• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Far Cry 3 Patch Will Let Us Remove Annoying Pop-Up

Based on feedback from both press and fans, the Far Cry 3 production team is working on a patch that will allow you to toggle most HUD/UI elements based on player preference. The patch will also avoid issues encountered in the .dll hack that might create a mission walkthrough break (missing QTE prompts, critical information, etc;). The team is excited about how the Far Cry 3 community and fans of the game are enjoying themselves, and finding new ways to experience the Rook Islands. More news will be coming on the patch shortly…

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So this fight with
trippy ghost Vaas
is fucking retarded.

I have died more on this section than the rest of the game combined. Good job whoever designed this. It is just soooo much fun.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this piece of shit game. I just spent like 30 minutes hunting some goats and killing a few boars to craft myself a new weapon holster and a quiver and I was almost on my way to crafting a bigger rucksack. Then I spent another 10 minutes carefully allotting my skill points. Ready to roll, felt like I made some great progress. Then I get bit by a Komodo dragon and have to shoot it quickly, alerting some nearby enemies. I didn't survive the encounter. GREAT amazing fun right? All randomly occurring and super intense. BUT IT DIDN'T FUCKING SAVE MY CRAFTED ITEMS AND SKILL POINT ALLOTMENTS! What in the ungodly fuck? How could this game not save that progression? Inexcusable. Looks like I'm not playing anymore of this today. How could they release this game in this state? :|

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
you have to save crafting and exploration stuff yourself. you could have saved during the fight, right before you were killed.

happened to me too in the beginning. sucks. but now you know.

Fuck this piece of shit game. I just spent like 30 minutes hunting some goats and killing a few boars to craft myself a new weapon holster and a quiver and I was almost on my way to crafting a bigger rucksack. Then I spent another 10 minutes carefully allotting my skill points. Ready to roll, felt like I made some great progress. Then I get bit by a Komodo dragon and have to shoot it quickly, alerting some nearby enemies. I didn't survive the encounter. GREAT amazing fun right? All randomly occurring and super intense. BUT IT DIDN'T FUCKING SAVE MY CRAFTED ITEMS AND SKILL POINT ALLOTMENTS! What in the ungodly fuck? How could this game not save that progression? Inexcusable. Looks like I'm not playing anymore of this today. How could they release this game in this state? :|
If you are making some great progress, start and save. Sorry you lost your stuff though :(

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I just stabbed a dragon in the face. There should be a boot stomp animation for maximum brutality.

The game should probably autosave every time you exit the menu. At least there's a manual save option that's right in the menu, I just hit it every time I finish making items or setting skills.

I just stabbed a dragon in the face. There should be a boot stomp animation for maximum brutality.

i love that you were giving up the game for today due to previous circumstances..then just had to go back and enact an extinction agenda of the Komodo dragon species. good stuff.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I was stalking a goat quietly because the enemy camp was nearby and a dragon scurried out of the brush killed it and then disappeared. lol. It was like a raptor or something, then I looted the goat and remade my weapon holster. Who am I kidding, this game is great.

Far Cry 3 Patch Will Let Us Remove Annoying Pop-Up
Based on feedback from both press and fans, the Far Cry 3 production team is working on a patch that will allow you to toggle most HUD/UI elements based on player preference. The patch will also avoid issues encountered in the .dll hack that might create a mission walkthrough break (missing QTE prompts, critical information, etc;). The team is excited about how the Far Cry 3 community and fans of the game are enjoying themselves, and finding new ways to experience the Rook Islands. More news will be coming on the patch shortly…

YES!

Heh, some friendly natives rolled up and blasted my Wanted: Dead target, along with all his homies. Oh well.

I've had this happen, and it was awesome. Wish there was a First Person Fist-bump to congrats my warrior bros.

Fonz72

Yea, a very similar thing happend to me...........three times. Only lost stuff the first time, the next two deaths came too quick to actually do anything. First time got bitten by a shark, second time a tiger, and then I fell off a damn mountain. All within 3 or 4 minutes. I was VERY pissed...........and then I started saving like a mad man. Still breaks the immersion though.

Double D

Where can I find Boars? I'm 5 hours in and I'm still rocking the first ammo pouch.

Just progress the story some more and hit up the radio towers along the way. You'll eventually find boar country.

Also if I could recommend you kind of push the story along until you meet Citra, your fun will increase greatly because meeting her coincides with more skills being available. Then go ahead and fuck around for a while.

Oh, great - so I'm trying to get the last 8 relics and am looking for info to see whether the one near Gaz Town is really only accessible via glider, as I've died about a dozen times trying to get it so far, and it turns out that it is. However, I also read that there's a special relic not shown on the map in
the cave under the Dr. Ernhardt's mansion
and that you have to get it before you go to the second island, otherwise you can't get it at all. I fucking hate shit like that in games, and it's a good reason of why I find myself so obsessive compulsive with collecting stuff and doing everything in an area as soon as I can, so I don't miss out because of some dumb restriction preventing me returning to that area.

How are the pre-order DLCs? I hate pre-order content. Has there been any mention that they will be sold as DLC later on?

I hope so, but by that time I probably will be done with the game - I wish companies would release pre-order content as paid DLC on day 1. The pre-order bonus should be that you're getting that content for free, not that it's only exclusively available at a single retailer for a few months.

I got the Lost Expedition DLC, and while both missions were pretty cool, there was zero explanation or storyline to them and they felt entirely random. Also got the predator DLC pack, which just added a bow skin and 'rare' skins for a few of the predators in the game. Meh.

Pretty much this.

The outposts are the absolute highlight of this game. If there were some tweaks to the AI (namely increasing the time value that dictates their various states of alarm) and making the outposts vary greatly in size, this would basically be the proper sequel to Crysis.

Exactly. On my second playthrough, I've completed the story and now, I can look forward to doing all the outposts with everything that I wanted unlocked. I think I did a total of 3 outpost on my second playthrough.

So tonight, it's gonna be all chaos.

I hope so, but by that time I probably will be done with the game - I wish companies would release pre-order content as paid DLC on day 1. The pre-order bonus should be that you're getting that content for free, not that it's only exclusively available at a single retailer for a few months.

I got the Lost Expedition DLC, and while both missions were pretty cool, there was zero explanation or storyline to them and they felt entirely random. Also got the predator DLC pack, which just added a bow skin and 'rare' skins for a few of the predators in the game. Meh.

Okay. Thanks for the info. I guess the pre-order bonuses are just a nice distraction and not really important than based on your description and won't miss much without them.

And yeah, I agree they should be day 1 DLC and rewards only for those who pre-ordered.

cametall

Heh, some friendly natives rolled up and blasted my Wanted: Dead target, along with all his homies. Oh well.

That's funny, because I had some friendly natives roll up to get blasted by my Wanted: Dead target.

Learn those bastards gud! Teach them for trying to take my mission from me.

During the ensuing gun fight I snuck up on all 5 enemies and knifed each one.

i was fighting a bunch of komodo dragons with some friendlies, after the battle was over, they were just chilling, an old couple in a boot leg geo metro come by and one of them says "there you are, you can't hide from me" and guns down the wife as they run between two houses, the husband eventually stops running and is frozen scared and these guys give chase, i was thinking they accidentily killed the wife while aiming at an unseen komodo dragon..they all shot the husband dead..i want to understand how and why the AI did this..

Raptomex

Does each gun get an
extended magazine mod
(spoilers to be safe)? It seems you can easily run out of ammo in the beginning.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The opening was... interesting. Like the crazy bad dude but that tattoo doctor is bit of an arsebasket.

It's weird, "skinning" a boar and it just looks like you've sliced out an internal organ or something instead of removing the skin. Kinda weird.

Oh man, the .50 cal snipe rifle is brilliant. One shot kills on all animals. Fuck yes. This game is so good. I figured Borderlands 2 was a lock for my GOTY but FC3 is blowing me away. So much fun!

Haunted

So is everyone in agreement that this game has the best set of villains for a FPS this gen?
Vaas is great
but they kill him off halfway through.

In terms of execution I liked the malaria guy from Far Cry 2 and what's his face and the emperor guy from Killzone 2 more.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something here...

Oliver is the worst by far.

77bDi.png
Yup.
Couldn't wait to shank him, disappointed they didn't let me in the Citra ending. :(

I like how some people make it seem like the HUD elements absolutely ruin the game, and now with the option coming it's like OMFG!!!! BEST GAME EVER! I'm glad it's happening but game still rocks regardless!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I like how some people make it seem like the HUD elements absolutely ruin the game, and now with the option coming it's like OMFG!!!! BEST GAME EVER! I'm glad it's happening but game still rocks regardless!

Yeah, tbh for me it really wasn't a problem, still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Riposte

The HUD, if nothing else, highlights the flaws in the game. So I could see how people's opinion might be affected when the game shoves its bad parts in their face.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What pissed me off about the fucking radio towers was well one it uses the same shitty idea from Assassins creed that its fun to climb up onto things just to see more of the map. (which it isnt even if there is a cool zipline to get down with)

And two as you progress the towers get more and more of a pain in the ass to climb. Some of which are not the best designed due to the small space the mappers / modelers had to work with making for a bit of confusion at times with where exactly to go to reach the next ledge up.

It was irritating on the first island with the farther out towers.

The one on the second island were fuck you design team.

Top Bottom