• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never subbed to crunchyroll because I don't have time for subs...I wish there was a good service option for dubbed anime. Netflix used to be good but they update anime at a snail's pace these days

omlet

Suigintou is bullying Shinku (again).

MjEmppo.jpg

TtNoJg2.jpg

3qprOE4.jpg

S0vi7Uc.jpg

DcbHZHX.jpg

Shinku probably did something to deserve it.

Giolon

I've never subbed to crunchyroll because I don't have time for subs...I wish there was a good service option for dubbed anime. Netflix used to be good but they update anime at a snail's pace these days

Funimation puts most of their dub content on their subscription site. It's not out as fast as the sub, but it is an option.

I generally don't mind dubs, but they're definitely not a timely solution if you want to see something while people are still discussing it.

omlet

omg the nendoriods.

Must... wait... for ... full ... figures...

Shinku actually has several.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/116 Alter
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/42 GSC
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/180750 Griffon

No such luck for Suigintou :\ (she has some great GKs though, and actual dolls if you're into those) which is a little odd considering even Suiseiseki has this and you'd think Suigintou would be high on the list of to-make-figures-of after Shinku.

Honestly I don't think any of Shinku's scales look all that great. I'm happy with the nendos. You would be, too, if you got them :D!

Bombless

So I ran into a problem with Corvo's prize. Hobby Search does not allow shipping to an alternate adress and they were the only store with it still in stock.

Shot them an email on friday evening JP time explaining the issue and reason why I wanted to buy it from them and they replied this morning that they completely understand and that I just need to put the adress in the comments field. Also they advised me to order asap because it was their last kit (re-release next year apparently).

Once again I'm super happy with Hobby Search customer service. I should put some orders with them next year.

88e7cd743c21fa0db00c5f77c2d9150c.jpg

Can't wait! I just hope the bike comes as is and won't require stickers application.

So I ran into a problem with Corvo's prize. Hobby Search does not allow shipping to an alternate adress and they were the only store with it still in stock.

Shot them an email on friday evening JP time explaining the issue and reason why I wanted to buy it from them and they replied this morning that they completely understand and that I just need to put the adress in the comments field. Also they advised me to order asap because it was their last kit (re-release next year apparently).

Once again I'm super happy with Hobby Search customer service. I should put some orders with them next year.

Great customer service. Always nice to read a success story!

cajunator

Banned
Damn so just about my entire December order just got delayed to January. Good for Christmas, but it makes January EVEN WORSE. Like 800$ worse.

WolfStark

Hot Toys continues with Star Wars stuff (with so many Iron Mans they sure should add more not Iron Man things). For some reason Boba Fett won't be in 1/6 but in 1/4 scale, different from Han Solo, Chewie, the Stormtroopers which are all in 1/6.

10864016_10152475995287344_8872554048704215518_o.jpg

Yaari

Love the Hot Toys stuff but it probably wouldn't work too well with my already existant anime figure collection haha.

My only pre-order left is Sinon which I'm not really sure about anymore. Probably should have given that some extra thought..

Zerojul

Hot Toys continues with Star Wars stuff (with so many Iron Mans they sure should add more not Iron Man things). For some reason Boba Fett won't be in 1/6 but in 1/4 scale, different from Han Solo, Chewie, the Stormtroopers which are all in 1/6.
Looks awesome, but I just started a 1/6 SW collection so I'll wait for one in the same scale :/

Such is her power that every time I see her I just want to shout MAKO MANKANSHOKU!

Though I won't be buying her, not till its her amazing two star uniform.

I generally don't mind dubs, but they're definitely not a timely solution if you want to see something while people are still discussing it.
luckily timeliness isnt too big of a deal to me. Usually if I want to discuss something I just convince some friends to watch it after Ive seen it.

Funimation puts most of their dub content on their subscription site. It's not out as fast as the sub, but it is an option.
Ive known about this and I've been meaning to look into it, though I don't know how worth it it would be to pay a subscription for 1 publisher

NEO0MJ

With the current exchange rate and that discount, even with EMS shipping it's 60~70€ less than what I woud have had to pay for him around here.
For those who are into model kits, they've got 50% off Kotobukiya's G Compatible Kaiser.
A lot of stuff really, it may be worth a look.
http://www.hlj.com/happy-holidays-2014.html

Made use of this for the Blodia and Yamato. Blodia was low stock when I ordered, hope I managed to grab one.

HLJ is doing "Holidays Sales" right now. Got this guy for 28% off :

With the current exchange rate and that discount, even with EMS shipping it's 60~70€ less than what I woud have had to pay for him around here.
For those who are into model kits, they've got 50% off Kotobukiya's G Compatible Kaiser.
A lot of stuff really, it may be worth a look.
http://www.hlj.com/happy-holidays-2014.html

Speaking of these holiday sales, attention Berserk fans, Figma Casca is part of these deals and is going for only 2.800 yen until supplies last or until December 25th, whatever comes first.

http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC44364

I snagged one for myself since I am going after the whole Berserk figures from Figma.

I know a few of you here are Berserk fans as well, so is a good chance to get this figure.

Do most of them care when you ship to an alternate address? I get everything I order shipped to work because I've had way too many packages go "missing" when they end up with Canada Post.

Made use of this for the Blodia and Yamato. Blodia was low stock when I ordered, hope I managed to grab one.

Looking at the Yamato figure too. Whoever was trying to convince me to complete the Yamato set... damn you.

That's one buff ass motherfucker.

Smart man. Wearing loose pants to hide the fact that he skipped leg day.

Nendoroid Noiz & Twitter Header Banner Change!
o0515051413159459191.jpg

From the popular PC game ‘DRAMAtical Murder’ comes a Nendoroid of the genius Rhymer, Noiz! He comes with three expressions including his standard calm expression and a provocative smile.

His cube-type ‘ALL-MATE’ Usagimodoki is included in two different sizes for all sorts of posing options. His optional parts also allow you to pose him sitting down, or without his hat – simply select the pose that you think suits him best!
Oooooooooooohhhhhhh!!! ヽ(´ω`*)ノ

From the popular game ‘DRAMAtical Murder’ comes an adorable Nendoroid of the ‘Rhymer’ who excels at computers and hacking, Noiz!

Everything that captures his unique look and personality has been carefully preserved on the Nendoroid – from the trademark pin on his hat to the relaxed yet sharp gaze in his eyes. It’s an amazing balance of cute and cool that fits Noiz so nicely!! ♪

This is actually the second Nendoroid from the game, following on from the previously released Nendoroid Aoba!

This is how he looks from the back! ☆
o0515048313159459477.jpg

The details and patterns on his hat and other little accessories are lovely! The lime green and dark blue colors that make up his outfit look just like they did in the game!! ヘ(゚∀゚*)ノ

(・∀・) “We took the separation of colors to the utmost limits for this Nendoroid!”

We’re joined by the figure’s planner, Ohno-shi!

(・∀・) “Aoba also had a very intricate set of paintwork on his outfit, and we wanted to ensure Noiz’s lived up to that same level of quality. Various parts of his outfit feature pin point details too – like the shiny paintwork on the badge, or the paintwork of the sharply sculpted studs on his arms! Each and every part of his outfit was very carefully considered!”
o0515053913159459190.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------
(・∀・) “I’m sure fans will enjoy this confident smile though!”
o0515065613159641915.jpg

Hey! His hat is missing!! <&#9675;><&#9675;>

(&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;) “That’s right! He comes with alternate hair and head parts that allow you to display him without his hat!”

Oooh! Lovely!! (*´&#1044;&#65344;)=&#1079;

His hair has a rather gentle coloring to it underneath the hat! Not to mention the details of the earrings all over his hears!!

(&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;) “We couldn’t quite include every single earring on the Nendoroid… but we discussed with the publisher which should be left on the Nendoroid! It still keeps that heavily pierced feeling of Noiz, without breaking down the Nendoroid look!”

It’s great to have a publisher willing to help out on decisions like that! He looks great!!
A big thanks to Nitro+CHiRAL!

Moving onto his final expression parts…
o0515062913159459478.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------
o0515049413159459950.jpg
Garage kit festival, more at links:

Arclaid

Garage kits. Garage kits as far as the eye can see.

I thought Alter wasn't under the Good Smile Company umbrella? Either way, I feel your pain. I'm wondering if it's a good sign that Amiami closed preorders for him, though.

Whoops. Yeah, you're right. Not sure how I got that mixed up.

A large part of me expects it to be delayed again, but there's still 2 weeks left to go, so fingers crossed!

NotLiquid

SAL finally came through and over a month later I finally got Kirigiri. I really forget how good Phat's figures are sometimes. Makes me all the more excited about Chiaki.

Got the EX version of Alleyne as well so I'm picking that up tomorrow. With all the delayed stuff to January I need to find a new apartment, I have no more room for this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom