• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Alucard

Banned
Styles vs ACH will be a lot of fun and I think it has the potential to elevate ACH in the eyes of many. Liking the ROH card so far outside of the inclusion of Hanson who does nothing for me. Not sure what he has done to deserve all the tv time and hype he gets. Maybe one of you has seen some match I have missed tho?

He's had good matches against Adam Cole and AJ Styles. They've put him against the best of the best in the company, and he's shown he can hang with 'em. I'm not his biggest fan, but I do appreciate his athleticism.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A year or two after WCW folded, I went to this field trip in school and it was like some anti-drug rally cornball fest type deal.... And one of the members of the troupe was Lex Luger.

And even a 14 or so year old me was like
This_is_a_Load_of_Barnacles.png

Alucard

Banned
Did Cena ever get back to you?

Sadly, no. Here, let's see what Cena's tweeted lately...

John Cena @JohnCena
· 11h 11 hours ago
Once again, @steveaustinbsr delivers with the #stonecoldpodcast. Great questions, even better answers. @TripleH @wwenetwork @wwe

Hell of a #SuperBowl game. Both teams left it all on the field tonight. Congrats to the @Patriots. @NFL #Respect

Most entertaining halftime show ever. Period. @katyperry #SuperBowI #SB49 @nfl

Alucard

Banned
This Grado guy is really making the rounds...

B8970DZIIAENkJ5.jpg

Seleziya is a goddess. The "Hot girls and alcohol" tagline is embarrassing, though.

I don't think I buy even for a second John Cena writes his own tweets, or even has access to the account. If he ever drunk tweeted, Vince would get into a jet and starting flying over the equator as supersonic speeds, trying to reverse time.

Pavaloo

John Cena probably codes in his spare time.

but he's the most diplomatic dude I've ever seen on Total Divas, I couldn't imagine him ever slipping up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Here's a good thread question: Is anyone in here legitimately mad that the Superkick is no longer a protected finisher and is now a DDT level set up move that anyone can do multiple times in a match without thought of a pinfall?

Someone needs to do for the superkick what Roman Reigns has done for the punch. Create a new product from it and popularize it, mold it into something great. Call it the Super Supermankick.

Dude, this happened recently...

B8r9QvwCIAItxx1.jpg:large

And we got Sabin vs. Ricochet in December as well.

Is Sabin still pretty good these days? I remember him saying that he had to change his style up a bit after coming back from injury like a year or so ago, but I haven't watched him since he was a heel in TNA

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Someone needs to do for the superkick what Roman Reigns has done for the punch. Create a new product from it and popularize it, mold it into something great. Call it the Super Supermankick.

This happens a lot with finishers. Raven used a DDT, just gave it a cool name in an era when everyone could do a DDT and get right up from it. The Sleeper Hold was another popular finisher in the eighties that other wrestlers in the same match would use as a rest hold.

I'd be fine with someone in WWE coming out with it as their finisher. They just do it better than the rest!

Shiv47

I was looking at Cena's Twitter and marveling at how bland it was, and then I saw this guy in a response to one of Cena's tweets:

FYwFhsB.png

WWE should hire this guy as heel "Dark Cena" for Cena's final run, and fans could boo him as he treats Make a Wish kids, breast cancer survivors, and vets badly, preaches about Laziness, Treachery and Douchiness (with accompanying merch), and what not. Dark Cena wins the title thanks to his cheating, dirty tactics. Real Cena would destroy him in their PPV blow off and win his 33rd and final title, after which Dark Cena's body would vanish, because Real Cena had re-absorbed his essence, because, as he'd tell us in his deeply felt post match promo, "no man is complete without his dark side. Sometimes our greatest enemies are...<snidey grin at the audience> ourselves, y'all." BRRRR APPLEDOUGH etc

Alucard

Banned
Is Sabin still pretty good these days? I remember him saying that he had to change his style up a bit after coming back from injury like a year or so ago, but I haven't watched him since he was a heel in TNA

He made a believer out of me in his match against Ricochet. I was there live, and they absolutely killed it. Sabin's in tremendous shape and can definitely go. I was so impressed that I felt the need to support the guy by buying an autographed picture of him.

Tyler Breeze was doing the superkick before the Beauty Shot for a little bit, he should keep doing that. Only problem is that the superkick looks like a way more effective finisher than the spinning heel kick
He made a believer out of me in his match against Ricochet. I was there live, and they absolutely killed it. Sabin's in tremendous shape and can definitely go. I was so impressed that I felt the need to support the guy by buying an autographed picture of him. Heh.
nice, that's pretty good to hear. Both vs. Ricochet and vs. London seem like great matches

If Reigns works a 20 minute match with Bryan and puts on a clinic most of the people probably won't have a problem cheering for him.

Absolutely. I'm fine with cheering for Reigns if he does great work, in or out of the ring. Probably won't be overjoyed if he's champ this year but that's more because he hasn't had a build up where I get emotionally invested in his bid for the belt.

Honestly they did a great job baby facing up Reigns on Monday. Bryan was working subtle heel, he was getting screwed over in the way idiotic top baby faces always are, he looked bad in his match but excellent in the final segment.

Also Ryback probably had his best singles match of his entire career on Monday!

Sooooo you're saying I should watch Raw?

Oh yeah that shit? Couldn't create a full fledged PPV card cause it kept glitching and reset all the matches I've made. So I turned it off and haven't played it since that stream.

Are you on PS4? Cause you should add me -- DrDuncanSteel

:(

Awesome I'll add you tonight, I added a few WrassleGAF people on PSN last night.

This happens a lot with finishers. Raven used a DDT, just gave it a cool name in an era when everyone could do a DDT and get right up from it. The Sleeper Hold was another popular finisher in the eighties that other wrestlers in the same match would use as a rest hold.

I'd be fine with someone in WWE coming out with it as their finisher. They just do it better than the rest!
Was it WWE All Stars where Piper's sleeper hold finish was basically him breaking the other's guy's neck

I can see that working today as a finisher.

XenoRaven

Here's a good thread question: Is anyone in here legitimately mad that the Superkick is no longer a protected finisher and is now a DDT level set up move that anyone can do multiple times in a match without thought of a pinfall?
I think it's great because it provides smaller guys a believable momentum reversing strike. Basically what a good lariat can do for a bigger guy.

Shiv47

Wrestling has been victim to the same power creep that comic book characters have been. I presume because as guys are in better shape, they can do crazier moves that replace the older ones. DDT should still be a finisher though.

Vylash

superkicks.gif

seems protected to me, friend

Alucard

Banned
Just finished this week's ROH. Pretty fun episode. Some filler comedy matches to start, but the main even 3-way for the TV title was good times, and seeing Adam Cole be a dick is always entertaining.

Using this free month of the Network to watch mid 90's WCW for the first time, and these cruiserweight matches are so good, look how fast Rey Mysterio is, this is great. His tights aren't a great look though.

Also did people like the Hogan NWO interviews? I'm in August at the moment, I just find them long winded, the backstage paid for promotions are great though.

Top Bottom