• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueGrime

Grime, where's the new gif of me and the void?

windynom.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
No joke one time I was walking back from a night out and I saw two girls making out outside of the bar.

Then I noticed one of the girls was a friend's little sister.

heh
Peeeeeeeeeetttteeeerrrrrrrrrr we're so close!
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm ready.

NinjaBoiX

I can't tell whether Em not including me in that gif was a snub, or she remembered how much I hate Hunger Games.*

*It's a lot
I don't "hate" it, it's just a bit shit.

I don't get why it's so popular. I managed to fight off my screensaver for about an hour of the first movie, then I had to turn it off and do something less dull.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

I don't get why it's so popular. I managed to fight off my screensaver for about an hour of the first movie, then I had to turn it off and do something less dull.

I understand exactly why it's popular. Shit is easy to read, easy to understand, teen romance, strong female protagonist (who sadly really doesn't do much), people die, set in the future... it's a perfect sell.

NinjaBoiX

I understand exactly why it's popular. Shit is easy to read, easy to understand, teen romance, strong female protagonist (who sadly really doesn't do much), people die, set in the future... it's a perfect sell.
Yeah, I get that, but watching it I was like "man, this is really boring." I was expecting a turn-your-brain-off action movie but it couldn't even provide those simple thrills.

And the art direction was utterly hideous.

Garbage.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
That 'would you shoot someone' thread told me that most people are liars or bad people.

Link? (I did look for it first).
Yeah, I get that, but watching it I was like "man, this is really boring." I was expecting a turn-your-brain-off action movie but it couldn't even provide those simple thrills.

Garbage.

You should watch Bunraku. It's been 6 months and my brain is still off.

MutFox

Banned

Garbage.

Yeah, that one for sure...
It won't age well in that regard.

The_Poet

Banned

Garbage.

Excuuuuuse you. This is perfectly reasonable and good looking attire

The film gave me a nervous twitch when it came to its art design but I could see what they were trying to do at least

T0VJZR5.jpg

Yeah, I thought the movie was pretty bad. Looked kind of forward to it too.

Clydefrog

Yasss Clyde you should join! I think know you've done weird shit

Well, this is BB's first year along with me so we've never done it lol

The thread has last years list, though. It doesn't start until August.

I took a good look at it and there's no way I could compete. sorry :(

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Did somebody say PANCAKES?

So first things first, this is actually a tale of sadness and alcoholism. I intended to suprise a ladyfriend with a GIANT PANCAKE for breakfast, but alas, things didn't went as I expected, which lead to eating the pancake all by myself like a gluttonous fat fuck.

All said and done, I've had worse Sunday mornings.

PREPARATIONS:

I don't actually have a rice cooker, but one of those electronic pot-thingies that also serve as slow cookers. I know they can be used to make cakes, but I mostly use it to prepare rice and make stews/pulled meat in large quantities, eating some in the day and freezing the rest. This was kind of a first for me.

Programmable slow cooker, mixing bowl, mixer, pancake mix, Nutella.

AIkyzeg.jpg

I didn't occur to me that as far as kitchen gadgets go, this is one huge bitch. One real huge ass motherfucker. As soon as I saw the inner pot, I realised that my pancake wouldn't be as thick as I was hoping due to the sheer size of the pan/pot. Alas, it was too late and I was HANGRY, so that would have to make do.

XFCYHTz.jpg

Mixing the batter. I purchased a bag of pancake mix apparently sourced from America because I'm lazy and I didn't feel like making my own mix.

07NqWhP.jpg

I had no butter in my fridge, so I greased the pan using some olive oil.

HGTpXSX.jpg

Put everything together and programmed the pot to "cake". I decreased the timer from the original 28 minutes to 15.

i2ipkB8.jpg

Then I realized that I had no milk to go with the pancakes. No biggie, beer it is.

Cx8V1ZS.jpg

9WyYDBV.gif

Waiting.

L2Cg1fp.jpg

End result, still in the pan/pot. The top of the pancake was pale and with some holes due to bubbling, but it didn't look bad. I could tell from the smell it was thoroughly cooked, so... success?

v65qUvL.jpg
4OYMHZh.jpg

The beast itself. It was kind of brownish and the lower part of the pancake had a crispy texture. I'm not sure if that was due to the olive oil or the timing; I'm afraid that 15 minutes may be a bit too much. Probably 10 minutes would have suffice, but at least it wasn't burnt.

TASTY TEST:

I didn't realize I'd need some syrup, so I fucked up there. Luckily enough, I had a jar of Nutella. That did the work. As soon as it warmed, it spread all over the pancake as it it were chocolate fondant *notbad.jpg*

QQz59MP.jpg

The final result was surprisingly good. Other than the crusty surface on the lower part of the pancake, the entire thing was fluffly and light and warm and not overtly moist at all. Still, I believe it would have worked better if I set the timer to 10 minutes instead of 15.

hWk9Yxc.jpg

GET IN MAH BELLY

5pfcWXv.jpg

In the end, it was a fun experiment and it tasted good, despite the surprisingly crusty surface at the bottom. I just wish I would have had some actual mapple syrup to soften it up a little bit. Now I'm curious about making smaller pancakes mixing the batter with some vanilla whey protein powder for bulking.

9/10 will fat again.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, you fucked that up big time. I love me some nutella on toast or a crepe, but maple syrup is the best pancake topping. They proven that with science and shit. Hell even honey beats nutella. You should throw in some diced Macadamia nuts next time, maybe a tiny bit of vanilla essence.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Wow, you fucked that up big time. I love me some nutella on toast or a crepe, but maple syrup is the best pancake topping. They proven that with science and shit. Hell even honey beats nutella. You should throw in some diced Macadamia nuts next time, maybe a tiny bit of vanilla essence.

It was sunday and all the supermarkets were closed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom