• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

Nyoro SF

Arc USA is on twitter saying Xrd runs at 60fps in both modes for ps3

See "run at 60fps" is rather ambiguous. When I did Quality with May vs. Faust on May Ship II, I could SEE the drops, it was making me and my friend a little sick/dizzy.

I'm sure it runs at 60fps under OPTIMAL scenarios (Arena with May vs. May?), but why take that risk? I won't.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There is no World of Capcom or Street Fighter panel at the Playstation Experience like there is at every other major event so...

The likelihood of a new fighting game announcement just skyrocketed.

Well, MP-only games aren't new, I mean ones that had those modes in active development and they weren't ready for launch. Titanfall wasn't supposed to have SP, it was selling SP-in-MP from the jump.

That's Bioshock Infinite. The multiplayer got cut because they did not have the time or resources to make it work. Is there an implied that this cut mode eventually gets finished up and added to the game in a later update?

Dahbomb

Just got back from work, turned on GAF and I had half missed the DMC news if I hadn't checked FGW.

Now I can't control my shakes... I am biting my fist to control myself.

dfd5455e0cd64bae5218037e1890465e.jpeg

Kumubou

Spooky put a video up for NEC. Seems a lot of big names are there for KOF.
https://t.co/Z1tkiRrDSH
Seeing this, I just realized that UNIEL got promoted to the main stream for top 8. Nice.

There is no World of Capcom or Street Fighter panel at the Playstation Experience like there is at every other major event so...

The likelihood of a new fighting game announcement just skyrocketed.
To my understanding (from seeing some information from the Last Hours of Titanfall doc), Titanfall was originally planned to have a full single player campaign, but it got dropped early-ish as it became apparent to Respawn they were going to be resource-limited throughout development.

Personally, I would be OK with things shifting back to more focused and defined games instead of trying to cram everything for everyone at once, but I doubt that will happen since that's the current formula for the biggest games.

I really hope Ono announces a new fighting game. Based on everything he's saying, it's very likely. I try not to allow myself to get too excited, though.

Beesuit

I really hope Ono announces a new fighting game. Based on everything he's saying, it's very likely. I try not to allow myself to get too excited, though.

Capcpom presents:
Mar-
Tekken X Street Fighter.
Both games were being produced by Ono all along.

Ono-San: "Harro evrywon, taking pictura wit branka now please. On phree, shoryuken okay!"

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Now that I think about it, Ultra shouldn't get a PS4/XB1 port. It isn't going to make a difference in terms of sales or adding new players into the mix. Just try and fix whatever is already here and work on that SFV.

Zissou

I cannot imagine Ono possibly saying anything not disappointing
unless you're smart and lower your expectations so far it's impossible to be disappointed :(

I don't know what they will announce, maybe not a fighting game.

I do know that I haven't seen a Wii-U adapter yet, making me want one even more.

CPS2

Now that I think about it, Ultra shouldn't get a PS4/XB1 port. It isn't going to make a difference in terms of sales or adding new players into the mix. Just try and fix whatever is already here and work on that SFV.
Even if it did add new players, I doubt it would change who the best players are or how the game is played.

Question for Guilty Gear folks:

Can anyone explain May's playstyle? Is it to put stuff on the screen and then move in under that cover.. ?

Rhapsody

Banned
Question for Guilty Gear folks:

Can anyone explain May's playstyle? Is it to put stuff on the screen and then move in under that cover.. ?

I actually treat her pretty free form imo. You can apply those dolphin rings depending on the matchup if you want.

Been using them as some oki at the moment and to combo after her 6K overhead.

She just has a lot of options, so I'd say mess around until you feel comfortable with all of it. Rings/hoops could probably help with getting in on some matchups, but I'm not at that level on how to advise on how to use them. A lot of these are Xrd specific stuff paired with matchups.

Dahbomb

curious, what's your take on DmC?
It's a very good action game and a great starter action game for someone new to the genre without assaulting you with QTEs like some other Western action games do.

It doesn't reach the depths of a standard DMC game but if you are the type to not play a game again after you beat it then DmC is an excellent rental or budget title.

Solid 8/10. This was my opinion of the game day 1 when I beat it and I hold it 2 years after the fact. I would not be mad at a DmC2 but I would still greatly prefer DMC5 over it.

I actually treat her pretty free form imo. You can apply those dolphin rings depending on the matchup if you want.

Been using them as some oki at the moment and to combo after her 6K overhead.

She just has a lot of options, so I'd say mess around until you feel comfortable with all of it. Rings/hoops could probably help with getting in on some matchups, but I'm not at that level on how to advise on how to use them. A lot of these are Xrd specific stuff paired with matchups.

Mmm, thanks. The 'lot of options' is kinda it. It's like 'How is one supposed to be applying all this.. ?" Probably just need more experience.

kirblar

How is GG on PS3 holding up for people?

That B2G1 free offer suddenly has me looking for a 3rd game to go with Dragon Age (PC) and Guilty Gear, but only if GG isn't problematic.

How is GG on PS3 holding up for people?

That B2G1 free offer suddenly has me looking for a 3rd game to go with Dragon Age (PC) and Guilty Gear, but only if GG isn't problematic.
GG is problematic because it doesn't come out until after the promotion ends.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How easy is it to unlock the iOS Injustice costumes for the console game?

The app is massive in size, not sure if it's worth even clearing space and syncing to my phone.

Beats

Been looking for the past half hour online/in game, and I cannot find an invite option in a player match lobby in the PS4 version of Xrd. pls help. : <

Top Bottom