• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Yeah preload's not meant for the US who's getting the game next week
It's out here in Canada next week, but the preload is working for me.

GSUbH.jpg

Ledsen

Just saw in the TotalBiscuit video that there is no recoil, even when firing an LMG. I hate that. Makes guns feel like toys, CoD style.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
You guys in the US have to go through what we Europeans do on a monthly basis when it comes to digital releases. Early pre-loads, waiting for ever to play them. It sucks. It really sucks.

Or you can use a VPN and unlock the game early, you just need to make sure Steam is in offline mode afterwards.

Rikyfree

Was on the phone with my mom planning out the holidays and checking in in general and she told me not to buy this game. Subtle like a brick to the head.

So, I just watching TotalBiscuit's 40 minute video on this game... hype levels through the room roof. It's going to be fun as hell exploring that huge ass island. Any estimates on the square miles?

Played the first hour or so last night on 360 and its just stunning. Was never particularly excited about Far Cry before but the reviews made it impossible to ignore.

The opening sequence is fantastic and I've enjoyed the gun play so far. Even things like Crafting and Skill Trees seem accessible to somebody that normally hates that sort of thing

Atruvius

Don't forget if you grab it off greenmangaming you have to use their capsule client to download and run it. One thing that puts me off. Where as presumably if you get it elsewhere you can install it and then launch via Steam after adding it as a custom shortcut.

I have done this with a lot of my non-Steam games... works nicely as a launcher =0) Especially when in big-picture mode with a 360 controller!

That settles it then. I'll wait for sale on Steam.

I've got 15 hours to determine what console version has the better framerate otherwise i'll be buying blind, open world multiplats nearly always run better on 360 don't they? The 14 minute ps3 video had pretty bad framerate drops.

Linch

Neo Member
So still no word on this coming to STEAM in UK? Odd that AC3 disappeared too. Not on GMG and not a STEAMWORKS game either? Might have to wait this one out to appear on STEAM.

Out of curiosity, how do you think this game will run on my PC?

Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
4GB DDR2 1066mhz RAM
AMD ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB

Thanks guys.

This game is huge, just huge. I actually have to force myself for driving within certain sections because the majority of the time I am just traversing through the jungle and finding all kinds of different things, encounter certain scenarios and just having a lot of fun with the animal hunting.

Borderlands 2 is still GOTY in my book because of the fact that I am just in love with that entire franchise, but Far Cry 3 sure comes in a very close second and everything else is miles away from it. Not Mass Effect 3, Halo 4, Black Ops 2, Resident Evil 6, Dishonered or Max Payne 3.

This is the title that struck me with its brilliance the first hour.

omonimo

Banned
I've got 15 hours to determine what console version has the better framerate otherwise i'll be buying blind, open world multiplats nearly always run better on 360 don't they? The 14 minute ps3 video had pretty bad framerate drops.

Honestly I don't think fps will be that better on 360 but I could wrong. Probably will lead in some point, but I'm not expect huge difference, game seems suffer on both.

Top Bottom