• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Banned
BZMqWYe.gif

I pressed the "show my balance" button when it asked if I wanted a receipt. Then my brain was like "Oh, I've checked my balance, that's totally what I was here for." And so it didn't warn me as I started to walk away with my card. I was listening to a podcast at the same time so I didn't hear the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP that goes off if you don't take the cash.

Truly I am the biggest fuckwit in the southern hemisphere.

Someone's really enjoying that $100 right about now.

My dad dropped and lost nearly $300 in a parking lot a few months ago. A girl presumably found it because she was bragging about finding money in the parking lot on Facebook. #PeopleofWalmart

I pressed the "show my balance" button when it asked if I wanted a receipt. Then my brain was like "Oh, I've checked my balance, that's totally what I was here for." And so it didn't warn me as I started to walk away with my card. I was listening to a podcast at the same time so I didn't hear the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP that goes off if you don't take the cash.

Truly I am the biggest fuckwit in the southern hemisphere.

I'm allowed to laugh because I don't really store money in my wallet and have probably lost a couple hundred quid by pulling something out of my pocket and dragging a note out with it :C

zeemumu

Someone's really enjoying that $100 right about now.

My dad dropped and lost nearly $300 in a parking lot a few months ago. A girl presumably found it because she was bragging about finding money in the parking lot on Facebook. #PeopleofWalmart

Why did you happen to have the girl who took your dad's $300 added on Facebook?

I top up my bus pass and pay rent in cash. Otherwise I use card for 95% of things. Having a bit on you can be useful, splitting bills at restaurants or buying small items at places that have min transactions for card.

zeemumu

I just went to sleep about 5 hours ago after getting home from work, and now I'm up again to go to work in about an hour and a half.
spirit_bomb_2_by_gokansupersaiyan-d6v52bq.gif

The nights are getting shorter
I don't know where they go
And I am getting older
And it's starting to show

And ever since I left my mother
It's much harder to know
How to make my own life here
How to make my own home

I don't wanna wake up lonely
I don't wanna just be fine
I don't wanna keep on hopin'
Forget what I have in mind

Negative_Man.png
Negative_Man.png
Negative_Man.png

zeemumu

Panem's government isn't very good at maintaining an ominous presence, is it?

If I ran Panem (and was inexplicably evil), after the first rebellion I would have only done 1 Hunger Games match and televised it every year, and threatened to do it again and make it worse if they rebelled again. There's a big difference between "don't rebel AND we'll make your kids fight to the death on camera" and "don't rebel OR we'll make your kids fight to the death on camera." And to make sure that the districts don't unite, any single district rebelling would cause all districts to have to take part in the next hunger games so that the districts will all hate each other.

Srsly fuck you, Spotify
Negative_Man.png

Why does Broods gotta lie like that?

Negative_Man.png

Panem's government isn't very good at maintaining an ominous presence, is it?

If I ran Panem (and was inexplicably evil), after the first rebellion I would have only done 1 Hunger Games match and televised it every year, and threatened to do it again and make it worse if they rebelled again. There's a big difference between "don't rebel AND we'll make your kids fight to the death on camera" and "don't rebel OR we'll make your kids fight to the death on camera." And to make sure that the districts don't unite, any single district rebelling would cause all districts to have to take part in the next hunger games so that the districts will all hate each other.

It's almost as if Suzanne Collins isn't a very good writer!

I still like the series. But honestly, in the grand scheme of YAL it's barely above Twilight tier in terms of writing. Divergent is a better written dystopian sci-fi series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom