• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I'm working on the MG God Gundam right now but I'm waiting for my new clippers(thanks for the link in the GBFT thread). The runner that has all the inner frame pieces is just too damn solid for my crappy clippers. Have both the MG Crossbone X-1 and the MG Turn A in my backlog too. Very, very excited to build the Turn A. MG Goose is the next kit I want to get. RG Wing Zero Custom too, that'll be my first RG.

Unicorn PG looks sick, hope I can get it one day. Not actually a fan of most PG kits. Probably has something to do with the fact that I really dislike most of the suits from 00 and SEED lol. I really want my first PG to be the Zaku 30th Anniversary but it's routinely $250+

Nice set of kits you've got there. I've got the MG Turn A and RG Wing Zero coming in as well as soon as HLJ has them in stock. I think you'll like those clippers. I got them around Christmas last year and haven't looked back. The flush cut means that you can put them right up to the plastic without causing white stress marks, so it makes the whole job easier. Lot less nub to sand down.

I'm really happy to add PG Unicorn to my collection. It's going be my first PG. I actually like most of the PGs that have been released. Been on the edge of buying Astray Red for some time and still will probably buy it some day. The PG line has had two major misses in 00 Gundam and Strike Freedom (screw that crap design anyway), so I'm glad to see Unicorn seems like a return to form. Once they announced the fully lit inner frame, I had to have it. I had to sell some stuff to afford it, but so far from the images out there I'm glad I did.

Acid08

Banned
Nice set of kits you've got there. I've got the MG Turn A and RG Wing Zero coming in as well as soon as HLJ has them in stock. I think you'll like those clippers. I got them around Christmas last year and haven't looked back. The flush cut means that you can put them right up to the plastic without causing white stress marks, so it makes the whole job easier. Lot less nub to sand down.

I'm really happy to add PG Unicorn to my collection. It's going be my first PG. I actually like most of the PGs that have been released. Been on the edge of buying Astray Red for some time and still will probably buy it some day. The PG line has had two major misses in 00 Gundam and Strike Freedom (screw that crap design anyway), so I'm glad to see Unicorn seems like a return to form. Once they announced the fully lit inner frame, I had to have it. I had to sell some stuff to afford it, but so far from the images out there I'm glad I did.

Building the MG God has actually made me really appreciate how far the engineering on these things has come. That kit is from 2003 and even the F91, which came out four years later, is just leaps and bounds better. Big thing being no damn screws for the inner frame lol, that was a shock to me when I opened the box.

yami4ct

Building the MG God has actually made me really appreciate how far the engineering on these things has come. That kit is from 2003 and even the F91, which came out four years later, is just leaps and bounds better. Big thing being no damn screws for the inner frame lol, that was a shock to me when I opened the box.

You should grab a Nu ver Ka., Hi-Nu ver. Ka or especially the Sazabi ver Ka. The last one is a bit expensive, but those are the top of the line MG kits. Just astounding stuff. I also have to say both the MG Epiyon and MG X are really cool even by modern MG standards. The foil material used for the X satellite panels is gorgeous. Cannot wait for the MG Double X early next year.

chrono01

What do you think about that Max Factory Wo-Class, chrono? $250 after shipping? I have no doubt this is going to be another WONDERFUL HOBBY SELECTION.
Definitely a Wonderful Hobby Selection figure. I'm feeling...between 17,000-19,000 yen. She's large, but she doesn't have a lot of the cannons that Yamato/Musashi does, so she might be slightly cheaper than those were. Maybe This IS Max Factory, after all.

Zerojul

You should grab a Nu ver Ka., Hi-Nu ver. Ka or especially the Sazabi ver Ka. The last one is a bit expensive, but those are the top of the line MG kits. Just astounding stuff. I also have to say both the MG Epiyon and MG X are really cool even by modern MG standards. The foil material used for the X satellite panels is gorgeous. Cannot wait for the MG Double X early next year.

I built Nu ver. Ka and X a few months ago and I must say they look awesome even without adding too much detail to the initial build. Can't recommend them enough.
On a side note I wonder when XX will be available for preorder. Should be anytime now if it's due early next year :/

Off topic guys, but I feel more comfortable talking with you than the rest of the forum. Gotta love being surprised, christmas came early:

STtvF5L.jpg

And I didn't even ask for it, don't know how they found out that I was looking for it.

Giolon

Off topic guys, but I feel more comfortable talking with you than the rest of the forum. Gotta love being surprised, christmas came early:

And I didn't even ask for it, don't know how they found out that I was looking for it.

Both of those games are great. Be sure to pick up the DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors. The amount of content you get is quite high, and you can get Twili Midna! My only complaint is they don't work her into the campaign.

Both of those games are great. Be sure to pick up the DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors. The amount of content you get is quite high, and you can get Twili Midna! My only complaint is they don't work her into the campaign.

Thanks, I'll make sure to get the DLC pack
as soon as I get some money here.

How I wish there was a Twili Midna figure...

omlet

Speaking of being surprised... I guess USPS is doing overtime deliveries today or something. I just got home from the grocery store to find these on my porch. :D

I almost don't even want to open Shinku's box... it's so nice...
what is wrong with me...

My nendo count just tripled... and a few more are in the mail on the way...
what is wrong with me...

george_us

Excellent pick ups. Bayonetta 2 is far and away my GOTY and Hyrule Warriors may be the best of the "Warriors" series.

Damn, thats pretty awesome. Loved both of these, though I've only completed Bayo 1, and not 2 yet.

Excellent pick ups. Bayonetta 2 is far and away my GOTY and Hyrule Warriors may be the best of the "Warriors" series.

Damn, thats pretty awesome. Loved both of these, though I've only completed Bayo 1, and not 2 yet.

Thanks guys. I'll only have a little time to play them, though, since I'll be going on a trip next sunday and will only have my portables with me, but when I come back I'll be sure to finish them all.

Now I am kinda regreting not getting that Link amiibo that I saw here.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

Thanks, I'll make sure to get the DLC pack
as soon as I get some money here.

How I wish there was a Twili Midna figure...

=D Make sure, if you have the premium Wii U, to buy it before the end of the month so it works toward your point back if you can reach the 500 points mark, as the points campaign is gone next year ;__;
https://p.nintendo.net/premium/
Please note: the deadline for earning points in the Nintendo Network Premium reward programme is 31st December 2014. Only eligible purchases or eligible download codes used in Nintendo eShop for Wii U before 31st December 2014 will qualify for this promotion. The deadline to exchange your points for an activation code is 31st March 2015.
Thanks guys. I'll only have a little time to play them, though, since I'll be going on a trip next sunday and will only have my portables with me, but when I come back I'll be sure to finish them all.

Now I am kinda regreting not getting that Link amiibo that I saw here.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif
No worries on Link Amiibo lol, no chance that's discontinuing XD

=D Make sure, if you have the premium Wii U, to buy it before the end of the month so it works toward your point back if you can reach the 500 points mark, as the points campaign is gone next year ;__;
https://p.nintendo.net/premium/

No worries on Link Amiibo lol, no chance that's discontinuing XD

Damn, why did you had to remind me of that, I have a premium Wii U and need 140 points to get $5.

Nooo.

And I hope you're right about the amiibo.

Neo Dark

Nice! Don't forget to turn on network options for Hyrule warriors do you will spot pass in adventure mode.

Why is the box like that BTW? What region is it?

Damn, why did you had to remind me of that, I have a premium Wii U and need 140 points to get $5.

Nooo.

And I hope you're right about the amiibo.
Yup. Link has the most function and is the best seller. Nintendo knows this and so does the consumers so he's here to stay

Speaking of being surprised... I guess USPS is doing overtime deliveries today or something. I just got home from the grocery store to find these on my porch. :D

what is wrong with me...

what is wrong with me...
I'm jealous. Shinku is my favorite Rozen maiden

omlet

Took a while but finally got Shimakaze set up. She has lots of little parts and her stands are kind of hard to adjust.

Also the self-propelled-projectile-weapon-firing-smoke-cloud falls off very easily.

Kind of a shame she only comes with two faces. Still, it's pretty good. Thorough as usual for GSC. Looking forward to getting Amatsukaze so they can be friends.

Ryuuroden

Took a while but finally got Shimakaze set up. She has lots of little parts and her stands are kind of hard to adjust.

Also the missile-firing-smoke-cloud falls off very easily.

Kind of a shame she only comes with two faces. Still, it's pretty good. Thorough as usual for GSC. Looking forward to getting Amatsukaze so they can be friends.

I think those have to be torpedo's because Shimakaze didn't have missiles (no ship did from that era (well im sure some had rockets for shore bombardment but nothing guided. (just guns and like 18 or 22 torpedo tubes.)

Nice! Don't forget to turn on network options for Hyrule warriors do you will spot pass in adventure mode.

Why is the box like that BTW? What region is it?

Yup. Link has the most function and is the best seller. Nintendo knows this and so does the consumers so he's here to stay

Thanks, I turned on the network options, I was thinking about what that would do, so this helps. The region is SA/LA (South/Latin America). It is only a sleeve, the normal box is still inside it, they did that to translate the contents of the box without having to do a new one, IIRC.

Discontinue the most popular Amiibo?

Nintendo can't be that crazy.

I hope so.

Hey guys, how many of you still subscribe to crunchyroll? I'm kinda thinking of cancelling my subscription after a couple shows end. I don't watch all that much anymore, and aside from the two or three shows I really dig, it just feels like a hassle to watch stuff.

Giolon

Hey guys, how many of you still subscribe to crunchyroll? I'm kinda thinking of cancelling my subscription after a couple shows end. I don't watch all that much anymore, and aside from the two or three shows I really dig, it just feels like a hassle to watch stuff.

Crunchyroll is still the most convenient way to watch the majority of the anime shows that come out each season, and they don't have quite as much of a problem with shows disappearing from the back catalog as they used to. I'll probably have my subscription for however long I'm still interested in watching anime shows and they continue to support all the devices I want to watch anime on. I was paying for it when the only show they had was Naruto Shippuuden, so I feel like I'm getting far more than my $5 / mo worth.

george_us

I cancelled mine after Kill la Kill ended. Outside of a few shows, I haven't watch much anime since the early 2000s. How many shows do you find yourself keeping up with per season? I'd say if it's three or more, it'd be worth it to keep your sub.

I cancelled mine after Kill la Kill ended. Outside of a few shows, I haven't watch much anime since the early 2000s. How many shows do you find yourself keeping up with per season? I'd say if it's three or more, it'd be worth it to keep your sub.

It varies. I try out a bunch of shows but end up losing interest in most of them.

chrono01

I've been a subscriber for a few years now. I watch quite a few shows though, so if you're only watching one or two it might not be worth it.

That being said, it's not exactly expensive, but if you're not using the service you might as well cancel it.

You'll re-subscribe when Satsuki-sama returns in the second season of Kill la Kill. It had better get a second season!

You'll re-subscribe when Satsuki-sama returns in the second season of Kill la Kill. It had better get a second season!

I don't know, I'm pretty sure that's a one-and-done series. There doesn't seem like a whole lot of potential for more without grasping at straws for a plot.

I am enjoying Parasyte immensely, so I'll at least keep it until that ends. But there'll probably be new anime worth checking out next season. I'm really just playing with ideas to cut expenses where I can. No real reason aside from trying not to be wasteful.

Einbroch

Banned
Is the only benefit to CR that you don't have to wait a week to watch the newest episodes and that some older series are available?

Because I've found the free version to be just fine.

Is the only benefit to CR that you don't have to wait a week to watch the newest episodes and that some older series are available?

Because I've found the free version to be just fine.

I've been watching a few of the things on Funimation's site for free, and waiting the extra week isn't really a big deal. Ads are a smidge annoying, though.

Einbroch

Banned
I've been watching a few of the things on Funimation's site for free, and waiting the extra week isn't really a big deal. Ads are a smidge annoying, though.
Ad-block. If you feel guilty, sub for one month then unsub. You've given them more in that month than they would make all year running ads to you. I do that with Twitch. Sub for one month, turn on Ad-block. Or buy one of their marked up things in the store...

good stuff. i just started my replay of Bayo 1, this time on WiiU. will jump right to Bayo 2 after that. P doesn't disappoint.

good stuff. i just started my replay of Bayo 1, this time on WiiU. will jump right to Bayo 2 after that. P doesn't disappoint.

I played just a bit of it, but it was very good indeed. I just hope that there were more reasonably priced figures of it.

Also, guys, I forgot to mention: I had character creation courses, complete with clay modeling.

Garage kits, here I come, though the first ones will probably look like this:

cajunator

Banned

congrats! Great games!

what is wrong with me...

what is wrong with me...

USPS delivered something last night to me also. I think they are doing late deliveries to make up for Christmas delays.

Me. I doubt Ill cancel it soon.

Ryuuroden

I still subscribe. Got to make up for all those years of having nothing but piracy because there were to streaming options. Since it is cheap I feel obligated to support it. If it was more costly I might have second thoughts but the monthly cost is so low.

Subscribed for around 3 months at the moment. I used it to keep up with a bunch of shows. But usually at some point I'll drop a bunch and finish them whenever.

I'm hoping they get Symphogear Season 3 over Funi just because Funi's player drops all aliasing 10 seconds after the video starts for some reason. Very noticeable jaggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom