• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

SJRB

Gold Member
Gamestar says "HDAO" is the best (it's the most natural one) but it's really hardware hungry. If you can't use that, use "SSAO".

"Alpha to Coverage" you can turn that off, it's pretty much useless.

Thanks, but I guess I'll go out and snag a PS3 copy tomorrow. I can't enjoy this game at the moment, I'm constantly messing with the settings, it just doesn't feel right. fps is off or something, I don't know. It's bugging me and keeps me from actually having fun and playing the game.

O and by the way, a komodo in the shrubs is like the fucking velociraptor scene with Muldoon from Jurassic Park, holy hell. Scared the hell out of me. Rook Islands is a dangerous place.

.nimrod

I just startet playing and i already stole a boat, ran a quadbike of a huge cliff and got killed by a group of 5 komodo dragons.

I love it.

Kreunt

Banned
checking out the game before i have to go to work
with 2x 6950's im getting about 30fps on max settings dx11 @ 2560x1440

omonimo

Banned
Thanks, but I guess I'll go out and snag a PS3 copy tomorrow. I can't enjoy this game at the moment, I'm constantly messing with the settings, it just doesn't feel right. fps is off or something, I don't know. It's bugging me and keeps me from actually having fun and playing the game.

O and by the way, a komodo in the shrubs is like the fucking velociraptor scene with Muldoon from Jurassic Park, holy hell. Scared the hell out of me. Rook Islands is a dangerous place.

Honestly I suggest to avoid console version if you have a good pc. I have seen some walkthrough on youtube & it's a tearing fest furthermore fps not seems so smooth. I suspect you will go to better in worse.

iBuzz7S

Banned
Can you shoot anyone in the game and steal their stuff? Friendlies too?
I think I shot a friendly. Pretty sure I did and nothing happened. You are to loot from just about anyone YOU kill, but not from people who are already dead.

The first 10 minutes are so fucking good, the antagonist is brilliant.
"I like this phone, this is a nice f****** phone." :p

Fuck, I'm not a fan of shooters. The last 2 I've played were Halo 3 and Halo Reach.

But something about this game... it really looks fantastic.
You won't regret it. I disliked Just Cause with a passion and this is kinda similar to it and I'm lovin' it.

Man why did the US get left behind on this. Tuesday is forever from now!
Now you know how we AU/EU gamers feel. ;p

Do you guys know the size of the install on the X360?
Install size is 5.2 GB + the update which is 7 MB.

How does saving work on the console versions?
Go to the menu and save. Simple as that.

You can only save when you've killed a shark. Shark kills work as player-activated checkpoints.
There is more than one way to save, not just shark kills.

The survival guide in the insane edition is suprisingly meaty.
Mmhmm. At first I thought someone bent it on purpose, then realised it was supposed to be like that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
stolen from the high-res pc pics thread.

il5AplBl0ZYHr.png

ilZMJmuwMxL86.png

Eideka

Banned
Beautiful, just beautiful.
Fuck, I have to wait until December 3rd to play this game. :(
I ordered from Amazon.uk, my copy will be shipped on release day.

Sethos

Banned
Almost want to fire up Dxtory and record something when the game unlocks but I suppose there's not much I can show at the beginning of the game that hasn't been shown a million times over.

Based on this table do you think that a 560ti can pull off highest settings at 1680*1050? Keeping in mind that I will get this game around Christmas so there is plenty of time for a driver update and/or patch.
Where would an i7 920 fall into that CPU listing?
Comparable performance to i5 2400 probably.

Did the VPN bypass and started playing, game is a total blast very much delivering on everything FC2 missed on, my only real complaint lies with UI related shit, too much clicking and TOO MANY FUCKING THINGS BOUNCING UP AND DOWN LOOKING FOR FUCKING ATTENTION ON MY GODDAMN SCREEN.

Game needs a day 1 patch to offer full control over UI elements and prompts, it's fucking ridiculous and breaks what is an otherwise great sense of immersion.

Did the VPN bypass and started playing, game is a total blast very much delivering on everything FC2 missed on, my only real complaint lies with UI related shit, too much clicking and TOO MANY FUCKING THINGS BOUNCING UP AND DOWN LOOKING FOR FUCKING ATTENTION ON MY GODDAMN SCREEN.

Game needs a day 1 patch to off full control over UI elements and prompts, it's fucking ridiculous and breaks what is an otherwise great sense of immersion.

Did you use the VPN from a page back? I think I'm gonna do that when I get home if that's what you did.

Edit: Also, we need the MickeyKnox super impressions, being a Crysis 1 super mega best ultra friend fan and all.

Megasoum

Banned
Did you use the VPN from a page back? I think I'm gonna do that when I get home if that's what you did.

Edit: Also, we need the MickeyKnox super impressions, being a Crysis 1 super mega best ultra friend fan and all.

I'm doing it right now... Worked fine so far. A tip though, install and update the uPlay software first. Updating it through the slow VPN connection sucks.

JambiBum

I'm doing it right now... Worked fine so far. A tip though, install and update the uPlay software first. Updating it through the slow VPN connection sucks.

Did you buy it through the ubi store or steam? I can't seem to get it to work through the store. It's not in my list of games on the actual uplay app.

Enco

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Did you buy it through the ubi store or steam? I can't seem to get it to work through the store. It's not in my list of games on the actual uplay app.

Even if you buy it through Steam it won't show up on the Uplay app. You have to run the game through Steam every time, then Steam tells the Uplay app that the game is installed.

It's pretty ridiculous.

Senaxx

Banned
Hmm i did hold off the buy until I saw some benchmarks coming along. But it seems that my rig should run this fine on 1920x1200

i5 2500k @ 3.3Ghz
GTX 670 Power edition @ 110% (1019MHz Core (Boost Clock:1079MHz) 2048MB GDDR5 6008MHz Memory)

Now where to pick it up :)

Is there an interior crocodile alligator that drives a Chevrolet movie theater in this game? I was told they had one in as an easter egg.

Yeah, pre-loaded the game then logged off steam, activated the Ausie VPN, started steam back up had it finish the install, copied the game key, went offline mode for steam, closed the VPN, hit play, it launched uPlay and asked for the key, once it was entered the game launched no problem.

Quick impressions so far is that it's awesome, I'll post more when I get back from work.

Senaxx

Banned
GreenManGaming has a deal for 30% off with code GMG30-0S3NJ-32J92, making it €35 euro. Only you need uPlay sadly enough. Steam is €49,99 and will unlock in 2 hours.

Top Bottom