• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1234

I'm having fun with Doom. It knows exactly what it is and makes no apologies for it. It's very difficult on Ultra Violence though and the load times on the PS4 every time you die are pretty high (around 20 seconds).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I want both DOOM and UC4 but they seem like the kind of games to get price drops after a while. Holding strong.

zeemumu

I'm having fun with Doom. It knows exactly what it is and makes no apologies for it. It's very difficult on Ultra Violence though and the load times on the PS4 every time you die are pretty high (around 20 seconds).

I feel terrible that my only experience playing Doom is Doom 3. Heh, I only played that game because I heard that it was supposed to be scary, and it was the first game that told me to dim the lighting so I was thinking "Wow this must really be scary." I came out of it with an "...eh..." reaction. I was mostly a Duke Nukem kid, not so much Doom.

I want both DOOM and UC4 but they seem like the kind of games to get price drops after a while. Holding strong.

Eh, I took advantage of Gamestop's "Get 20% when you trade in items towards UC4 or Doom" promotion. It seemed like now was the right time.

Misha

Banned
I feel terrible that my only experience playing Doom is Doom 3. Heh, I only played that game because I heard that it was supposed to be scary, and it was the first game that told me to dim the lighting so I was thinking "Wow this must really be scary." I came out of it with an "...eh..." reaction. I was mostly a Duke Nukem kid, not so much Doom.

I remember my dad getting a demo for doom 3 and being thoroughly underwhelmed.

I don't find Doom 3 scary necessarily. But I adore the general macabre atmosphere and utter dearth of hope that permeates it.

DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

red box will have Doom on tuesday if you wanna rent it for $3 a day , Uncharted 4 won't get a price drop until fall or black friday

Eh, I took advantage of Gamestop's "Get 20% when you trade in items towards UC4 or Doom" promotion. It seemed like now was the right time.

its 50% now for doom, might just trade in a bunch of thrift games and get a gift receipt and return doom next week

jb1234

Oh, man. The original Dooms are true classics. You should play them!

tumblr_o73hcozon31rijtzpo1_500.jpg

lmao

jb1234

The original doom is still totally worth playing today I think.

A lot of retro classics kinda start sucking after a certain point, but Doom doesn't.

Yeah, I replayed it just a few months ago. There's programs you can use to update the graphics/resolution and stuff but even the base game holds up extremely well.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just found a secret that was a recreation of the original DOOM level. Oh god yes.

FloatOn

I think I'm probably going to jump on the overwatch train with you guys.

It seems fun and I haven't played a multiplayer shooter in a long time

FloatOn

I remember back in high school on the last day on my computer class our teacher let the entire class play Quake on the school computers. It was awesome.

I was one of the five student tech assistants for our school. The IT guy had this little office with a bunch of networked computers and a PlayStation 1. We played quake 3 arena and tony hawk for several actual class periods. Skipping school at school was dope. I did this junior and senior and senior year. It's no wonder I graduated with a 2.0 gpa

Xiao Hu

All those alleged NX specs leaks have hit a peak in being annoying as fuck. So much contradicting date and claims, gaming has devolved into a dumpster fire of people sharing their fanfiction about the NX. I'll take some time and read into the last financial results of Nvidia to look out for some clues if the claims made by semiaccurate (what a shitty name) are true or not...

zeemumu

I was one of the five student tech assistants for our school. The IT guy had this little office with a bunch of networked computers and a PlayStation 1. We played quake 3 arena and tony hawk for several actual class periods. Skipping school at school was dope. I did this junior and senior and senior year. It's no wonder I graduated with a 2.0 gpa

I wish I knew more tech support stuff. People keep asking me if I can fix their computers because I'm a CS major and I feel bad because my computer troubleshooting knowledge is basic.

Just sent an email to volunteer my time at a local elderly residential home. Really hope they accept me, I dont think they get emails often like what I sent.

Worked at one
Didn't enjoy it
They didn't let me play their Wii

There was a thing i read about how elderly people are happier with younger visitors and younger visitors are happier visiting elderly people.

As far as im concerned, there is a bunch of lonely people, looking for outside companionship. And Id be dumb to not offer my time because these are out most experienced population

Maybe they are a bunch of assholes, maybe they are not. I need to go see for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom