• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part One - Sundays on AMC

Whose lives will the boat crew ruin next week!

Well if they never intervened they'd all been killed by the father anyway. So they sorta helped, in a horrible way.

Though that's assuming that the older brother won't just carry out his fathers wishes and murder the little boy...

Amikami

Banned
That episode was interesting but I don't see much coming from it. I thought they would take the kid, but they didn't even get a new character out of this. I feel like they are just biding time till Strand becomes a villain and reveal his villainous ways.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I love that she still waved good bye 😂

Better to give him some hope than be a total ice queen to a kid that was about to be "kneecapped" in the back of the head by his older brother.

GavinGT

Banned
So, what's Strand's secret? Someone earlier said drug trafficker. That makes sense given that he's rich, has a boat, and has maps of the Mexican shoreline. But what place does drug trafficking have in the apocalypse?

Somnia

So, what's Strand's secret? Someone earlier said drug trafficker. That makes sense given that he's rich, has a boat, and has maps of the Mexican shoreline. But what place does drug trafficking have in the apocalypse?

I hope to god it's not something that cliche, I hope it's a nice twist on why he's going there and who called him.

Regarding the preview:

I am glad it's the Asian girl joining the cast, she was easily the best on that airplane mini-show. Plus she knows wtf is going on already.

I didn't feel much of anything tonight. This episode didn't do much for me :(

The part that interested me was them explaining how the rest of the coast was holding up (badly) and how far the zeds have spread.

BFIB

I didn't feel much of anything tonight. This episode didn't do much for me :(

The part that interested me was them explaining how the rest of the coast was holding up (badly) and how far the zeds have spread.
I was really hoping we'd get more into this on this show.

BizzyBum

Much better episode than the premiere.

Also, does anyone realize Nick unknowingly killed the young girl? He was playing with the globe when she walked in on him. She probably got curious and wanted to see what was in there and yeah...

Some bizarre things though, why the hell did the father shoot himself before killing his wife? And why the hell would they want to leave that island at all? They have a small farm with crops, water, can fish in the ocean, secluded, perimeter fence. Seems like the perfect place. Makes no sense why they would want to go back on the boat, especially after hearing that the entire west coast is destroyed.

Somnia

Also, does anyone realize Nick unknowingly killed the young girl? He was playing with the globe when she walked in on him. She probably got curious and wanted to see what was in there and yeah...

Some bizarre things though, why the hell did the father shoot himself before killing his wife? And why the hell would they want to leave that island at all? They have a small farm with crops, water, can fish in the ocean, secluded, perimeter fence. Seems like the perfect place. Makes no sense why they would want to go back on the boat, especially after hearing that the entire west coast is destroyed.

While all true, there's also a city near by full of zombies and they have no idea how many are there and know that spot will eventually fall. They mentioned this a lot in the episode.

Plot force. I agree that little place was a good place to hole up. They had the resources to build more fences. Food and water. The scary part would be the zed infested waters. We don't know what would happen if people ate infected fish. Strand is the dictator and the rest of the crew are afraid of him.

Catdaddy

Considering he befriended a drug addict - might be heading that way...

TheSeks

explaining how the rest of the coast was holding up (badly) and how far the zeds have spread.

Well, they kinda explained that. Entire west coast was firebombed to the continental line, at least in the US. Vancouver/Canada was wiped out. Mexico is border closed.

Leaves them attempting to go to Hawaii which ain't possible on their boat with the amount of gas they have/burned.

Well, they kinda explained that. Entire west coast was firebombed to the continental line, at least in the US. Vancouver/Canada was wiped out. Mexico is border closed.

Leaves them attempting to go to Hawaii which ain't possible on their boat with the amount of gas they have/burned.

Yeah. The backstory and origins of a zombie apocalypse always interests me. I wonder how the rest of the world is doing?

TWD made it seem like not much of anything was destroyed or badly damaged (my memory might be bad lol).

TheSeks

TWD made it seem like not much of anything was destroyed or badly damaged (my memory might be bad lol).

Well, that's the East Coast. And they firebombed Atlanta in the TV show. The rural areas (which I'm sure on the west coast is also possible) weren't hit with napalm. But I'm sure even on the East Coast they firebombed major cities.

Well, that's the East Coast. And they firebombed Atlanta in the TV show. The rural areas (which I'm sure on the west coast is also possible) weren't hit with napalm. But I'm sure even on the East Coast they firebombed major cities.

Oh yeah they did lol. I forgot about that for some odd reason hah. I wonder how powerful napalm blasts are and how long they last for.

I know that diving into zombie origins would bore the mainstream audiences so I know they won't dig too deep into how zeds came to or what is happening with the rest of the US or the World. I'm fine with that. It's not the show for that.

Those things are meant for online shows and whatnot ^_^

NYR

I can't stand this show. None of these people should be alive in a year in this world, TWD characters had developed survival instincts in episode 2, these morons are still 2 seasons deep of doing dumb shit.

Oh yeah they did lol. I forgot about that for some odd reason hah. I wonder how powerful napalm blasts are and how long they last for.

I know that diving into zombie origins would bore the mainstream audiences so I know they won't did too deep into how sends came to or what is happening with the rest of the US or the World. I'm fine with that. It's not the show for that.

Those things are meant for online shows and whatnot ^_^

I wouldn't expect much explanation at all tbh. And those who are waiting on it from this show shouldn't expect any more revelations than what has been revealed on TWD.

The comics will be the first to explain things, if things are even explained which I doubt given the creator and his lack of concern with that aspect of the story.

TheSeks

The comics will be the first to explain things, if things are even explained which I doubt given the creator and his lack of concern with that aspect of the story.

He's already stated he's never gonna explain the virus. So I doubt he'll explain the downfall at all.

He's already stated he's never gonna explain the virus. So I doubt he'll explain the downfall at all.

Yea that sucks :/

With that in mind I don't mind how zeds came to but I wouldn't mind if they start talking more about how other countries are dealing with the zombie outbreak. Like how they did tonight with how the rest of the West coast was doing (napalm and whatnot). Little nods between character interactions would make me happy.

someday

Banned
This episode was much better than the premier. I think the key will be to always have some outsiders involved to lessen the burden on the unlikable cast. I still don't care for any of the family members and for the love of God, comb Nick's hair.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Strand taking my island advice from last week!

I thought of your post when they landed on the island :D

Oh shit, they actually kept him Maori. I assumed they were making him Mexican or something lol.

Yeah, I thought that was cool too. I think their original plan was for Cliff Curtis to play a Hispanic character but then they changed their minds in between seasons.

Walking Dead, where everything is filler.

I think you jest, but the stuff depicted in tonight's episode is literally the meat and potatoes of the franchise.

TWD characters had developed survival instincts in episode 2, these morons are still 2 seasons* deep of doing dumb shit.

*aka 8 episodes

I can't stand this show. None of these people should be alive in a year in this world, TWD characters had developed survival instincts in episode 2, these morons are still 2 seasons deep of doing dumb shit.

Were we watching the same show?

Arguably the strongest survivor in TWD
Carol
started out as the weakest character of all, and it took multiple seasons to the character to grow into a hardened warrior. It took much more than just one or two seasons to happen.

For all we know, the same could happen to any of the characters in FTWD.

Top Bottom