• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I heard Heath Slater had the charges dropped. Wonder how he looks with eye makeup and if he can do the TOTAL ELIMINATION...

Why was Lex Luger never given the chance to run with the WWE Championship?

The man is basically Vince's wet dream of what a sports entertainer should look like.

The man is basically Vince's wet dream of what a sports entertainer should look like.

A couple reasons. 1: They were pot committed on Yoko, or it seems like they felt that way, and 2: Luger blabbed about winning the title allegedly and it cost him

Man God

Non-Canon Member

He was drawing horribly as top face so Vince sets up a tie with Bret Hart at RR 1994...and all of the fans cheer for Bret over him. It was pretty much the last time Vince changed his mind on fan reaction.

Honestly though they really blew it by not putting him over at SummerSlam 1993. He did have momentum back then but the screwy finish with no real followup put him in a position where Bret could take his spot.

dream

UberTag, am I a mark for believing that the main event of WrestleMania should always be a 1 on 1 match?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna grab Crow Stang, thanks. The surfer Stings left weren't derpy enough. While I've posted a couple times in Wrasslegaf threads, I've never posted a fave five, so in honor of my youth spent watching WCCW in the 80s and now again on WWE Network, my Fave Five Skandor Akbar stable members:

1) Kamala
2) Missing Link
3) Great Kabuki
4) King Kong Bundy
5) Killer Tim Brooks (if only because nobody named "Tim Brooks" should have Killer in front of their name. Maybe Plumber, or Insurance Salesman.
Welcome pal! Kamala was a ton of fun in WCCW. Crowd was left legit shook by him allllll the time.

Vylash

when we realize it's stro

QmYLeKK.gif

dream

fuck luger forever for killing liz

SERIOUSLY.

Whenever pictures are posted of Luger in rough shape and people laugh at how stupid and weak he looks, there's always someone jumping to Lex's defense, talking about how we should have compassion for the main. Fuck that. The man was a roided up drug addict who killed Elizabeth then conveniently found god once his body failed him as a result of the bad life decisions he made over two decades.

Elizabeth never posting nude will always be one of the most regretful things about this wretched sport.

So I'm curious Progress wrestling fans, are the NDVR (?) shows available on youtube worth watching if I liked Progress chapter 13? I wish I could grab shows on dvd but I assume they are all region encoded.

dream

Mark? No. You might be a weeaboo though as Japan still doesn't know that three way matches exist.

I would suggest that it's because those matches suck, and impede the storytelling potential of pro wrestling. ECW popularized a lot of really shitty things, but I think the triangle match is the absolute worst of the lot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I would suggest that it's because those matches suck, and impede the storytelling potential of pro wrestling. ECW popularized a lot of really shitty things, but I think the triangle match is the absolute worst of the lot.

They're like a drug that you think magically solves booking problems but actually just creates controversy and messy title pictures.

Then again, two of the best recent WWE title matches have been three way matches, though one of them was more 2 on 1 then a true triple threat.

dream

They're like a drug that you think magically solves booking problems but actually just creates controversy and messy title pictures.

Then again, two of the best recent WWE title matches have been three way matches, though one of them was more 2 on 1 then a true triple threat.

True, and I can't deny that the triple threat match opens up possibilities for really good matches. But if WrestleMania is the biggest event of the year, I believe that the main event should be the two top guys in the company fighting to see who's the absolute best.

Still lolling at the Rumble ending where they botched the fucking pyro, thanks to Rock standing too close to everything and had to abort it

WHAT YEAR IS THIS

Seriously, it's the look of a man who's seen and has been through so much shit that he will go ham on some fucking fools. Like a last stand kinda've look. It's hard to maintain that look cause it is such a fine line between cool guy and shitty Whole Foods employee. A line that Bryan has since diving headbutt'd to oblivion now.

This is this very line.

6j5Iam5.jpg

UberTag

True, and I can't deny that the triple threat match opens up possibilities for really good matches. But if WrestleMania is the biggest event of the year, I believe that the main event should be the two top guys in the company fighting to see who's the absolute best.
Don't think you'll get an argument from anyone on that. Especially with a proper build.

Alucard

Banned
Oh, man. So, for the past week I've been dropping tweets to ROH asking for Styles vs. ACH at the Anniversary show. Well, ask and ye shall receive, friends!

IT'S HAPPENING.
stylesachfull.jpg

Card so far:

4-corner Survival for the ROH Championship
Jay Briscoe vs. Michael Elgin vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson

ROH TV Title Match
Jay Lethal vs. Alberto El Patron

ROH Tag Title Match
reDRagon vs. The Young Bucks

AJ Styles vs. ACH

HNNNNG.

Styles vs ACH will be a lot of fun and I think it has the potential to elevate ACH in the eyes of many. Liking the ROH card so far outside of the inclusion of Hanson who does nothing for me. Not sure what he has done to deserve all the tv time and hype he gets. Maybe one of you has seen some match I have missed tho?

Top Bottom