• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
YFskTrJ.gif

Lol added. You'll recognise me

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
People bitching about Fallout 4's graphics and I'm like

KmTHJan.gif

Edit:

Disjointed, inconsistent visual themes, heavy handed metaphor, lacking any moral overtones.

Pisspoor excuse for a fallout trailer. I am expecting even worse than the lackluster effort from three.

It's Skyrim with guns.

2004:
4_grand_theft_auto_san_andreas.jpg

2016:
NXHZYAD.png

12 years of hands technology has brought us to this moment...woah

Okay, I fully admit that as a proud resident of the state of NY this will sound salty as hell, but is it just me who has noticed that Boston has seemingly become the center of the United States over the last ten years?

Yes, I'm aware that there are a lot of reasons for Boston to be so popular, all of which are from the sports world. It was started in 2004, when the Red Sox, down 3-0 in the ALCS against their archrival Yankees, came back, won all four games, and went on to sweep the World Series and become the most popular team in baseball, winning two more titles since. The Patriots have been the measuring stick in the NFL as Tom Brady has become the game's most popular player by a country mile, and even controversies like spying on other teams and deflating footballs have seemingly INCREASED their popularity. The Celtics and Bruins have consistently been among the most popular franchises in their respective sports, and the horrible tragedy at the Boston Marathon two years ago just increased the love and admiration for the city. One of the biggest stars in the WWE, John Cena, is a native of West Newbury, just outside Boston. One of the most acclaimed and popular movies of the last ten years, The Departed, was set in Boston. Oh yeah, and the frigging Olympics are most likely going to be held there in 10 years.

And now, Fallout 4 will be set in Boston. While the series isn't as high-profile as, say, Grand Theft Auto it's still a a huge show of respect for a city. And considering that residents of the city aren't exactly...ahem...humble, I think it's just going to increase the ego of Mass-GAF.

And I'll just say it now. Translation: BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

It's amazing how many apologists in here are eager to grovel for anything Fallout related that they think for someone to expect decent graphics in 2015 is just crazy!

What's wrong with people? How can it be so hard to understand that there is a certain level of graphical fidelity expected of each generation, and this game is clearly indicative of a ps3/360 game, yet the apologists are lining up for preorders because they don't care if it was a NES game at this point "giv meh morr falloot!"

How can people have such low/non existent standards and be so childish as to dismiss others for actually wanting good game play AND good graphics, wow, what a crazy expectation.

It's pathetic how so many people are talking down on anyone not blindly buying this day 0 because we have functioning eyes that tell us how bad the games graphics and animations are.

Sorry for all the people that have standards and expect an increase in graphical fidelity between games, many people in here say that every past game has looked bad so why would we expect this to look better...

So because their games are always of low graphical fidelity, they get a free pass and we should accept it rather than look at graphical upgrades as a reasonable next step/improvement in future titles.

I'm not foolish enough to group all of gaf together as some single entity as those grasping at straws are, but it's clear that the apologist confirmation bias is extremely prevalent in threads like this.

I cant even beli8eve people are making excuses. Bethesda doesnt need you to defend their shitty practices. They owe you, not the other way around. And what have they done with the money from all of the sales we have given them? It sure as fuck isnt being put into making a beter looking game. If you want to know what that looks like look at the GTA series, or Witcher, or any other series.

Stop being a bunch of damned suckers. They owe you. Not the other way around. And with the number of sales theyve gotten over the years from us, with as long as we have put up with these greedy fucks pocketing those profits and obviously putting fuck all back into game after game, and now they cant even give us an improved engine even on next generation machines? Why are you people suck suckers?

Holy shit. I'M DONE.

Risgroo

JUST WATCHED THE FALLOUT TRAILER OHMYGOD
Can't wait to read about how much everyone else lov - oh.
People bitching about Fallout 4's graphics and I'm like

KmTHJan.gif

Edit:

Holy shit. I'M DONE.
NeoGAF was a mistake.
It's a massive step up from 3 and NV, looks absolutely amazing IMO. And it has a cute doggy.

At least Miiverse is still cool
tumblr_npad5jvXnJ1tti6jro1_540.png

tumblr_npad5jvXnJ1tti6jro2_540.png

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I could show him how far game collecting has come since Super Mario World.

tumblr_n6jyg9MLtI1tzdu2xo1_500.gif

I actually played Super Mario World on my cousin's SNES. He was like "You know where I bought this from? Your mother". So that's where my fucking SNES went.

I'm halfway through. The cinematography has been on the next level. The music has really stood out. The acting and writing are top notch as always.

Best show on television both technically and artistically. It's not even a contest.

Kevyt

I forgot about trimming! great responses you guys, thanks!

It all makes sense now. Is this the part where we start posting pictures of our armpits? Lol

Somebody will end up doing it.

The ladies should do it imo. Paging RobotNinja, LucianCat, and other lady FakeGaffers to post armpit pics :)

-----------------------------

In other news, Fifty Shades of Grey is available in Redbox.

Kevyt

Robotninja is a guy? I always thought RobotNinja was a girl... :p

I used to think Haly was a girl too, and Mumei too.

Ooops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom