• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

legacyzero

Banned
The IMO is useless, the game is just fucking astounding graphically speaking. But it has its very underwhelming moments, I'm thinking of some textures in Dead City, particularly the snow...Eww.

CANT WAIT for Last Light!
In-game AA and most likely AO are the first settings I'm turning off without even checking. I'm sure those two alone eat 30 fps together.
I'm gonna try shutting off AO first. I gots to have my AA!

My 7970, apparently, should handle the game well, hopefully my CPU doesn't end up being my bottleneck. I really want it to last me 2 more years.

Game wasnt anywhere on my list, but now I'm interested a bit.

I have played JC2 but like most games, got drowned in backlog to care to go back. Mind you im on consoles.

I'm a sucker for the lush jungle setting though, but am afraid I'll get bored with the scope of it, as I tend to do with open world games. Didnt care for Red Dead, Just Cause 2 is on the backburner, and quite frankly the story is just OK, How great is the single player here?

I loved the crap out of games like San Andreas and GTA 3 and VC, but those games were a long time ago.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Unfortunately according to pcgameshardware.de there is only a 5fps difference between the SSAO and its heavier counterpart HBAO.

As usual MSAA is the real heavy hitter.

Yeah I saw the screens, I meant turn it off alltogether, if a single, extremely subtle, visual setting is eating as much as I suspect then it's off.

Fired in FC2 in anticipation for this. Tried twice before since it came out to get into it, and could just never do it. Not sure if it has anything to do with switching to 360 this time, rather than the ps3 the other two times, but I've been getting right into the atmosphere. Finished Absolution so figure I'll see how far I can get through this before Friday rolls around and I'll get a real good feel of the differences between FC2 & FC3 as a result.

SJRB

Gold Member
Fired in FC2 in anticipation for this. Tried twice before since it came out to get into it, and could just never do it. Not sure if it has anything to do with switching to 360 this time, rather than the ps3 the other two times, but I've been getting right into the atmosphere. Finished Absolution so figure I'll see how far I can get through this before Friday rolls around and I'll get a real good feel of the differences between FC2 & FC3 as a result.

The game is very enjoyable if you follow some simple strategies:

- stay off the main road
- switch for a new version of the weapon you are using everytime you encounter a weapons dealer
- do not trust on stealth or foliage breaking line of sight, assume every guard has wallhacks and eagle vision
- seriously, stay off the main road

sixghost

The game is very enjoyable if you follow some simple strategies:

- stay off the main road
- switch for a new version of the weapon you are using everytime you encounter a weapons dealer
- do not trust on stealth or foliage breaking line of sight, assume every guard has wallhacks and eagle vision
- seriously, stay off the main road
-Use the bolt action sniper rifle.

Derrick01

Banned

I tried to play Far Cry 2 on PS3 when they gave it away for free in February but I couldn't do it. The screen tearing is some of the worst I've ever seen in a game. 360 was much better in that regard.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Oh god...this guy has been trying to get the game run for the past 3 hours

http://www.twitch.tv/steven_bonnell_ii/new

mZYZm.jpg

lol

This sounds interesting, especially after the 10/10 from Eurogamer. I wonder if my 560Ti could handle it, though. The benchmarks seem to suggest otherwise.

Then again, it doesn't look like it's a lot more advanced than Crysis or Crysis Warhead. And my PC handles them just fine. Maybe it's just what I've seen of it so far, though. Maybe it's a lot more demanding than I thought.

Megasoum

Banned
There's a good chance the game's DRM means that it won't work until the release date unless your ip is whitelisted. So if he got a copy from a broken street date it's very possible it wouldn't work.

omonimo

Banned

omonimo

Banned
Just a thing, a bit OT: why the last games of ubi are so colorful? I don't like at all, they appears almost fluorescent; really weird choice.

Megasoum

Banned
Just a thing, a bit OT: why the last games of ubi are so colorful? I don't like at all, they appears almost fluorescent; really weird choice.

I would take FC3 vibrant colors and general color palette over any other of the 100 brown games we got this gen.

I played a bit of FC2 earlier, seems really drab and dull colour wise now when compared to FC3 which is really lush and vibrant. I would rather have something that is fun to look at than something striving for realism and not quite hitting it.

Megasoum

Banned
I'd be annoyed as well at the people constantly telling him to pirate it, but he does seem to be acting dickish to loads of people now.

The guy just automatically reject all theories that the viewers suggest. I agree that some of them are stupid but if I was trying to boot a game for that long I would try anything possible to see if it works.

And FYI, Black Ops 2 crashed on boot for users who had the game before it was released. It would crash unless you set your timezone to somewhere the game was released.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure this guy is having problems simply because uPlay DRM is blocking the game's executable since it isn't out yet.

Edit: yeah he is a dick to everyone in the chat. I don't like this guy.

KyleN

Banned
I'm pretty sure this guy is having problems simply because uPlay DRM is blocking the game's executable since it isn't out yet.

Edit: yeah he is a dick to everyone in the chat. I don't like this guy.

I dont think thats the problem. If i remember right, AC3 didnt have a DRM.

Pimpbaa

Because colorful is good. Go play the countless other games with lifeless desaturated palettes if you want that shit.

Megasoum

Banned
Lol...the guy has a bunch of yellow ! in his device manager... Yup, he should totally be a dick to people who are trying to help him.

Updating graphic cards drivers while live streaming. This should be interesting lol.

King_Moc

Banned
Sounds a lot better then the last one from the reviews, so i may get this.

Can anyone confirm if the enemies are still bullet sponges with awful ai that can somehow see through an entire jungle?

The guy just automatically reject all theories that the viewers suggest. I agree that some of them are stupid but if I was trying to boot a game for that long I would try anything possible to see if it works.

Yeah, I thought he was just complaining about the people saying to pirate it before but he ended up raging at pretty much everyone there just for trying to help.

Has anyone confirmed there is leaning in the console versions of the game?

Someone on a Far Cry 3 video has been telling me it is in.

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
Has anyone confirmed there is leaning in the console versions of the game?

Someone on a Far Cry 3 video has been telling me it is in.

Looks like leaning is in as part of the cover system on consoles. In this IGN Stream, you can see him show it off at about 2:13:20 or so.

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
THANK YOU! That must've been incredibly hard to remember the timestamp.

Haha, I was actually in the process of watching it and when they showed it I was like "!!! Someone just asked about this in the thread!"

Excited to give the cover system a go. Looks pretty good!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Haha, I was actually in the process of watching it and when they showed it I was like "!!! Someone just asked about this in the thread!"

Excited to give the cover system a go. Looks pretty good!

Fantastic, since granted people might have hated Medal of Honor Warfighter it used the same awesome free movement torso system MoH: Airborne had which worked great.

Hope its something similar in FC3

Top Bottom