• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part One - Sundays on AMC

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can tell the difference in the budget for this show :lol

Basically, a whole hour of them on the boat doing... jack until the last five minutes where OH NO DANGER MAY HAPPEN NEXT EPISODE.

Why is a yacht log important?

Let's them know where they went. Where they were going, inventory, etc.

Korigama

"Yes, I'll keep talking to this random guy on the radio who claims he needs help, surely nothing will go wrong!"

...So freaking stupid.

Mediocre start to the season.

Question for those who watch The Walking Dead...will this thread be safe from spoilers from that show? Because I haven't watched a single episode from S6 yet.

Ecotic

Basically, a whole hour of them on the boat doing... jack until the last five minutes where OH NO DANGER MAY HAPPEN NEXT EPISODE.

Yeah, padding out a show like this while keeping the audience tuned in next week is definitely an art form.

TheSeks

Soooo

Season 2 Walking Dead : Farm doing nothing

Season 2 of Fear Walking Dead : Boat doing nothing

Yeah, but the whole first season of Fear was similar: They blew past the fall of LA when they could've (and should've, they even advertised that) shown the fall but "MUH SLOWISM, WHEN'S ZOMBIES!?"

The problem is, this show doesn't know what it wants to be beyond character studies and those characters aren't really compelling beyond Daniel. Strand's mystery is bullshit and him not sleeping is laughable because if he was truly scared of that family he wouldn't have told the druggie about the boat. He would've just up and left on his own leaving them in the firebombing of LA. I mean knock Walking Dead Season 2 for being slow like that, but it seemed like Darabont had an idea and clue of what he kinda wanted to explore in regards to the zombies infecting the water/well of the farm and how long-after-the-fall was starting to affect families. This show doesn't really have a means of anything and it feels like Kirkman only tossed this out to AMC for free money.

Red Mage

I am going to make the safe assumption that these people are dead by the time TWD starts. Because there is no way a group this stupid is going to last 45 days.

Strand's mystery is bullshit and him not sleeping is laughable because if he was truly scared of that family he wouldn't have told the druggie about the boat. He would've just up and left on his own leaving them in the firebombing of LA.

No he knows up and leaving completely on his own would have gotten him killed too. He says it himself he needs useful help.

TheSeks

No he knows up and leaving completely on his own would have gotten him killed too. He says it himself he needs useful help.

Then why the hell didn't he tell the druggie what his families use is? He only told that Druggie "oh you have no fear of OD'ing, you're 'kay" and that's it.

SURGEdude

Not a great start to the season. Just blah. Also between Surface and Xbox ads I'm just waiting for one of the characters to extol the virtues of and mourn the loss of his Windows Phone courtesy of the Apocalypse.

Ovid

Just like TWD, these people just cannot stay in one place. Alicia on the CB, Nick paddling out to a bullet ridden boat (with zombies in the water), Tavis' son jumping into the water.

Whatever, I'm not expecting to be blown away anyway. It was entertaining.

Ponn

Banned
I am going to make the safe assumption that these people are dead by the time TWD starts. Because there is no way a group this stupid is going to last 45 days.

Old crazy guy and Strand are definitely survivors. Travis is getting there, its just if they will fall victim to the trope of the badass characters dying to protect the dumb ass ones.

Red Mage

Okay, so at this point I think Strand should put everyone but Nick on a dingy and push them off. Make this a buddy show starring nick and strand talking existential shit in the zombie apocalypse.

Nah, he can keep the old guy who is probably a really good shot. Also, his daughter so that the old guy doesn't have a reason to turn on Strand.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
not really

I am re-watching it with my GF who has just not started watching, and am declined to disagree. The whole Rick-Laurie-Shane debacle is something that gave a great time to explore that, something that if went by the comics...would be done in five episodes at least. Everyone grows as a character except T-Dog. Compared to say Season 5?? Where it is limited to a few characters and some are complete just non-talking until they need to.

Then why the hell didn't he tell the druggie what his families use is? He only told that Druggie "oh you have no fear of OD'ing, you're 'kay" and that's it.

I suppose he could/should have just so we'd know too(!) but the druggie didn't ask what their use was just his own so that was what the conversation was.

Old crazy guy and Strand are definitely survivors. Travis is getting there, its just if they will fall victim to the trope of the badass characters dying to protect the dumb ass ones.

Yeah.

Red Mage

Strand and the crazy old guy would make an awesome pair. I wish that the show had them as the main characters.

So why did the other water zombie just stared off into the bullet holes? Surely it can't be because of Travis calling out to Nick can it?

I feel like Strand needs these folks more than they need him. Not for good reasons, I presume? Something like he needs them to be bait or to use them to do his biddings.

Amikami

Banned
Looks to me like the water is still the safest with the issue of having to make sure you have supplies. Walkers (whatever the hell they call them in this show) don't seem to be able to swim but just kinda float there looking clueless when nothing is a feet in front of them.

They could find a nice little small island, clear it (shouldn't be many) and protect it from the shore offing any walkers that make land.

Lmo911

It's a boat full of bullet holes and zombies! I think I hear something!

Dude, you heard... zombies.

Druggie is like that dangerous combination of stupid but he thinks he's deep. I really want to see it bite him in the ass when they get to wherever Strand is taking them. Sadly, I think the people in charge of this show think he's actually interesting so he's going to live forever.

Carl could wipe the floor with all of them and I'm talking like season two 10 year old Carl.

NYR

This episode sucks, I can't STAND the stupidity of these people, it's an insult to all those who are dead that such a group of stupid people are still alive.

Yeah I'm pretty much done with this show when GoT starts.

Gave the opener an honest chance to grab me, and none of the characters have really grown or matured. And it was just flat out dull.

cacildo

I didnt watched it but your reactions sound great

Its like the first seasons of TWD, only in this case nobody has any hope that the show will get better - only worst

TheSeks

Is Madison dead yet? I refuse to buy the season pass from Amazon until I get confirmation of her death.

No, and since she's the "showrunner"/main character like Rick with her Bae, it's gonna be impossible. I say the same for her kids. Bae's son though is a toss-up. Really though, Daniel is this shows Daryl. If he dies, I riot
by stopping this terrible show, which I think I'm going to do anyway

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i really liked the first season of FtWD as a whole but this season is off to the same limp start as S1. Does anybody in tv know how to do an opening or ending anymore?

Not sure if im going to stay current with the show. Even though i enjoy the characters much more than TWD in general the biggest draw for me to the show has already passed by like the 3rd episode of S1.. i wanted to see the breakdown of society failing to contain the infection. i didnt want necessarily a 24 version of TWD where it shows stuff hour to hour but i wanted to see more of something like an extended intro to Dawn of the Dead remake. i think ill just wait until i can binge the show.

Couleurs

I feel like this is being set up as the opposite of TWD; instead of being sad when a main character dies, we are being set up to be happy when it finally happens since everyone is so dumb and unlikable.

Kill everyone except Strand and Daniel IMO (which of course means Strand/Daniel will be the only main characters to die)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I didn't hate the episode, but it was mostly weak. High points were Mr. Fashion Week aka Strand laying down the law, and his conversation with Nick. I don't really mind the characters being dumb sometimes, especially when I have no expectation for the majority of them to have survival skills. I think Travis' son was trying to commit suicide (Hello, Walking Dead Season 2) not just going out for a leisurely swim with his clothes on lol

I know this season won't be 100% on the boat, but I hope they make frequent stops along the coast. I'm already getting claustrophobic about the setting they're in now.

Comic Spoiler

The radio stuff with Alicia is funny because almost the exact same thing is going on in the comics right now with Eugene.

TheSeks

I think Travis' son was trying to commit suicide (Hello, Walking Dead Season 2) not just going out for a leisurely swim with his clothes on lol

He was. Nick covered for him after that "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?"

Top Bottom