• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

I think my specs are somewhere between minimum and recommended: i3 3.2 GHz, ATI HD 5670 (512MB) and 8GB RAM. I'm hoping just to get a decent frame rate at 1080p on low/medium settings, reckon this is feasible?

Destiny gets so many viewers on his stream I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft sent him a copy early hoping that he'd play it. If not one of his viewers works at a game shop and hooked him up.

Dennis

Banned
Destiny gets so many viewers on his stream I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft sent him a copy early hoping that he'd play it. If not one of his viewers works at a game shop and hooked him up.

Send me an advance copy Ubi and I shall fraps like no one has ever frapsed before.

Ubi!

despire

No, console footage. PS3 controller at 2.50 min.

The PC version looks miles better than that, you can't be fooled.

Perhaps they are just using the controller since it's connected via USB.

Still I'd love the PS3-version to look that good.

legacyzero

Banned
Has anyone confirmed there is leaning in the console versions of the game?

Someone on a Far Cry 3 video has been telling me it is in.

igvtxv9DdOzzN.gif

I think this is actually part of the cover system in general.

EDIT:

Also, great multiplayer Firestorm footage and interview by the designer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1B2QCGB21s&feature=player_embedded

Fantastic, since granted people might have hated Medal of Honor Warfighter it used the same awesome free movement torso system MoH: Airborne had which worked great.

Hope its something similar in FC3
MOH: Airborne and MOH: Warfighter were average and below average games. The one thing they did right was their cover system. Glad to see FC3 is using a very similar system.

legacyzero

Banned
MOH: Airborne and MOH: Warfighter were average and below average games. The one thing they did right was their cover system. Glad to see FC3 is using a very similar system.
Agreed. It was a bit strange in Airbourne though, because you couldn't move while in cover and aiming down the sights.

Nice to see the cool death animations from the E3 footage was real, of enemies slipping and sliding as they're running and you're shooting them. Looks cinematic.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If you enjoy shooters with a bit of brain, buy it. If you are a fan of the RPG genre, buy it. If punching a shark sounds awesome, buy it. You know what, just buy it- it’s the best game of the year, if not the generation.

the good
Massive, beautiful experience; Fire mechanics; Unpredictable encounters; Animals; Atmosphere; Soundtrack; Guns;
RPG elements: Multiplayer, map editor

the bad
None

Score: 10/10

http://gamingbolt.com/far-cry-3-review

Salsa

been looking at the multiplayer lately and it actually seems like it could be fun

too bad that im assuming there's no server browser and we're stuck with shitty matchmaking on PC

legacyzero

Banned

There wasn't SOMETHING you didn't like about the game? Like ANYTHING??

EDIT: not even the lack of vehicles in Multiplayer?????

been looking at the multiplayer lately and it actually seems like it could be fun

too bad that im assuming there's no server browser and we're stuck with shitty matchmaking on PC
Anything to get me away from this horrible Black Ops 2 Runnin-and-gunning-hip-firing-nade-throwing irritation fest.

FACE

Banned
Yup any time a review says that it's instantly thrown in the shredder so to speak. I will not give anyone the time of day who says that and tries to claim to be a professional reviewer.

Almost as bad as "The problem with gears 2 is that it is almost too good."

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What if he really couldn't find a thing he didn't liked?

ironcreed

Banned
What if he really couldn't find a thing he didn't liked?

Well, when weighed with the majority of reviews it is obvious that it's being received as an extremely strong game pretty much across the board. It's not like this is the only gushing review, in which case, I can't just completely write it off because he did not have any bones to pick. I am inclined to believe that it just has so much good going for it, that some simply chose to overlook any minor niggles that may indeed be there.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yup any time a review says that it's instantly thrown in the shredder so to speak. I will not give anyone the time of day who says that and tries to claim to be a professional reviewer.

I agree, and I'm someone who has done a 180 on this game and gone from really not liking it to reading/seeing things that propelled this game to the top of my most wanted list. I want proper reviews that bring up the flaws of a game, I'm tired ( see : extremely bored ) of reviews pulling my leg tossing out 9's and 10's like candy and myself invariably ending up noticing flaws and pitfalls in those games that could've and should've been mentioned in any kind of review. This year has had so many of them that it's not even funny.

Derrick01

Banned
I agree, and I'm someone who has done a 180 on this game and gone from really not liking it to reading/seeing things that propelled this game to the top of my most wanted list. I want proper reviews that bring up the flaws of a game, I'm tired ( see : extremely bored ) of reviews pulling my leg tossing out 9's and 10's like candy and myself invariably ending up noticing flaws and pitfalls in those games that could've and should've been mentioned in any kind of review. This year has had so many of them that it's not even funny.

Yeah I'm more positive than negative on the game too right now but what is the point of glorified paid off PR reviews? I can find a big negative in every game ever made with relative ease. Reviewers who can't do that are not worth being called reviewers, they're just basically writing their resume for their future job in PR at one of these companies.

DrFurbs

I need to know if my pc can run this game adequately. I like high resolutions but i dont really mind if my games have AA or Vsync etc. So long as it runs and looks nice.

What kind of resolution etc could my ageing ring manage for this game? I can run starcraft at full hd on ultra...(stupid comparison sorry)

ATI Radeon HD 4850
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (3.ghz) E6850
4096 MB

legacyzero

Banned
I need to know if my pc can run this game adequately. I like high resolutions but i dont really mind if my games have AA or Vsync etc. So long as it runs and looks nice.

What kind of resolution etc could my ageing ring manage for this game? I can run starcraft at full hd on ultra...(stupid comparison sorry)

ATI Radeon HD 4850
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (3.ghz) E6850
4096 MB

Somewhere between minimum and recommended I believe.

Top Bottom