• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

ElyrionX

Just found out this releases in Asia on Thursday. Awesome. One of the rare times we get it earlier than everyone else.

Also, does anybody have any infornation on the skill trees? This didn't seem to have received much attention. Is it possible to max all trees?

you can share multiplayer maps, but not if you put AI enemies/wildlife on them.

That sounds like they've done it the wrong way round. I'm ure I'm not alone in being far more interested in the single player maps people will be creating than the multiplayer maps, which could have hours and hours put into their creation, and be played by nobody unless matches are organised properly

Also, with regards to the items which temporarily boost your abilities: Does anybody else find themselves never using these items unless absolutely necessary? Even in Demon's Souls I never used temporary stat-boosts

jasonavatar1lurn.jpg

Simon Viklund, is that you?

SJRB

Gold Member
I pre-ordered on GMG, could someone give me the rundown on how this is going down? Can I punch in the code they are going to send me into Steam or do I have to download some kind of uPlay client?

And if so, does the uPlay client also feature pre-loading?

NBtoaster

I pre-ordered on GMG, could someone give me the rundown on how this is going down? Can I punch in the code they are going to send me into Steam or do I have to download some kind of uPlay client?

And if so, does the uPlay client also feature pre-loading?

On the page on GMG, does it say a Steam account is required? That's usually there if it's a Steam code.

derFeef

Since it's not a Steamworks title, you will have to use the GMG client to run it (and the key is not usable in steam)

Being is this is not available on Steam in the UK, if I was able to persuade a US-gaffer to sell me a key would I be able to activate it without using a VPN?

web01

Whats stopping people on PC sharing maps with AI? Unless they are locked to the player save / hidden within it which would be one of the biggest dick moves of all time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fucking steam. I could get the game today from my local store.

Fuck!

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
i was so pumped for this................
until i saw the benchmarks

i72600k-stock speed

GTX 580-stock speed

8GB ram@1600-stock speed

W7

Feature

Banned
I wish you could just blow the weapons dealer's brain out and just take all the guns (with her family / guards coming after you ofcourse).

Hmm after watching the island-crossing video I wonder something... are there only enemies out in the wild or also some normal NPCs that drive around and such?

Oh man, my 6850 is crying.

Though luckily(?) I'm somebody that barely even notices SSAO and tesselation and global illumination and anisotropic filtering and all that jazz, so maybe I'll find a way to get this running well for me without feeling too dialed back.

Oh whoa who would have thought that there are more persons like me and funnily enough I have a 6850 too :)

I mean I do notice all these effects like SSAO and tessellation and such but I only do when I actually stand still and actively look for them :/ Though when I play a game normally I'm unable to spot them so I usually always turn off SSAO, AA, motion-blur, tessellation and other effects. A good example for this would be Skyrim too, when I helped a friend of mine mess with ENBs and such I asked him "do we still have this DoF enabled? o.o" after watching him play for a while and it was only when he stood still for a moment that I saw it again...

I guess this is also why my 6850 still holds-up as good as it does for me :p

Linius

Hmm after watching the island-crossing video I wonder something... are there only enemies out in the wild or also some normal NPCs that drive around and such?

I think the jeep he passed along the way were normal people. At least they didn't shoot at him.

I think the jeep he passed along the way were normal people. At least they didn't shoot at him.

Oh yeah you are right I missed this one! And that makes the game feel even better for me since I was never a fan of the "The whole world is going to get you!" mentality when at other places normal people are around unless it is justified with a games story.

Linius

Oh yeah you are right I missed this one! And that makes the game feel even better for me since I was never a fan of the "The whole world is going to get you!" mentality when at other places normal people are around unless it is justified with a games story.

Well I do hope you come across more people than just one jeep in a ten minute drive. Or maybe most common villagers stay in their villages and you can find them there?

Well I do hope you come across more people than just one jeep in a ten minute drive. Or maybe most common villagers stay in their villages and you can find them there?

Hmm you have a point there yeah :/ One jeep in ten minutes would be rather lackluster that's true... but I hope you are right, I mean it makes sense that people stick to villages in a dangerous jungle world and it seems like a more hostile place than lets say Just Cause 2.

Feature

Banned
I'm glad we have fast travel. What a long drive :p

Is there a vehicle list for this game? I've seen some old cars and now this buggy so far.

That looks like an actual fun drive. In far drive 2 the cars were slow as hell and it was super boring to drive.

Seanspeed

Banned
That looks like an actual fun drive. In far drive 2 the cars were slow as hell and it was super boring to drive.

They all had the same, low top speed.

Its not a crucial area for me, but it'd be really nice if they made the driving more enjoyable. Haven't watched the video cuz I dont want to spoil some of the exploration stuff, but I hope you're right about it looking fun.

Top Bottom