• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Oh man, my 6850 is crying.

Though luckily(?) I'm somebody that barely even notices SSAO and tesselation and global illumination and anisotropic filtering and all that jazz, so maybe I'll find a way to get this running well for me without feeling too dialed back.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im buying the game just to mess with the editor.
Real talk.

eso76

The editor sounds incredible.
Then again fc2's was also impressive and I had so many ideas for it, but never had the time to work on anything.

Sethos

Banned
He's banned? That's a shame, I distinctly remember the time he said GTA IV was one of the best games this generation - Made me like him. He is right though, GTA IV is an excellent game and I'm so glad he agrees.

:p

On another note, I'm actually really excited about this game. Going into surgery Tuesday and I'm home again Wednesday, then I got 4 days to just play the hell out of it.

I doubt he was banned for his argument. If it was that thread, it was probably the unnecessarily condescending tone or the ladies' tees analog.

pbhawks45

Banned
The dude's a fixture in the Absolution thread dissecting how it sucks and he hasn't even played it, it's becoming self parody at this point.

Yup. I love the Hitman franchise, and Absolution is very much a different game than prior Hitman entries. But let me tell you, you still get spotted easily. There's still lots of creative ways to kill dudes. It's still a really fun game. Different, but I think it made the Hitman franchise accessible but kept a lot of the things that made Blood Money so great.

I just don't see how you can get so upset about one video game changing it's tone.

Ledsen

Hyperbolic reviews have me a bit worried. It smacks of starry-eyed reviewers going straight from climax to keyboard. Every game has flaws, usually big ones. Bring them up and let me judge if I care about them or not.

Sethos

Banned
Yup. I love the Hitman franchise, and Absolution is very much a different game than prior Hitman entries. But let me tell you, you still get spotted easily. There's still lots of creative ways to kill dudes. It's still a really fun game. Different, but I think it made the Hitman franchise accessible but kept a lot of the things that made Blood Money so great.

I just don't see how you can get so upset about one video game changing it's tone.

Okay let's not turn this into the Derrick hate thread and how everything he said was wrong.

Hyperbolic reviews have me a bit worried. It smacks of starry-eyed reviewers going straight from climax to keyboard. Every game has flaws, usually big ones. Bring them up and let me judge if I care about them or not.

The RPS article was the one that convinced me. I'm not expecting perfection but if the game lives up to half its potential and fixes the majority of the issues I had with Farcry 2, it'll be a worthwhile game to play.

Ledsen

I had Derrick blocked at one point because of something he said but later I unblocked him because of something else he said. I'd say that sums him up pretty well (RIP)

commissar

I suspect I'll both love and hate this game.

The sandboxy stuff, minute to minute gameplay looks (and sounds) fun.

But I can't shake how dumb those earlier story trailers seemed.
And that HUD...
Hopefully it's moddable :D

Salsa

Derrick's just making like a big effort to annoy as many people as possible lately. He said something among the lines of him drawing enjoyment out of it in the skyrim thread, so I guess that when you reach that point being banned is to be expected *shrug

FACE

Banned
The RPS article was the one that convinced me. I'm not expecting perfection but if the game lives up to half its potential and fixes the majority of the issues I had with Farcry 2, it'll be a worthwhile game to play.

RPS is the only gaming website I read nowadays, so that review definitely put me on the hyped(albeit cautiously so) wagon.

lockload

Got to play it at eurogamer expo loved it, played it twice once stealth and once guns blazing glad i could do both

Looking forward to punching a shark in the face

legacyzero

Banned
He's banned? That's a shame, I distinctly remember the time he said GTA IV was one of the best games this generation - Made me like him. He is right though, GTA IV is an excellent game and I'm so glad he agrees.

On another note, I'm actually really excited about this game. Going into surgery Tuesday and I'm home again Wednesday, then I got 4 days to just play the hell out of it.
Hope your surgery goes well. Wisdom teeth?

on, and I COMPLETELY disagree about GTA IV. SMH

The way I see it, there's too many positive for it to be complete hyperbole. Maybe he REALLY REALLY liked it. Either that, or he's got a lifetime supply of Dorritos and Mountain Dew now.

Awesome. That HUD is still ridiculously intrusive.

Will probably go console on this but out of interest how would the following do with this game...

2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz memory
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

I don't really know much about this stuff :/

beastmode

Far Cry 2 is sort of a basic prototype of what could be a very meaningful experience, instead this game focuses on fun. That saddens me.

ironcreed

Banned
Looking forward to punching a shark in the face

... And stabbing a croc in the head after being dragged under and taken into a death roll. Of course being chased by a pissed off pack of hissing komodo dragons will be fun as well, lol. We could go on, I'm sure. But one thing looks to be certain. The game looks like fun without this element, but the unscripted and unpredictable wildlife is going to make for some really memorable moments.

iNvid02

is there an opposite to derrick, someone who just likes everything.

i wanna meet that guy
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom