• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

That's exactly the thing. Nothing needed to be sacrificed. They could've fixed those two things you hated, and then iterated and improved on the rest of the game. What me and others are disappointed in (bear in mind, based on what FC3 SEEMS to be like, since we haven't played it) is that while they seem to have improved upon many mechanics from FC2, they took out a lot of stuff that could've been made better instead of completely removed, and added tons of features that seem counter to the type of game FC2 tried to be (a harsh, spartan, highly atmospheric systems-based open world shooter).
I absolutely agree. Sadly we can't have it both ways. If they felt compelled to take things out at a bare minimum I wish they would have kept the map/gps/compass system the same from FC2. I loved that.
Well, that's been my opinion... Does he hate fun, too?

There are plenty of creative solutions to Far Cry 2's issues (like mission objectives being closer instead of implementing fast travel) that don't make the game worse. Don't forget these poor changes extend further than what was complained about and in some cases could have been made optional.You're exaggerating. I snuck past 10s of guards to complete a mission objective in broad daylight. Stick behind solid cover and crouch.

I might have overexaggerated a bit, but not by much.

Eideka

Banned
Yeah, I know. I meant that to say I hope the DX9 to DX11 cost isn't all that big.

Do you really expect the benchmarks we saw to turn out fake ?

As worrying as it might sound I think they are to be believed. We can still hope for Nvidia drivers to smooth things out though.

Linius

i wonder how far you can get with the bow in this, might try a bow stealth run as long as possible.

maybe a knife for the animals that surprise attack you

I'm going for stealth too. But I guess I will use a sniper to help me with that. Bow for close range and knife for a man to man fight. Hope the game lets you go with this very early in the game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dammit I think I've figured out what crocodile hiding spots look like already.

Haha yeah, those animals are so surprise butt sex thingys.

Damn, that was awesome. He freed the tiger let it kill both guards and snipered the others with the bow.

This game man, THIS GAME!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Well... I've gone from 100% anti-hype and dismissive of fc3 to...

LtOnu.png

bitoriginal

Well... I've gone from 100% anti-hype and dismissive of fc3 to...

LtOnu.png

It's true. I wasn't even bothered about this release but after reading impressions, reviews and watching the various videos out there, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this.

For what it's worth I don't blame y'all for wanting to wait on Steam UK. The entire uPlay platform doesn't feel very well thought out or built to last. Whole thing smells similar to what happened with Saints Row 3 and the Sims 3.

For what it's worth I don't blame y'all for wanting to wait on Steam UK. The entire uPlay platform doesn't feel very well thought out or built to last. Whole thing smells similar to what happened with Saints Row 3 and the Sims 3.

Fact is I have most of my games on Steam, and Origin. Two accounts is fine, maybe a third similar account eventually. I don't want to bother with a Uplay account when I know it's not exclusive or really needed given it is on Steam everywhere else, and GAME or whoever it is are being arseholes over its release on Steam here.

iavi

Do you really expect the benchmarks we saw to turn out fake ?

As worrying as it might sound I think they are to be believed. We can still hope for Nvidia drivers to smooth things out though.

Nah, not fake, they had a video and everything, but much improved with the games patch, and hopeful driver optimization.

iNvid02

all ubi games go through uplay. if you buy on steam clicking play will only launch the uplay app where you click play again in uplay, there is a way around this hoostrax mentioned but i forget

SJRB

Gold Member
all ubi games go through uplay. if you buy on steam clicking play will only launch the uplay app where you click play again in uplay, there is a way around this hoostrax mentioned but i forget

True, annoyed the hell out of me when playing Splinter Cell.

So user-unfriendly.

iNvid02

my pre-order doesn't even show anywhere...wtf?

happened to me before, they said it'll show when its ready to download.

True, annoyed the hell out of me when playing Splinter Cell.

So user-unfriendly.

its good for people who buy retail/dd, but for steam users its pointless since steam already does everything itself and its another window to go through.

And what about Uplay? Can I buy a friend in the UK a German retail version and then pass her the key so she can download it through Uplay?

no there is no cd key redemption in uplay (once again, LOL). you gotta install the game first, activate it, and then its linked to your uplay account allowing for download again in the future.

only way i see it working in your situation is if you install the game on your PC and activate it using her uplay account. then its linked to her account and she should be able to download from her pc

ironcreed

Banned
Hope we get some meaty add-ons for this. Something with zombies would be neat, but dinosaurs would be even better due to the setting. I could totally see some Turok-like shit going down on the Rook Islands.

Karram

Cancelled my regular edition pre-order I made back in July for $32, and pre-ordered the deluxe edition for $42. Green Man Gaming is awesome.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

Good to know, that means uPlay does not region lock out releases once you have a key.

Now, all I need to do is get the damn game downloaded to me with a valid key in the US and I can play.

Do countries in the EU other than the UK have the game available on Steam, or is Steam only offering it in the US?

What the fuck. I just noticed that whenever I kill an animal and leave it there for a couple of seconds, vultures will swoop down and start eating on the corpse. Awesome.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Cancelled my regular edition pre-order I made back in July for $32, and pre-ordered the deluxe edition for $42. Green Man Gaming is awesome.

Just burns me that Ubi isn't letting GMG offer this price to people in North America. Jerks.

ironcreed

Banned
What the fuck. I just noticed that whenever I kill an animal and leave it there for a couple of seconds, vultures will swoop down and start eating on the corpse. Awesome.

Dat attention to detail in the little things. Stuff like this adds up to make a great whole.

no there is no cd key redemption in uplay (once again, LOL). you gotta install the game first, activate it, and then its linked to your uplay account allowing for download again in the future.

only way i see it working in your situation is if you install the game on your PC and activate it using her uplay account. then its linked to her account and she should be able to download from her pc

Well that should be doable aslong as Uplay doesn't mind that I will uninstall the game afterwards and reinstall it for my own copy.

Thanks for all the help iNvid, you really are great with support and such :)

But if you kill the vultures, do more vultures show up to eat the vultures, so you can kill the vultures?

As far as I can tell, and I know this entire post was made out of sarcasm, there are a set of animals in each territory. For example; 4 tapirs, 1 tiger, 3 vultures and 1 crocodile near the riverbank.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Wait...we don't get the Steam version in the UK? What the fuck

Brick and Mortar conflict with Valve. Of course.

I love watching B&M temper tantrum in their death throes. Can't wait until that plague of the industry is finally gone for good.

As far as I can tell, and I know this entire post was made out of sarcasm, there are a set of animals in each territory. For example; 4 tapirs, 1 tiger, 3 vultures and 1 crocodile near the riverbank.

Damn, only 1 crocodile, this game needs mods badly. Hardcore permadeath mod with vultureception and infinite crocodiles.

Top Bottom