• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

iX3VqRz.png

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I dug the artstyle and general atmosphere. And figuring out how to progress through a level gave me such a sense of satisfaction.

Not sure if I'll ever replay it tho.

What You Know Nothing said. It was a really nice looking game with a satisfying puzzle system.
Yeah, but...is that really all there was to it? Because (and I hate to use the word, because it mightn't be the right context for it) I felt it was pretty pretentious. It seemed that it was trying too hard at trying to tell us that this is what an "indie" game is supposed to be and it just rubbed me the the wrong way in that regard, because it looked like it was guilty of the same crimes as many of its AAA brothers were. All about the looks and little regard to the gameplay.

Cuphead

Banned
LIMBO

I had a lot of fun playing Limbo, it was short but I never got bored. The puzzles weren't too easy.
It was very enjoyable to look at, the sound design melded nicely with the environments.

The movement was just floaty enough to add to the dreamy atmosphere in a positive way without detracting from the platforming.

I'm a sucker for interesting art style. The actual story wasn't present unless you read a press release but I don't think adding that context would have improved my experience much.

4 Cups out of 5

I saved your true form btw Cuppy

*yawn* I'm going back to bed now that it's empty and I'm free to spin around and kick in my sleep. Just can't get a good nights rest without it.

Z__Z afk few hours

zeemumu

Yeah, but...is that really all there was to it? Because (and I hate to use the word, because it mightn't be the right context for it) I felt it was pretty pretentious. It seemed that it was trying too hard at trying to tell us that this is what an "indie" game is supposed to be and it just rubbed me the the wrong way in that regard, because it looked like it was guilty of the same crimes as many of its AAA brothers were. All about the looks and little regard to the gameplay.

Limbo was created before Indie games started going up their own ass, so I give it a pass from that. As for gameplay, I think it did what it was trying to accomplish. Simplistic gameplay controls with puzzles. It's not like To the Moon or Gone Home, which tell really good stories but arguably aren't even games. They're all usually one direction or the other. Complex gameplay with a simplistic artstyle (Nidhogg) or great artstyle/graphics with a focus on story and little on gameplay (Gone Home, Slender: The Arrival). It's really based on your preference, but if you want a balance, try Binding of Isaac.

Fun Fact: You can easily recreate the entirety of Limbo in Little Big Planet, and I mean make an exact copy.

I kind of agree there. The whole time I was playing it, I kept getting that vibe. It didn't really irk me. Just nagged at me a little. Just a bit of a "look how indie I am" vibe.

But I really did adore the gameplay. It was fairly simplistic, but I thought it worked extremely well for the type of game Limbo was trying to be.

Like everything else she does. Hi Jake

Hi Jahsh.

yuVT5Gk.gif

zeemumu

Anyone over here actually listen to music off of OC Remix? I really like the Mega Man and Legend of Zelda remixes that people have done and drop in every once in a while to see the new ones.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
The things that people make with Little Big Planet are almost as impressive as the things that people make in Minecraft. People have made functioning first person shooters in Little Big Planet.
OI KNOW, BRUV. But to be honest, as admirable as LBP is on the creative front, I never really seemed to get into the two games I've played of it and I don't really know why. I mean, why wouldn't I get into it with what people have showcased out of it? I want to say that it's the imperfect networking that's bothering me, as it feels a bit janky to connect to levels.

zeemumu

Finally, after over a decade, I found the movie Frankenstein and Me. It's probably garbage but I still want to watch it because I've wanted to see it ever since I was a kid and saw the trailer on my VHS tape of Galgameth.

Kater

Banned
I could really go for some pot muffins right now. It's probably because Cuphead can't stop talking about smoking pot. :p

heh heh heh

A warning, make sure you tell people if your s/o is cool with certain things else a friend or a little brother (me) might say something stupid in front of them.

MutFox

Banned
heh heh heh

A warning, make sure you tell people if your s/o is cool with certain things else a friend or a little brother (me) might say something stupid in front of them.

Already had friends say stupid things in front of her... :|

Tried to not to keep anything from her and be myself.
So far so good though. :p

Cuphead

Banned
Doctors are encountering Ebola-like AKA Flu-Like symptoms during flu season.

SHOCKER

Thank the almighty lord for these news stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom