• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Thank god K.E.S. retained. I completely expected it beforehand but still got a bit worried at the end there, so it was great work from all involved. Now please take TenKoji out of the title scene already.

That was a real fun match, good work from all involved - I think the reason KES keep facing TenKoji is because there's a lack of established teams, but also because they can guarantee that Archer & Davey will get heat for beating up Kojima & Tenzan.

bangai-o

Banned
that tiger makes Steiner look small. i officially am sure that i had stopped watching wcw in this era. i dont know why, maybe i started playing final fantasy 7 or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower missing two shows of the best wrestling company in the world now.

I guess he truly doesn't love wrestling.

I missed nothing! I just...didn't catch it live.

But it is the best wrestling company in the world. I'll be watching tomorrow. Can't wait, either. So excited.

Ryder should just go to TNA and play the obnoxious smark on Twitter gimmick.

Seeing as they didn't even have interest in John Morrison and already have someone more talented in a similar gimmick, I doubt they'd care. The only two pro's Ryder has are his merch sales and twitter followers, neither of which are going to help TNA much.

That was a real fun match, good work from all involved - I think the reason KES keep facing TenKoji is because there's a lack of established teams, but also because they can guarantee that Archer & Davey will get heat for beating up Kojima & Tenzan.

Yeah, I can understand why, I just think that they've had way too many shots. They need some new teams. I guess Shibata and Sakuraba will be the next contenders? I dunno.

strobogo

Banned
that tiger makes Steiner look small. i officially am sure that i had stopped watching wcw in this era. i dont know why, maybe i started playing final fantasy 7 or something.

Yeah, it was about the time I had checked out of WCW completely, too. Actually, it was a bit before this. Sometime shortly after Lance won all the titles is when I stopped watching. Not because of Lance, but everything on the shows had gone to shit by then. I don't remember much of anything after New Blood Rising.

Also, that tiger was NOT happy to be there.

CHIKARA spoiler;
Amasis returned! He distracted Ophidian and cost him his match against Frightmare

Yeah, I can understand why, I just think that they've had way too many shots. They need some new teams. I guess Shibata and Sakuraba will be the next contenders? I dunno.

If the CHAOS/Suzuki-gun feud isn't wrapped up on today's show, I'd expect a CHAOS team to be the next challengers - Yujiro & Ishii, maybe?

I would definitely like to see Shibata & Sakuraba go after the belts though.

Laughter7 vs Goto & Inoue was a lot of fun - the Goto vs Shibata rivalry was glorious to see, hopefully we'll get a singles match between the two at the next iPPV.

Shinsuke Swagamura vs Kaientai Dojo's Kengo Mashimo is up next.

If the CHAOS/Suzuki-gun feud isn't wrapped up on today's show, I'd expect a CHAOS team to be the next challengers - Yujiro & Ishii, maybe?

I would definitely like to see Shibata & Sakuraba go after the belts though.

Yeah, I guess we'll have to wait and see where the feud goes. They should probably spend a bit more time building Shibata and Sakuraba back up after their WK7 losses anyway.

Good match anyway. I love Sakuraba's style and Goto/Shibata were great together.

Good match but I loved the post match angle. I guess the tag titles will be given a break next iPPV and it'll be Nakamura vs Archer. I don't think Archer will have a chance but it'll be interesting.

Man, Suzuki vs Okada has been fucking awesome so far.

Ozone

It won't be at Mania. It's suppose to branch off after Ryback/Shield.
This still worries me a bit. Both guys need to stay strong and the only way to do that would be Brock winning dirty, which you don't really want to do with Brock.

I don't know, I'm interested to see how it's handled.

Seriously. Amazing work by both guys.

Holy fucking shit, that was GREAT. Suzuki beasting on Okada at the end was GLORIOUS, I love it. Amazing match.

Yeah, I loved it. And while I had no idea what he was saying in the post match promo, I still loved it. What a badass.

The main event was great too but not as great in my eyes, which is something that I was expecting anyway.

Another fantastic show. Not as good as WK7 but then very, very few shows are. I love New Japan.

I have to wonder who will be up against Tanahashi next. There seems to be a lot of speculation that they're building up for a Champion vs. Champion match with Prince Devitt, which would be pretty fucking awesome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mgxcxe4cBF1rkxaj4o1_500.jpg

Jamie OD

I have to wonder who will be up against Tanahashi next. There seems to be a lot of speculation that they're building up for a Champion vs. Champion match with Prince Devitt, which would be pretty fucking awesome.

That match is already set for the Anniversary show in Korakuen Hall on 3/3. It won't be on iPPV but if it is like last year, it will surface online pretty quickly after it airs in Japan.

That match is already set for the Anniversary show in Korakuen Hall on 3/3. It won't be on iPPV but if it is like last year, it will surface online pretty quickly after it airs in Japan.

Yeah, I looked it up shortly after that point. Obviously I haven't kept up enough, as I had no clue that match had already been made or that the next iPPV is two months away on the April 7th. Oh well, I'll have to make sure I catch the Anniversary show whenever it's put up on Youtube.

RBH

From the Observer:

Some notes about the proposed WWE Network, and the fact they are really, at least this week, planning on rolling it out shortly, came up in a survey that DirecTV is doing.

The big news is not the content, which just confirms that has largely been expected, but that DirecTV is interested in carrying the channel.

The anchor of the network will be its carrying 11 out of the 12 WWE PPV shows per year, all but WrestleMania. What is a lock, whether it ends up financially prudent or not, is that this network will cannibalize the PPV business.

DirecTV's survey regarded asking people how much they would pay for such a network, with price points at $12.99, $14.99, $16.99, $19.99, $24.99 and $29.99. The survey asked people if they would buy it, and how much they would be willing to pay.

The network would contain network-specific reality shows involving current and past contracted wrestlers, shows that were formerly on WWE Classics on Demand like Legends Round Table, replays each week of Raw, Smackdown and other shows, and be augmented by the 30,000 hours of digitzed footage in the company's library of WWF, WCW, ECW, SMW, World Class, AWA, Florida, Stampede and other footage.

They would also re-do features that have been on Classics on Demand, including week-by-week showings of the Monday Night Wars.

Felt like watching an old Rey Mysterio WCW match and came across this:

La Parka & Psycosis vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. & Juventud Guerrera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=gKw2wwJ3QXI&feature=endscreen

The commentary kinda sucks. I don't like Larry Z. But I forgot how crowds could get involved in non main event matches. And what Rey looked like before he blew up (literally)

That is one of my most fav matches ever, I would watch it over and over. Made me a Juvi fan. :D

To be honest before that he was just a random Lucha to me, one of the many. They all do cool things but I look at them as a collective lol. But man, after that match and seeing that 450 splash I was like :O this guy.

Would always go him on WCW/NWO Revenge on N64 and my brother would go Rey heh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ALRIGHT TIME FOR SOME NJPW

Pretty psyched for Anderson/Tanahashi.

Branson

So I'm at a smack down house show and in 30 minutes I've seen more wrestling than some televised events.
Went to the Raw house show last night too. The crowd here really surprised me. Road dogg and billy gunn wrestled team rhode scholars, both of them top notch with promos and the crowd. Jericho vs Ziggles in a no dq match was good. So was the main event with punk and Cesaro vs ryback and the miz. It was a fun night and the crowd was hyped and loud.
Totally different experience than on tv

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Aiii you awake? Do you have a second submission? I can't make it work.

Kinda wish I had stuck with Hydra, but not sure there's a Hydra CAW for WWE 13. There are only a few Owen Hart ones, some of them look terrible too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda wish I had stuck with Hydra, but not sure there's a Hydra CAW for WWE 13. There are only a few Owen Hart ones, some of them look terrible too.

I've had to create a few on my own. Damn you Zandig!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, no Zandig CAWs? CAW circuit isn't what it used to be. What happened to that CAW website, they still going?

I was as surprised as you. Thankfully he's really easy to make, he has a bitchin CZW shirt and jeans. As expected.

10-11-2012+11-59-14+AM.jpg

Upon rewatching Jericho/Punk at WM last year I think Y2J must be cursed with his WM WWE title matches, in all these matches (HHH, Edge, Punk) he gets the dead crowd and on top of that the matches themselves don't quite deliver on their expectations and come off a bit sloppy.
The first segment of the WM28 match is just plain bad as well "hey Punk! your father's a drunk!", manipulative DQ baiting that just looked silly like that entire storyline really.

In turn this reminds me that WM28 was just really weak on the whole, WM27 was cack as well, i'm not even sure why I should anticipate WM this year with a bunch of rematches I really don't want to see, at some point in the last few years the Road to Wrestlemania fell into poor condition and they ain't giving it maintenance.

Striker

The Jericho-Punk feud was flat going in. Whole feud pretty much stunk. Still would've been good for the heels if they were able to capitalize on the PPV's (WM or not) and balance out the rhythm. Punk and Bryan was the same. Kind of made everything dull in the end.

It has just struck me that Bryan will most likely be shafted at Mania this year again. He has had a good year - since Mania 28 - and Team No will most likely be done come Mania.

So we will either get Kane vs Bryan, or if that does not happen Bryan might not even get on the show.

If it does happen, then with Kane on the way to bowing out, he could win that match as a tank you for he service.

Kane vs Bryan also sound like a curtain jerkier to me :/

Aiii

So not worth it
CM Punk had an injury scare at Saturday nigth’s WWE RAW live event from Springfield, Missouri.

Punk wrestled in the tag match main event, teaming up with Antonio Cesaro against The MIz and Ryback. During the match, there was a spot where The Miz delivered a stalling suplex on Punk. Somehow The Miz lost his balance and dropped Punk almost directly on his head. The crowd instantly knew the move did not go as planned, as Punk rolled out of the ring. WWE officials ran over to Punk and checked him out for several minutes.

The match continued and Punk did return to action, but was visibly shaken up and was wrestling at a much slower pace than usual.

We’ll be following this story and will post an update as soon as it becomes available.

Damnit Miz, stick to bad Figure Four's wouldya?

The Jericho-Punk feud was flat going in. Whole feud pretty much stunk. Still would've been good for the heels if they were able to capitalize on the PPV's (WM or not) and balance out the rhythm. Punk and Bryan was the same. Kind of made everything dull in the end.
The problem here is the juggling of title belts, it's something that can't be done too often or else the title gets devalued, well actually the belts not worth much these days anyway so they might as well.
As long as they don't go all Rock/Mankind with it.

It has just struck me that Bryan will most likely be shafted at Mania this year again. He has had a good year - since Mania 28 - and Team No will most likely be done come Mania.

So we will either get Kane vs Bryan, or if that does not happen Bryan might not even get on the show.

If it does happen, then with Kane on the way to bowing out, he could win that match as a tank you for he service.

Kane vs Bryan also sound like a curtain jerkier to me :/
I do think Kane vs Bryan is on the cards for WM, I know most here will hate Bryan being put in a match with Kane but it would actually be one of the few things I look forward to.
Now curtain jerking isn't much of a punishment for Bryan as long as he gets at least 10 minutes this time, compared to what his WM record is so far curtain jerking is the least of his worries. Kane should put over Bryan in this situation but it'll probably be booked otherwise.
Still it's funny to think that if this match does go through at WM it will be the culmination of buildup from around last years No Way Out event until now.

I still say Kane and Orton did a pretty good job last year in the spectacle of disappointment that was WM28.

Striker

The problem here is the juggling of title belts, it's something that can't be done too often or else the title gets devalued, well actually the belts not worth much these days anyway so they might as well.
As long as they don't go all Rock/Mankind with it.
There would be no juggling of belts, nor should there be. It's just another thing of how poor storytelling is in the WWE. Why it's often the heels chasing the faces who carry the title for so long, or winning the feuds so often. Why are there so many underdog faces when they win majority of the matches? Why should we boo these heels if they constantly lose?

Top Bottom