsoever with guys in there. But at the end of the day, it is a thread for women, and should be respected accordingly.

GirlGAF is a place for girls to safely discuss issues without it being treated like your typical thread in off topic, which is how he responded. He posted with the intent to confront Kisaya about the issue, did so, and got an appropriate response. Take it to OT if you want to start a debate. But not GirlGAF.

That's the crux of the issue, yeah. He thought it was like a normal thread where discussion was normal and didn't realize Kisaya was just venting. Which is his fault, but I'm not sure it's really deserving of a ban. That's all I'm saying.

I guess I'm just too optimistic about not having any kind of discussion go over-the top and stay rational. -sigh- I sometimes forget that this is the internet. :(

That's the crux of the issue, yeah. He thought it was like a normal thread where discussion was normal and didn't realize Kisaya was just venting. Which is his fault, but I'm not sure it's really deserving of a ban. That's all I'm saying.

It's absolutely deserving of a ban. You come into a thread and stir shit up and offend the resident posters there? Come on. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there's a distinct possibility you're going to get in trouble.

Smiley90

It's absolutely deserving of a ban. You come into a thread and stir shit up and offend the resident posters there? Come on. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there's a distinct possibility you're going to get in trouble.

But he didn't come in there TO stir shit up. He came in there to have a discussion, not realizing that she was only venting and as a guy he wasn't supposed to be confrontational. It's on him, of course, but we'll see how long the ban is. I'll base how upset I am based on that. :p

Also man people come into NHLGAF to stir shit all the time. :p

Guys let's stop talking about this now.

I TRIED

I like discussing things like this way more than the daily OMG SO THIRSTY posts though :(

Windam

Scaley member
Wazzy, I'd totes play FF XIV with you. Been looking for an excuse to set my account back up.

I TRIED

I like discussing things like this way more than the daily OMG SO THIRSTY posts though :(

Cinderella, she seems so easy
“It takes one to know one,” she smiles
And puts her hands in her back pockets
Bette Davis style
And in comes Romeo, he’s moaning
“You Belong to Me I Believe”
And someone says, “You’re in the wrong place my friend
You better leave”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom