• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be one head, two different bodies. I really...really hope that's not the case, as that means a lot of $$$.

I'd hope that isn't the case, simply because at that point, why bother making it one SKU? You have 95% of a second figure!

Only way I can see it POSSIBLY working, is if the legs are separate, hinged at the crotch, and then have two separate heads and pairs of arms.

You can tell Christmas is ramping up in Japan. Took forever to ship yami's prize and Corvo's still hasn't shipped out.

Luckily for me my four figures are already in my country, three I'll pick up tomorrow and the fourth is stuck at customs, but by the time that I come back it will be ready to go.

Seems like NeoGAF ads have figured out what just happened to my wallet...

wallet_dead.png

Bombless

I'd hope that isn't the case, simply because at that point, why bother making it one SKU? You have 95% of a second figure!

Only way I can see it POSSIBLY working, is if the legs are separate, hinged at the crotch, and then have two separate heads and pairs of arms.

Yup, the body separates on the thong line, new set of arms and you're set.

This is so true.

Ironically enough, the ad at the top of my page is for a credit card. :/

Mine is a company that serves ads lol.

I just noticed that AdBlock is apparently blocking ads here, despite me telling it not to. And I can't find the option to stop it, because it thinks it is? Hrm time to look into this...
EDIT: It's fixed, I have ads now. Not sure why it was doing that.

I think I remember a mod saying a while back that they won't ban you for that anymore. I could be wrong, so better to be safe than sorry.

yami4ct

Well, look what arrived today.

Already build Winning. Nice little build. A bit disappointed with the part separation. The cross on the shield, the arm bands, and the hip armor are all stickers. Not as decent in terms of part separation as I'd expect from your typical HG. The kit sits weirdly in the middle of HG and SD. It's a super fun little kit, though, and I'd certainly recommend it to most. If you like the design, I'd say you'll likely dig the kit.

Started work on Hi-Nu as well. Just built one arm and the torso unit. Fantastic build already. Just super beefy with these round, almost organic lines you don't see on a typical gundam. Kit is going to be quite special when fully built.

Haven't really touched the Unicorn yet. Messed with the LEDs a bit and surprised to see that they're white. Color all comes from the Psychoframe itself. Will make it easy for other makers to make replacement Psychoframe for whatever color you want, with the most obvious being the green Awakening edition. Also means the same LED kit will work for any future versions of the kit Bandai chooses to release. Also built the base real quick. Super neat. Really well channeled to hold the wire. Really sturdy and just big all around. Glad it's included with the kit by default.

Well I've fixed it now. I know it's bannable if you do it intentionally, but mine was on the fritz.

Yeah, mine does this once and awhile. I think some FF updates trigger it for me. I don't normally notice until some website gives me shit and I think to make sure GAF is still on my whitelist.

I'm tempted to give this Vertex Selvaria a shot at some point. That massive life doesn't really bother me so much anymore. And her face seems like it's about the right size. That was my one complaint with the one from Alter. Her tiny, tiny face.

Giolon

I'm tempted to give this Vertex Selvaria a shot at some point. That massive life doesn't really bother me so much anymore. And her face seems like it's about the right size. That was my one complaint with the one from Alter. Her tiny, tiny face.

Her head is tiny compared to the proportions of the rest of her body. This is like the worst one of all of them in that regard.

I'll still probably buy.

Wait, that will launch next year, right? Oh man, my wallet.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm afraid of the price, but I do plan to get a Selvaria figure some day.

Also, I'm looking at getting into miniature model making. Like, background sets for my Nendoroids.

Chance

My gf knows the Link Nendo is at the top of my Christmas list, and I heavily suspect she's procured it for me - because I caught her browsing Nendos a week or so ago. She held up her tablet to me and announced "she's so cute!"

It was Yoko Littner.

681a889ff1400dd0518f264dc6b1026e.jpg

I can never let her see the source material for this, was my first thought. My second was she needs to see Hakase.

But Hakase's gotten pretty damned expensive, and Christmas has me all but tapped out. Yoko arrived today. Good Smile's obviously changed their Nendo packaging since her release, as my immediate thought was "what is this, a fake?"

There are like a million how-to-spot-a-fake-Miku articles out there, but I couldn't find one for Yoko. Eventually I came across two video reviews - one for the bootleg and one for the genuine article - and cracked open the package to verify that her stand is Good Smile's version.

Thank goodness, I didn't buy my baby a fake Nendo for Christmas. And I may have given myself the greatest gift of all - a girlfriend with a fledgling figure collection.

...I'm totally gonna' get that Hakase in the new year...

I've never seen the show, but she is the cutest Nendo in the world. My lady's gonna' be super jelly.

omlet

Awesome haul, omlet.

It really bugs me that Yukiko got a Nendo and Chie didn't.

Chie for life.

Yukiko's nendo is astoundingly cute, holy cow. Chie was my squeeze when I played P4 and she's still the bestgirl but Yukiko is my P4A main. I wish more of them got nendos. :(

Today, after I picked it up from the post office, I showed her to my coworker I told that story about a few days ago. She squee'd like you wouldn't believe (she was also just coincidentally wearing a red sweater very similar to Yukiko's so she even took the box, hugged it, and said, "Oh, I love her, she's even wearing my sweater!").

Yukiko's nendo is astoundingly cute, holy cow. Chie was my squeeze when I played P4 and she's still the bestgirl but Yukiko is my P4A main. I wish more of them got nendos. :(

Today, after I picked it up from the post office, I showed her to my coworker I told that story about a few days ago. She squee'd like you wouldn't believe (she was also just coincidentally wearing a red sweater very similar to Yukiko's so she even took the box, hugged it, and said, "Oh, I love her, she's even wearing my sweater!").

We're seeing a love story live, GAF.

Bombless

Sounds like it's about time for you to invite her over to see your collection.

omlet

We're seeing a love story live, GAF.

Nendo x Coworker. Will she be enabled or not?! Tune in next time!

Lol did I inspire you to get Laura maid version?

Yes, you did.

I felt bad about buying IS merch because that franchise is so terribad.

D:

But then I felt better when I opened the box. This figure is fantastic.

Yukiko nendo pics in a minute, cropping them down at the moment.

Chance

Any recommendations for a cheap camera that takes great pics of figures? I'm using an old piece of crap that can't get a clear shot without using the flash.

omlet, Ryuko and Mako are not pleased about my inability to take flattering pictures, and how much more adorable Yukiko looks.

DSCN8940.JPG

kewlmyc

WAT? Someone bought the Alter one? :O

I honestly thought about it, but I prefer Blazblue to Persona. So I ordered Mu.

No, calm down.
Honestly, I probably would if not for me already throwing money toward the 1/6 Raiden in January + $200 Demon Homura in Feb + whenever Nanami drops

Also, I like both but BB better than Persona? Well, Mu is more bang for your buck I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom