• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part One - Sundays on AMC

-Nick (young, has a Depp/Franco thing going that could be considered attractive, popular?, many possible storylines including future love interests, drug problem could resurface)
-Alicia (young, hot, popular?, biggest chance of becoming FTWD's Daryl, many possible storylines including future love interests)

Nick does have a bit of a young Depp look to him, but his character reminds me more of Christian Slater in Heathers.
Heathers%20movie%20image%20Winona%20Ryder%20(3).jpg

I'm not sure what the writers are doing with Alicia this season. She was made out to be the smart character last season and now they write her just sort of wandering around aimlessly, talking to strange boys on the radio and listening to headphones in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm not sure what the writers are doing with Alicia this season. She was made out to be the smart character last season and now they write her just sort of wandering around aimlessly, talking to strange boys on the radio and listening to headphones in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

She was listening to headphones in a safe zone though.

Mega

Banned
I think you have AMC confused with The CW.

Really? :p
This is the same network that has given Daryl super plot armor because he has too many female fans swooning over him. It can't even be hinted that he died (Dwight's reassuring line to the audience in the second to last episode) or else people will freak out and go into a rage.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
There's nowhere safe now, don't you get it, man? Don't you get it? It's game over! Game over, man!

Wasn't she all "How do you know this is the apocalypse" to Nick like 5 minutes earlier?

This is the same network that has given Daryl super plot armor because he has too many female fans swooning over him. It can't even be hinted that he died (Dwight's reassuring line to the audience in the second to last episode) or else people will freak out and go into a rage.

I don't think they're keeping Daryl around because women find him attractive. He's just a popular character all around.

vendril

Neo Member
Don't understand the Daryl --> Alicia comparison at all. He was kind of an established badass from the start. her -- not so much. If you're basing it off attractiveness, welcome to Hollywood.

Don't understand the Daryl --> Alicia comparison at all. He was kind of an established badass from the start. her -- not so much. If you're basing it off attractiveness, welcome to Hollywood.

People are just trying to make this girl a thing. She'll get killed... by humans.

Mega

Banned
I don't think they're keeping Daryl around because women find him attractive. He's just a popular character all around.

He's all those things. I dunno, I just think AMC is very transparent and predictable. They have not killed off a popular main character in several years now on TWD. They're all about retaining well liked characters for consistent ratings than they are about taking risks. If she or any other character becomes insanely popular, go by TWD's track record and expect serious plot armor.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I think that was more to do with the bullshit they pulled earlier in the season, and them saying they weren't going to do anything like that again. I wouldn't be surprised if that line was edited in much later and their original plan was to have everyone thinking Daryl had died, it was kinda a goofy line when you think about it.

Apt101

I'm just working my way through S1 after seeing it pop up on Hulu. So trying not to be spoiled (my own dumb fault if I am, being here).

I think the drama and acting are superior to the main series. It's obviously slower and not action-oriented, and that makes much of the action a lot more effective for me. I'm also surprised by how good the three young actors are. The kid playing the addict is stellar in certain scenes, while his sister and the other boy are always solid.

I think I'll stick with this through the end of the season. I watch so few shows now it seems, I may as well add some more and this looks like a worthy time waster.

I watch so few shows now it seems, I may as well add some more and this looks like a worthy time waster.

Since you're looking at new shows and you seem to like the post-apocalypse genre, I would enthusiastically recommend CW's The 100. Basic premise is a bunch of teens & 20-somethings get dumped on a post-nuclear war Earth and have to survive. Don't let the "CW" part scare you – the acting and writing are on the whole really quite good.

Since you're looking at new shows and you seem to like the post-apocalypse genre, I would enthusiastically recommend CW's The 100. Basic premise is a bunch of teens & 20-somethings get dumped on a post-nuclear war Earth and have to survive. Don't let the "CW" part scare you – the acting and writing are on the whole really quite good.
Seconded

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Ouroboros

Madison confronts Strand about his mysterious destination. Meanwhile, Nick, Alicia and others inspect wreckage from a plane crash.

The episode was written by Alan Page (who is making his Fear the Walking Dead debut) and was directed by Stefan Schwartz (who last directed 1.6 "The Good Man", AKA the season 1 finale).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Lorenzo Henrie (Chris)
Chris Jericho (wrestler)
...and a surprise guest!

I'm going to be super pissed if they take the only likable character on this show and off him as he turns into a pointless traitor.

Strand is too good for this show.

Cleaned already.

They were in such a hurry to move the boat at night and they stop for this detour? pls

His work is going to take the whole day so why not go loot corpses and a plane crash site that's like less than a mile away? The only problem is these people have no fucking weapons for when the inevitable happens.

Korigama

Never really kept up with Game of Thrones beyond bits and pieces discussed by other people, so I don't have much better to do at the moment.

Top Bottom