• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Banned
I'm sorry but Dorian has some CAKES. Like damn ass so phat.

That alone makes your statement blatantly wrong.

k

2315933-1308826302-easte.gif

Just caught up on the last two eps of Agents of SHIELD

The jump in quality is ridiculous. Like legit insane. Kyle MacLachlan is amazing

Speaking of whomfst, I completely forgot we're getting more Twin Peaks in just over a year. GODFUCKINGDAMN I NEED IT NOW

Clydefrog

I knew that would light up your hate-signal, tbh.

Also, I made stuffed Sriracha bread.

The little bits are salami, bacon, black olives and sautéed portobello mushrooms.

It was fucking delicious.

what in the

dude

i need it

edit: UGH! I DIDNT SEE THE OLIVES

*pukes*

Lol. Yeah I can see that. But in what context? Which game? Why was she white-washed? How did people find out? Is it different in different versions of the game... etc... you know..context :p

Dragon Age Inquisition. I think it's just a mock up. But there has been talk of modding the game on PC to make her lighter skinned.

Which yeah, it would be an optional and fan made mod. But I still find the idea itself rather abhorrent. Especially because the reasoning behind it seems to amount to, "It's not realistic for a black woman to be in a prominent position in a land based on medieval France." And I'm just like, "It's a fucking fantasy video game, you racist cunts."

Dragon age was always weirdly progressive with lgbt characters everywhere and discrimination limited to fantasy races and mages.

I do find it annoying that they actually gave French accents to Orleaseans and Spanish accents to Antivans, but the Tevinters are just British same as Ferelden and Free Marches.

Its fucking obvious that Tevinter is the Eastern Roman Empire and the Free Marches is the HRE so just give them Greek and German accents pls.

Exactly. The people in Thedas don't do discrimination based on race or sexuality. They do it based on species.

Dwarfs have it the best because a) they're not elves and b) it's impossible for them to be mages. So pretty much no one seems to shun them except ironically other dwarfs who still live underground.

Chuckie

Dragon Age Inquisition. I think it's just a mock up. But there has been talk of modding the game on PC to make her lighter skinned.

Which yeah, it would be an optional and fan made mod. But I still find the idea itself rather abhorrent. Especially because the reasoning behind it seems to amount to, "It's not realistic for a black woman to be in a prominent position in a land based on medieval France." And I'm just like, "It's a fucking fantasy video game, you racist cunts."

Thanks!

Yeah making a mod to whitewash videogame characters is fucked up and racist.

Kater

Banned
tumblr_n82l0lA4G51qago8qo1_500.jpg

People are actually fucking TRASH.

It's not enough that whitewashing happens constantly in real life. It must now also occur in video games.
Of course, some people are just afraid of anything different to them and would like if they lived in a world full of people like them. It's both racist and xenophobic, I think.

And it doesn't make it okay just because it's optional and a mod.

Also, I just went on Twitter and immeditately closed the tab after seeing some victim-blaming again. A girl tweeted about that the dog is sick or something and people said she just wants attention. A huge debate ensued and some said she is the culprit since if she didn't put out the tweet nobody would have acted like an asshat towards her, obviously...

Some people...

Em should have chosen Blackwall for her romance. Cullen hew?

Of course, some people are just afraid of anything different to them and would like if they lived in a world full of people like them. It's both racist and xenophobic, I think.

And it doesn't make it okay just because it's optional and a mod.

Also, I just went on Twitter and immeditately closed the tab after seeing some victim-blaming again. A girl tweeted about that the dog is sick or something and people said she just wants attention. A huge debate ensued and some said she is the culprit since if she didn't put out the tweet nobody would have acted like an asshat towards her, obviously...

Some people...

Cunts. Cunts everywhere.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
That reminds me that I'm pretty sure I still have a hacked copy of Dead or Alive's Xtreeeeeeme Beach Volleyball somewhere.

I was young and horny, forgive me.

Chuckie

That reminds me that I'm pretty sure I still have a hacked copy of Dead or Alive's Xtreeeeeeme Beach Volleyball somewhere.

I was young and horny, forgive me.

Ah man that brings back memories. I remember Kasumi in DoA2.... trying to get all her nice outfits...see what effect the new outfit had on her marvelous boobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom