• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

strobogo

Banned
Bryan can go pretty much anywhere on the card, but what do you do with Kane after they break up? The same spot he's been in for the last 6-7 years?

Sorry to hear what you're currently going through, jmdajr. I know you can beat this thing. You'll give it an RKO out of nowhere in no time.

jmdajr

Luckily I already have a wife and daughter. Six months old. If my ball is gone I dont give one F. I just want to live for them.

Plus my poor mother, I will be damned if she has to bury me.

Luckily I already have a wife and daughter. Six months old. If my ball is gone I dont give one F. I just want to live for them.

You can get by with 1 testicle. Nothing to worry about, as long as you live. Besides, it might not even come to that! We've got your back.

Aiii

So not worth it

Relax mate, you're not even remotely at death's door just yet.

I'll bet you you'll live another 40 years easy.

tm24

So big news in lucha happened this weekend that could have a huge effect on the SoCal wrestling scene

For the last few months, Konnan and Dorian Roldan have been talking about how they have a project of sorts that would mean big things for lucha. Konnan specifically said February would be when we would first start hearing news. Over in AAA, the storyline is that Konnan and Dorian have been doing whatever possible to get fired since the owner wont let them quit in order to screw with them. They finally got fired over the weekend. This sets up Konnan and Dorian to form a new invading army and lets AAA do its usual invaders vs AAA story build to AAA. Theres a few things that dont make sense, like how the rudos that Konnan and Dorian helped turned on them after they were fired, or how the people that they brought in werent kicked out either (like Parka Negra or Pentagon Jr, the evil clones of La Parka and Octagon) or how La Sociedad (the current heel mega group) more or less has all the titles, but it was a 2 week tv taping so things could get explained on tv.

The big project that has been hinted at is highly believed to be a new promotion based out of LA that is just barely legally separate from AAA. If this is true, it will be probably be set up similar to the Perros Del mal promotion, which isnt affiliated with AAA, but everyone who works there also works with AAA. So the plan is book AAA in the MEs and have local talent work the undercard.

We should hear news soon since there's no reason the ending to the Konnan/Dorian story was rushed otherwise. Then again, this is lucha, so who the fuck knows

Also, godspeed jmdajr!

jred2k

All medical related changes seem really bad at first, but as time goes on you'll get used to it and it will help you appreciate what you have now. Just remember that there are millions of others that have battled it and have continued to live their life the same.

If you decide to become really good at riding a bicycle and become an inspiration you better not use steroids. Just an FYI.

So big news in lucha happened this weekend that could have a huge effect on the SoCal wrestling scene

For the last few months, Konnan and Dorian Roldan have been talking about how they have a project of sorts that would mean big things for lucha. Konnan specifically said February would be when we would first start hearing news. Over in AAA, the storyline is that Konnan and Dorian have been doing whatever possible to get fired since the owner wont let them quit in order to screw with them. They finally got fired over the weekend. This sets up Konnan and Dorian to form a new invading army and lets AAA do its usual invaders vs AAA story build to AAA. Theres a few things that dont make sense, like how the rudos that Konnan and Dorian helped turned on them after they were fired, or how the people that they brought in werent kicked out either (like Parka Negra or Pentagon Jr, the evil clones of La Parka and Octagon) or how La Sociedad (the current heel mega group) more or less has all the titles, but it was a 2 week tv taping so things could get explained on tv.

The big project that has been hinted at is highly believed to be a new promotion based out of LA that is just barely legally separate from AAA. If this is true, it will be probably be set up similar to the Perros Del mal promotion, which isnt affiliated with AAA, but everyone who works there also works with AAA. So the plan is book AAA in the MEs and have local talent work the undercard.

We should hear news soon since there's no reason the ending to the Konnan/Dorian story was rushed otherwise. Then again, this is lucha, so who the fuck knows

As of right now Konnan is one of the main owners of Hart Legacy Wrestling here in Calgary and has suggested that he plans on making it a formal sister organization of AAA. I don't know how much any talent sharing will affect you as it seemed like most of the best names they had at the last show were either AAA or not Calgary-local but I'm interested to see what comes of it.

Kaladin

71436_10151288683686443_2104823544_n.png

LOLWhat?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
#wrestlemaniaisbetterthansuperbowlifyoutweetthisenoughttimespeoplemightactuallybeabletounderstandwhatthishashtagactuallymeansahfuckittheyalreadystoppedtryingtoworkitoutmondaynightrawtonightliveonusaseeyouthere

Also, isn't this picture from the year people caught on fire?

I can't tell if it is last year's or 24.

I'm thinking last year now though.

No, you can tell this is from 2012 because Undertaker just got his Smithing up to 100 and was able to create his Dragonscale robes.

I was about to say something profound and supportive to jmdajr, and then this made me laugh.

But seriously jmdajl, I hope everything works out. I have no personal experience with what your going through, but have gone through some health annoyances in the past 6 months, and things always seems a bit scary at the start.

strobogo

Banned
Lucha is probably my least favorite style of wrestling to watch, yet lucha gifs are the best gifs wrestling produces.

Pavaloo

So I have a friend who isn't into wrestling at all, but through me talking about it all the time he wants to get into it. He's the type of guy I'd expect to like Japanese wrestling, but I honestly never know what to expect someone would like from professional wrestling.

Do you guys have any idea of what I should point him towards to introduce him to the awesomeness that is sports entertainment?

Kaladin

So I have a friend who isn't into wrestling at all, but through me talking about it all the time he wants to get into it. He's the type of guy I'd expect to like Japanese wrestling, but I honestly never know what to expect someone would like from professional wrestling.

Do you guys have any idea of what I should point him towards to introduce him to the awesomeness that is sports entertainment?

Does he watch dubbed anime or with sub titles?

Kaladin

Hahaha subtitled

Then since he probably won't mind the Japanese commentary, New Japan Pro Wrestling should be good for him. If it's too far on the deep end into Japanese wrestling for him, Dragon Gate USA and Chikara are good US alternatives.

Attitude era mode in wwe 13 was really well done.

Also Netflix has a ton of WWE DVDs for streaming.

For Japan NJPW wrestle kingdom 7 is a great start

As with Foley and Backlund, it's embarrassing that they've gone this long without putting him in but at least it's happening in MSG

EDIT: Link doesn't work.

They would've inducted him well over a decade ago if he'd let them, but he hasn't. I'm really surprised Triple H eventually convinced Bruno, given how much he hates Vince (and for justifiable reasons, especially the way he ruined Bruno's relationship with his son). I was under the impression that he'd only go through with it once Vince retired.

Show him the stuff you've talked to him about. If that's what got him interested then it's probably what he wants to see.

Why do you think he'd like Japanese wrestling by the way? Less promos and bullshit, more matches? If so then yeah, New Japan's the place to go. Though I don't really condone it, as I think New Japan deserve money far more than the WWE or TNA, there are a ton shows on Youtube. Dominion 2012 and Wrestle Kingdom 7, in particular, were amazing shows. And The New Beginning iPPV is this weekend, which should be excellent.

Kaladin

Wait

Do people dub japanese wrestling matches?

Do they sub them too?

Both sound ridiculous.

Neither, but it's a good question to ask someone just getting into Japanese wrestling. If they watch anime with subtitles, the stuff from Japan should do fine. But if they liked dubbed anime, the American companies which adopt the Japanese style or wrestlers would work like Dragon Gate USA or Chikara.

Jamie OD

I have read on other boards people saying the lack of English commentary is something that prevents them from enjoying Japanese wrestling. It's something I never had a problem with. In fact the more I watched wrestling from non-English speaking countries, the more the foreign language helped enhance the experience. Didn't matter to me if I didn't know what they are talking about, but it just wouldn't be the same without hearing "Rrrrariatooooooo!" or "LUCHAAAAAAAAAAAA!" coming from the television.

Anyway Pavaloo, if you are seeking Japanese wrestling for your friend, I recommend any New Japan show from the last two years. Dragon Gate is also good if he is interested in the athleticism and isn't bothered by how organised and routine the wrestling holds are presented.

Pavaloo

Thanks for all the input everyone! It's a lot of help as I don't know much about Japanese wrestling myself.

The reason I think he would like Japanese wrestling is because he is really into Bayonetta and games similar, he likes movies like this one, and I think he did a student exchange program in highschool going to Japan.

The only reason I haven't compiled stuff I like to show him, is because I honestly don't know if I can deliver. I tell him I really like this Swiss champion and how his schtick is being anti-american or how Damien Sandow has a great gimmick, but apart from that I wouldn't know what to show them of Sandow or Cesaro. Then other times, amazing gifs like Muta using mist on some woman's crotch. lol

Top Bottom