• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
I really don't like when they put a character into a swimsuit or bunnysuit. Armored girls are hnnnnnnng.

Their clothing is where the creators can go truly wild. There are only so many hairstyles and eye colors, and when you put them into generic articles of clothing I think they really lose a lot of their personality.

imo, duh

I really don't like when they put a character into a swimsuit or bunnysuit. Armored girls are hnnnnnnng.

Their clothing is where the creators can go truly wild. There are only so many hairstyles and eye colors, and when you put them into generic articles of clothing I think they really lose a lot of their personality.

imo, duh
While in a way I agree with that in most cases, the bunnysuit specifically is a special case.

You guys have your boats, I have my bunnies.
I do agree on the armored bit. Hilda was the hottest character in Soul Calibur.

Ultimadrago

I too find most bunnysuit/swimsuit outfits to be boring.

Not a fan of armor girls either, but at least those can come with some potentially unique, intricate designs.

Probably not new info to anyone but me, but I just spotted JP Sakura Miku is available again for preorder on GSC. I haven't had a Miku for a while (nendo or figure) and I think I've warmed up to Sakura a bit more now...

07_74_39_1.jpg

Yeah, I think I'll put an order in.

Is there an option on Amiami like hlj's Private Warehouse? I want to buy some stuff but I don't want it shipped right away as it might arrive at the office on a day I am off for the holidays

omlet

Probably not new info to anyone but me, but I just spotted JP Sakura Miku is available again for preorder on GSC. I haven't had a Miku for a while (nendo or figure) and I think I've warmed up to Sakura a bit more now...

I put my order in last week. :D I am weak.

I might end up just selling it. I'm not big on Miku but seemed like a good one to snag while I could.

Is there an option on Amiami like hlj's Private Warehouse? I want to buy some stuff but I don't want it shipped right away as it might arrive at the office on a day I am off for the holidays

I haven't used private warehouse so I'm not sure exactly how it works. Amiami lets you pick "monthly order" when checking out. You can combine several things into a monthly order but they won't let you just up and delay the purchase/shipment (beyond waiting a few days until the deadline for the payment request). This feature mostly is only useful for preorders. If you are buying pre-owned stuff they will not hold it for you until the end of the month and you'll get your payment request within a few days (at least last time I tried to put together a monthly of in-stock things this is what happened to me).

Now, if you were to contact their customer service they might work something out for you, but there's no real way to do it via standard checkout procedure.

I haven't used private warehouse so I'm not sure exactly how it works. Amiami lets you pick "monthly order" when checking out. You can combine several things into a monthly order but they won't let you just up and delay the purchase/shipment (beyond waiting a few days until the deadline for the payment request). This feature mostly is only useful for preorders. If you are buying pre-owned stuff they will not hold it for you until the end of the month and you'll get your payment request within a few days (at least last time I tried to put together a monthly of in-stock things this is what happened to me).

Now, if you were to contact their customer service they might work something out for you, but there's no real way to do it via standard checkout procedure.

Private Warehouse is pretty cool, you buy your figures and instead of have them shipped they are stored until you want them shipped only at that moment they charge you for shipping, Amiami will be better with a feature like this, here I am wanting to buy some stuff there, but it's going to get here during the holidays and I am off those days, I am going to wait a little before ordering, hopefully these figures wont be sold out by then.

NEO0MJ

Looks like I managed to secure a Blodia! Man, buying the Blodia and Yamato has reawakened the itch to buy more figures. Gotta stay strong and resist! Until these two I haven't bought a figure in almost 3 years!

Help figure gaf! My Satsuki nendoroid got sent back by customs what do I do!

Get in contact with the vendor who shipped it to let them know and then find out why. Not much you can do now that it's been sent back, but you definitely want to figure everything out so they can just ship it back with whatever needs to be corrected to get it to pass.

lonely

Sent back? Why?
Well it was sent out late in the first place due to my bank thinking my card was being used falsely. So my preorder wasn't actually sent out until mid November. This lead to my budget being messed up for the month and I didn't have enough to pay off customs until I got payed, Friday just gone, but after looking at my customs letter I saw that parcel force return unpaid customs after 20 days. I ordered from GSC online store is there anything I can do?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
That's odd. If they suspect the value declared is understated, or if there's no declared value, they should at least ask you to provide a receipt/proof of purchase instead of sending it back immediately.

EDIT: Oh, unpaid customs; yeah they'll send it back. You can ask GSC to re-send it when they receive it. You'll have to pay for shipping again though. I had to do something similar after customs misread the declared value and wanted me to pay over 100 euros. I refused, it went back, and I had it re-shipped. All in all it took half a year until I finally had it.

chrono01

Is there any scale figure that's actually releasing this month from GSC/Max Factory/Phat?
Super Sonico - Tiger Parka Ver. released this month.

...I think that's it. >_<

There's also Chachamaru from Wing, who I also have pre-ordered.

January is looking like it might kill me now, though.

07_74_39_1.jpg

If I didn't already own the previous Sakura Miku Nendoroid, this one would already be pre-ordered. However, since I do, I'm finding it difficult to order another when the only difference are a few different accessories and a slight change of paint. :(

Oh man, now I want that mech.

EDIT: Noo, january.

Yeah, I know. That's pretty much the reason I'm probably going to pass. No knowledge of the character, and that January. Ugh.

Looks like Psychic got delayed again, but fuck it. Cancelled anyway. Those torpedo nipples kill it for me.

If I didn't already own the previous Sakura Miku Nendoroid, this one would already be pre-ordered. However, since I do, I'm finding it difficult to order another when the only difference are a few different accessories and a slight change of paint. :(

Yeah, I'm really tempted on that Sakura nendo. So cuuuuuuute.

cajunator

Banned

imo, duh

Iagree mostly. I avoid bathing/swimsuits and most bunnygirl costumes because they are so simple. HOWEVER I have made noticeable exceptions for when I have multiples of a character, such as Charles, Laura, and Kuroneko, all of which I hae either a beach queen or bunny girl figure of. I also have a figure of Kuro Usagi but shes an actual rabbit girl.
Otherwise, I much like the outfits the shows have the characters in and the more detailed and cuter the better! This is why I particularly love magical girl shows and figures.

Question regarding shipping. What's the best method? SAL, EMS..etc? How big of a risk is it to do unregistered?

SAL is fine most times, but this time of the year, you're looking at a month wait. If you need it soon, go EMS.

SAL unregistered is fine. But if you need peace of mind, pay the extra monies.

StayDead

SAL is fine most times, but this time of the year, you're looking at a month wait. If you need it soon, go EMS.

SAL unregistered is fine. But if you need peace of mind, pay the extra monies.

If you're in the UK and want to avoid royal mails dumb handling fee SAL unregistered takes the same amount of time and usually avoids it. If you're in the UK as well never use EMS as Parcelforce handle it and they're rip off merchants.

If you're in the UK and want to avoid royal mails dumb handling fee SAL unregistered takes the same amount of time and usually avoids it. If you're in the UK as well never use EMS as Parcelforce handle it and they're rip off merchants.

I'm in Canada, but it would be nice to know if there are any things like this to watch out for here. Assuming Royal Mail is similar to Canada Post (government run), then I have no problem with them handling the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom