• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

EC was better than I though it was gonna be.

MVP of the PPV was the Spanish Announce Table. Payback's a mutjhafucka aint it?

Congrats to Swagger out of nowhere to be headlining WM. And damn is his new theme hella good. Sounds like Final Boss music from a JRPG or King of Fighters.

Thank You Roman Reigns for spearing the shit out of folks.

Everything else went as I expected to. Now let us see how they fill the rest of the card.

KissVibes

Banned
Posting gifs without anything else is getting people banned because they keep being annoying about it. Imagine if I posted "Hey, cats are kinda dumb right?" and everyone replied with the same fuckin' .gif like stupid asses. Said stupid asses would get banned because they aren't contributing anything to GAF society.

That's basically whats happening right now.

GORE! GORE ! GORE!

1.gif

4rSsH72.jpg

Lils was REALLY close to death there. That would have been a million times worse than Death by Charlie Hass

Posting gifs without anything else is getting people banned because they keep being annoying about it. Imagine if I posted "Hey, cats are kinda dumb right?" and everyone replied with the same fuckin' .gif like stupid asses. Said stupid asses would get banned because they aren't contributing anything to GAF society.

That's basically whats happening right now.

Translation: Next gen Sony + MS consoles incoming, people are being crazy.

Gaf will be back to normal somewhere between summer 2014 to early 2015.

Don't even get how they can do a proper build. Bork reportedly has 4(?) weeks before working mania. Plus Rock leaves for 2 weeks after today. Plus gods knows if or when Taker appears. These part timers are fucking up the flow/hype to mania.

Omega

Banned
They're both heels so it doesn't make sense.
Punk looks like Zach Gowen compared to Bork. Majority of people don't even take Punk serious against Rock, imagine how they would feel about Bork. He's actually a threat and killed Cena/Trips. Rock can't even hang with Vin Diesel

This would be the dumbest match on the card.

Nebula

Jack Swagger still sucks at a lot of various things, but his new theme song is boss as hell. Sounds like the main theme for a Final Fantasy villain.

One winged angel. Jack Swagger.

Glorious.

Don't even get how they can do a proper build. Bork reportedly has 4(?) weeks before working mania. Plus Rock leaves for 2 weeks after today. Plus gods knows if or when Taker appears. These part timers are fucking up the flow/hype to mania.

That's the price Vince pays for his Millions of Dollars at Wrestlemania.

KissVibes

Banned
I hope not. CM Punk makes a terrible face.

Make him a tweener, then. Have him fight everybody.

Brock gives him an F5 later tonight on raw; CM Punk spends weeks calling him out and The Shield beating him up. Then a week or two before OH IT'S BROCK LESNAR HERE TO CHALLENGE CM PUNK AND THE SHIELD ARE FIGHTING JTG, MASON RYAN, AND ZACK RYDER* ON THE PRE-SHOW WHOAAAAA!

*or maybe The Shield fights real opponents. I'm thinking they win the Tag Titles before WM anyway. So Kane has his final match against D.Brine.

Punk looks like Zach Gowen compared to Bork. Majority of people don't even take Punk serious against Rock, imagine how they would feel about Bork. He's actually a threat and killed Cena/Trips. Rock can't even hang with Vin Diesel

This would be the dumbest match on the card.

Cena wasn't killed by Bork.

How about they give Punk a new gimmick where everytime someone kills him in the ring he just comes back twice as strong as before. So like, he becomes this unnatural monster where all his moves do so much damage even though they shouldn't?

Or have it be some No DQ match with Trips as the Ref? Then Brock REALLY gets beaten by Triple H and they fight at WM30.

Punk should definitely just be a tweener....or remain heel. And Brock beat the ungodly fuck out of Cena....they just ended the match poorly with the chain punch and AA on the steps. Otherwise it was Brock making Cena look like a worthless bitch the entire match. Granted that's how Cena matches play out, but Brock took it a lot farther.

Anyone have a gif of when Brock said fuck life and just recklessly jumped out of the ring at Cena?

Was the Punk/Rock match any good?

It was slower than all hell at the beginning. A ton of rest holds. And I couldn't tell if the Rock was doing Rock selling or if he was actually really gassed for almost the entire match. It definitely picks up toward the end though and I have to say it's better than their first match. Overall I'd give a 6/10

Kyoufu

It was slower than all hell at the beginning. A ton of rest holds. And I couldn't tell if the Rock was doing Rock selling or if he was actually really gassed for almost the entire match. It definitely picks up toward the end though and I have to say it's better than their first match. Overall I'd give a 6/10

No, The Rock looked like an old man in the ring and it generally being so slow put folks to sleep.

The best part was when the Spanish Announce Table(TM) didn't break.

So I was right.

He is not only a shit wrestler but also isn't taking any hits because it's WRASSLEMANIA season.

I'm so down on wrestling at the moment. :(

Thought the PPV was average as, talented guys are being wasted and I can't even fake interest in the ones who are there. WM getting diva level build in some cases.

Best bit was The Shield lol, gotta laugh at Cena's reaction he was like "OH WHAT? YOU NOOBS LOST??" if it was just him solo'ing them I bet he would have won.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Thought the PPV was average as, talented guys are being wasted and I can't even fake interest in the ones who are there. WM getting diva level build in some cases.

Best bit was The Shield lol, gotta laugh at Cena's reaction he was like "OH WHAT? YOU NOOBS LOST??" if it was just him solo'ing them I bet he would have won.

Completely agree. They don't give a shit about anyone but the part-timers, is the problem.

Everyone is giving them shit about their buildup to WM.....

.....but they have like 6 or 7 more weeks......

They have a ton of time to buildup their matches, but the question is will they?

WWE-Monday-Night-Raw-Recap-Review-112612-Dean-Ambrose.gif

Duh.

Del Rio's botch was glorious lol.

Poor Big Show had to stand there pretending he didn't even hear/feel anything while Bert tried a do-over. :|

How embarrassing.

Kyoufu

Rock as WWE Champion is the worst idea Vince has ever had since Cena became WWE Champion.

Yes as you can tell I'm really down on wrestling too.

This shit's depressing.

They're supposed to use part-timers to elevate their full-timers not named John Cena.

Nebula

Del Rio's botch was glorious lol.

Poor Big Show had to stand there pretending he didn't even hear/feel anything while Bert tried a do-over. :|

How embarrassing.

Show should have just clocked him with the Bucket and stomped around the ring in a bout of rage. Then to cap it off, wear the bucket as a glove and WMD Del Rio.

Everyone knows that in a future pvp this year Cena alone will bury the shield while he trollface the entire wresselgaf community

Cena vs Dwayne 2 is gonna be unbearable.

Imagine last week's hour long rant about nothing but with BOTH of them doing it.

I think the only redeemable part of the match will be the lolamount of shit Cena gets from the crowd and seeing them trying to pass it off "WHETHER YOU LOVE HIM OR YOU HATE HIM!" no, its just hate.

Then he's gonna win and the place will riot.

Personally I probably hate Cena less than the Rock and that is saying something. :|

WRESTLEMANIA LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WHOOOOOOOO! ??????? :(

Nebula

Cena vs Dwayne 2 is gonna be unbearable.

Imagine last week's hour long rant about nothing but with BOTH of them doing it.

I think the only redeemable part of the match will be the lolamount of shit Cena gets from the crowd and seeing them trying to pass it off "WHETHER YOU LOVE HIM OR YOU HATE HIM!" no, its just hate.

Then he's gonna win and the place will riot.

Personally I probably hate Cena less than the Rock and that is saying something. :|

WRESTLEMANIA LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WHOOOOOOOO! ??????? :(

I am considering avoiding that match. I will exit the room. I will not watch it ever. I will not think about it.

You wont miss much, 10min head locks while Dwayne gets his nappy time.... IN A CENA MATCH.

:|

Punk has to be involved somehow, its the only part that could interest me.

Everyone knows that in a future pvp this year Cena alone will bury the shield while he trollface the entire wresselgaf community

I don't know why but that made me laugh really hard. I think it's because I imagined some Guild Wars version of Cena just wiping the Shield in one move..............which is entirely possible.

It's no longer funny.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
How about they give Punk a new gimmick where everytime someone kills him in the ring he just comes back twice as strong as before. So like, he becomes this unnatural monster where all his moves do so much damage even though they shouldn't?

You want Punk to become a Saiyan?

Nebula

So HaloGAF just hit the fan with Spops, and Wrasslemania isn't looking all that great either. It's going to be one of those times of year isn't it?

Forkball

Fastest Wrestlemania push ever.

I think Swagger's character could be interesting... but it's been six days. SIX DAYS. Swagger vs. Del Rio could work, but damn, it has like a month of build up. I wouldn't be surprised it it opened up the show and lasted like 10 minutes tops.

So HaloGAF just hit the fan with Spops, and Wrasslemania isn't looking all that great either. It's going to be one of those times of year isn't it?

What's that? Spartan Ops? If so what, what happened? I stopped playing Halo 4 at the beginning of the year.

Fastest Wrestlemania push ever.

I think Swagger's character could be interesting... but it's been six days. SIX DAYS. Swagger vs. Del Rio could work, but damn, it has like a month of build up. I wouldn't be surprised it it opened up the show and lasted like 10 minutes tops.
There's no way it's not opening the show. They've been shitting on that title for years now. Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan, and Big Show have made me care somewhat. They all had decent reigns. If Sheamus wasn't such a piece of fuck character then I might have enjoyed his reign, cause he could definitely put on some solid matches.

Striker

Quite surprised Ryback took the pinfall in the six man match. I would have easily predicted Sheamus. With that, they've still have a good thing going with The Shield. Just two matches, but they performed very well in both. Would be nice if they wrestled more.

As for WM, meh. They don't seem to be squaring much on guys like Daniel Bryan (vs. Kane?), Dolph Ziggler (been idling by since December), or Wade Barrett (dat IC title holder). So much focus on Cena, but that shouldn't color anybody surprised. Guessing afterwards, though, and when the Rock leaves - who will become their opponent for Cena? Punk again? I rather not. Would be great for somebody like Daniel Bryan, but I'm going to think Ryback. Seems they don't have much else go, and after his thing with Shield, he'll need something new.

And yes, Swagger's sudden push is downright awful. But the pick itself with a new mic piece isn't, simply the way the WWE really poorly push these guys is staggering. They did the same with Sheamus prior to the 2012 Rumble; feud with Jinder Mahal for months, win Rumble with no build, and bam, win the WM match in 18 seconds and you become Cena Lite. Whoever booked that needs slapped.

Forkball

Yeah Ryback has been kind of jobbed out lately. Honestly, what was his last big win? Lost to Punk several times, lost to Shield several times etc. They give him some victories over jobbers but he really hasn't had a single big victory.

Nebula

Quite surprised Ryback took the pinfall in the six man match. I would have easily predicted Sheamus. With that, they've still have a good thing going with The Shield. Just two matches, but they performed very well in both. Would be nice if they wrestled more.

As for WM, meh. They don't seem to be squaring much on guys like Daniel Bryan (vs. Kane?), Dolph Ziggler (been idling by since December), or Wade Barrett (dat IC title holder). So much focus on Cena, but that shouldn't color anybody surprised. Guessing afterwards, though, and when the Rock leaves - who will become their opponent for Cena? Punk again? I rather not. Would be great for somebody like Daniel Bryan, but I'm going to think Ryback. Seems they don't have much else go, and after his thing with Shield, he'll need something new.

And yes, Swagger's sudden push is downright awful. But the pick itself with a new mic piece isn't, simply the way the WWE really poorly push these guys is staggering. They did the same with Sheamus prior to the 2012 Rumble; feud with Jinder Mahal for months, win Rumble with no build, and bam, win the WM match in 18 seconds and you become Cena Lite. Whoever booked that needs slapped.

Pretty much all of us watching it at my friends saw Sheamus taking the pinfall. Agreed on The Shield as well. They did great, and even Reigns looked fantastic. Some Tag Team action would be great also.

WM is meh at the moment. It's going to be a struggle watching it to be honest. I can see Ryback and Cena fueding somehow over that 6 man tag loss. Something seemed awfully off about Cena pretty much screaming "OMFG U NEWBS WUT HAPPND" and having Ryback storm off after.

Swagger is good. Fast push, not so good. I'd like to see how this pans out.

Forgive me for shilling but I've got a blog where I review old wrestling shows with screen caps and everything. I do a ton of old MSG shows and a series of WWF Primetime reviews. Right now, I'm giving away the first of many prizes to come. Please feel free to check it out at http://stevegraps.blogspot.com. I don't see too much stuff talked about from the 70's and 80's here so I figured I'd get in my own little niche!

I'm giving away an old Observer newsletter and I can't seem to get anyone to enter so maybe you guys would like to. Here's the info for it ripped from my site...

1...Follow me on Twitter @stevesgraps and look for my contest tweet and then re-tweet it to your followers

2...Email me at stevesgraps@yahoo.com and tell me you want to win

3...Comment on any post of mine on my blog at stevegraps.blogspot.com until March 1st

4...Refer anyone to my blog and have them do any of the prior three steps. Be sure to mention to them to note your referral.

From now until March 1st, you can enter and after that date I will put everyone's name into a hat and pick one. I will contact you, get your info, and gladly mail the prize to you! You can enter as many times as you do any of the above ways but only once for number two!

Again sorry for the shill!

Really enjoy the reviews dude. Keep up the awesome work!

Hoarr

Neo Member
gRUm9xt.jpg

FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU!

Weird photo. Surprised no one pointed out Brandon Stroud on the bottom left with Chris Trew. Focus up, people!

Top Bottom