• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

legacyzero

Banned
Sy wut? Well that's a waste of feature.

Ubisoft aren't the brightest crayons in the Crayola box when it comes to stuff like this. See Spy Versus Merc redacted from Splinter Cell Conviction. Or Predator Mode removed from both FC2 AND FC3.

ironcreed

Banned
YESSSS!! That's exactly what I wanted! DAT SELECTION!

Added to the OP under the Map Editor section.

Impressive variety indeed. The possibilities are pretty much endless as far as making maps to screw around in go. That is on top of an already huge game by itself. I'm afraid nothing else will get played once I start this. At least not for quite awhile.

legacyzero

Banned
Impressive variety indeed. The possibilities are pretty much endless as far as making maps to screw around in go. That is on top of an already huge game by itself. I'm afraid nothing else will get played once I start this. At least not for quite awhile.

I was purposely holding off doing my Groznyj Grad Map in Far Cry 2 mainly because the lack of lighting. The custom lighting solutions alone will have me cranking that badboy out hopefully in the first two weeks. I have the MGS HD collection on the Vita as well, so I'll have a great reference too!

I even downloaded the map so I could use that.

iEcxxKTcGTUjP.png

I was purposely holding off doing my Groznyj Grad Map in Far Cry 2 mainly because the lack of lighting. The customer lighting solutions alone will have me cranking that badboy out hopefully in the first two weeks. I have the MGS HD collection on the Vita as well, so I'll have a great reference too!

iEcxxKTcGTUjP.png

Where is that map from?

Definity

Get me a seat on the hype train. Finally had a chance to read some reviews and watch some videos. Everything looks great.

I'm assuming this has controller support on the PC version?

legacyzero

Banned
Well yeah that's like my favorite game ever, but that map specifically... I want some more MGS maps like that

I actually only found that on Google, so I dont know specifically.

I might actually tackle Shell one from MGS2, only, that one may not play as well as Groznyj Grad.

Get me a seat on the hype train. Finally had a chance to read some reviews and watch some videos. Everything looks great.

I'm assuming this has controller support on the PC version?

Sure does :)

ironcreed

Banned
I was purposely holding off doing my Groznyj Grad Map in Far Cry 2 mainly because the lack of lighting. The customer lighting solutions alone will have me cranking that badboy out hopefully in the first two weeks. I have the MGS HD collection on the Vita as well, so I'll have a great reference too!

iEcxxKTcGTUjP.png

Now that's a man with a plan. I'll probably never do anything that elaborate, but will have fun goofing off all the same. That will no doubt be awesome.

The map editor does sound awesome, but am I reading correctly that there is no way to to share maps that have AI and vehicles with friends, even for them to play offline? What a huge missed opportunity if that's the case.

legacyzero

Banned
The map editor does sound awesome, but am I reading correctly that there is no way to to share maps that have AI and vehicles with friends, even for them to play offline? What a huge missed opportunity if that's the case.
There's a lot of missed opportunity in this game. Imagine using the Wingsuit in Multiplayer!

Rikyfree

I wouldn't doubt that that could be added in with a patch.

d1rtn4p

After listening to the latest RebelFM podcast, I'm disappointed to hear that a lot of the things that made Far Cry 2 "realistic", were removed. I thought that gun jamming added a lot of awesome oh crap moments. I am a huge fan of FC2 however; the fact that it was such an unforgiving game really made it feel like I was stranded in a wasteland.

I wonder if you can download maps from other people, then put in your own AI enemies. That wouldn't be so bad.

There were a lot of cool maps for FC2, but they were worthless to me other than for walking around and sightseeing, since I didn't play the MP.

After listening to the latest RebelFM podcast, I'm disappointed to hear that a lot of the things that made Far Cry 2 "realistic", were removed. I thought that gun jamming added a lot of awesome oh crap moments. I am a huge fan of FC2 however; the fact that it was such an unforgiving game really made it feel like I was stranded in a wasteland.

i agree
loved it when guns would jam. Who would have thought something like that could be so awesome

legacyzero

Banned
Any word on the extent of console tearing? Was there an issue with capturing?

I'm gathering that there will be tearing for both console version. Unless EVERYbody is having capture issues.

At least all the console footage I've seen has had some rippage.

Megasoum

Banned
First time I see that video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkLYVCbjuzQ

A mission walkthrough for the Gamestop exclusive bonus mission. So, spoiler for that I guess but it looks like a minor sidequest anyway.

On a sidenote, retail exclusive bonuses that are (afaik anyway) impossible to get on PC REALLY sucks. Fuck that shit.

The video is awesome and it includes the grenade takedown we saw in the trailer the other day (backstab a dude, pull the pin on one of his grenades and kick him down a cliff lol).

Edit: Oh wait... it's actually a mission from the "Monkey business pack" that is included in the deluxe edition of the PC version. Ok, it's not as bad lol...

Grassy

Ahhh fuck it's out THIS week? I didn't even realise...I'm going away for work for a week, bugger.

Oh well hopefully there will be a no-HUD mod out by the time I get to play it, and I'm very interested to see how the 6970 performs with this game too.

I'm looking forward to everyone's opinions here after all the great scores this game has been receiving anyway.

Ahhh fuck it's out THIS week? I didn't even realise...I'm going away for work for a week, bugger.

Oh well hopefully there will be a no-HUD mod out by the time I get to play it, and I'm very interested to see how the 6970 performs with this game too.

I'm looking forward to everyone's opinions here after all the great scores this game has been receiving anyway.
It's out this week in Europe and next Tuesday in America if that matters.

Salsa

out on the 4th in south america as well

the one time when Europe gets it first they dont give us the European release date

cacophony

Still on the fence about this, it looks amazing but at the same time it a lot of the SP non-campaign stuff seems repetitive as hell like all of Ubi's other games.

Is there any word on how long the main campaign is?

Top Bottom