• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

I think Toon Link is kinda hard to find now. At least prices are going up for him.

Mario's preorder.

Luigi's easy to find I think.

Red, you can probably buy a full set of Amiibos for the price to get him, lol :[

Damn Pokemon Company for making him exclusive for no reason whatsoever.

Good thing I'm much more interested in scales than Figmas, or I'd have two ZSS. Iunno, there are some designs that work as Figmas... And some that dont. I'm pushing it with Lucina, personally.

I also liked scales more, but then I discovered that figmas move and I could make them pose as I wanted, thus my nightmare began.

oh yeah, and it doesn't help either that her base is a dust magnet, thou I have never had trouble to keep her standing, even without the books

Sigh, the dust. If only I had a glass box to put her on. And I'm afraid of letting her stand without the books, mine seemed ok but with a bang on the stand (she's on my nightstand/bed stand) I guess she would fall, and people here don't even care about being smooth.

By the scepter if somebody asked me I would say something like Sakura or one of those magic girls animes.

Yeah, I don't know anything about Atelier.

johnsmith

remember me
I don't understand he hype for Amiibos. They're useless in game and the sculpting and design is just a huge fucking failure. They really couldn't up with poses that didn't require those fugly stands? Disney Infinity figures are way better. Both in quality, in game usage, and design. Nobody has an awful pee stand or crotch stand. Characters from multiple series have a cohesive design. Just so much better.

Impotaku

Mario better make room in the display cabinet his brother has just arrived bringing a new playset with him.
SAM_1254%20res.jpg

SoldnerKei

I'm glad she got the hat right. The hat is the best part.
By the scepter if somebody asked me I would say something like Sakura or one of those magic girls animes.

Yeah, I don't know anything about Atelier.
Very nice! I would've recognized the character at least.

glad you liked it guys, and yeah, CC Sakura was the first name that most people came with or Madoka(which dosen't look like Rorona at all lol)

Meyneth

I don't understand he hype for Amiibos. They're useless in game and the sculpting and design is just a huge fucking failure. They really couldn't up with poses that didn't require those fugly stands? Disney Infinity figures are way better. Both in quality, in game usage, and design. Nobody has an awful pee stand or crotch stand. Characters from multiple series have a cohesive design. Just so much better.
While I agree, Disney needs to make more Disney princesses/females *cough*snowwhite*cough* before I'll jump in

While I agree, Disney needs to make more Disney princesses/females *cough*snowwhite*cough* before I'll jump in

What I will say right now will never happen, but I would give all my money for a Kotobukiya Bishoujo Disney princesses line. I would buy them all, twice if necessary.

Meyneth

What I will say right now will never happen, but I would give all my money for a Kotobukiya Bishoujo Disney princesses line. I would buy them all, twice if necessary.
DON'T EVEN TALK
If a Bishoujo Disney princess or nendroid princess line (lookin at you Elsa) happened I would probably forget about every other figure company.
I would say it meant instant death but if I died I wouldn't be able to buy them all

chrono01

Chrono, you perv. :(
There's nothing wrong with the standard pose for her, but I will admit the alternate one is definitely more on the perverse side.

As I said, though, I don't care much for the alternate pose, and would gladly order her without it. Here's hoping they give us an option...

chrono01

What you all don't know is that the alternative pose for Chrono is the non-lewd one.
Haha, that does sound like me, but not in this case.

The alternate pose is just...odd. I mean, I know it's based off official artwork and everything, but it doesn't translate very well into a figure. Not only that, but her price will likely increase by a couple thousand yen [at least] because of it, resulting in a higher price. :(

What you all don't know is that the alternative pose for Chrono is the non-lewd one.

That's what I assumed. That spread-eagle pose is going to be his bread and butter. But he's going to learn to quick-change that shit like a Transformer when company is on its way over.

Let me tell you guys what happened today:

16:41 - Website displayed that figures arrived in the Postal Office, I just need to go there
(pay the huge tax)
and get them.

Me: OH SNAP, LET ME JUST..

Postal Office operating hours: 8:30 to 16:30

Me: You gotta be fucking kidding me.

DON'T EVEN TALK
If a Bishoujo Disney princess or nendroid princess line (lookin at you Elsa) happened I would probably forget about every other figure company.
I would say it meant instant death but if I died I wouldn't be able to buy them all

A full nendo line would kill me. I'm having a hard time keeping myself from ordering Elsa.

Einbroch

Banned

16:41 - Website displayed that figures arrived in the Postal Office, I just need to go there
(pay the huge tax)
and get them.

Operating hours: 8:30 to 16:30

plz.

I have seven Nendos sitting in cardboard boxes, with six more coming this month and six more next month, all of which are just going to sit in boxes.

YOU CAN WAIT A DAY.

SoldnerKei

plz.

I have seven Nendos sitting in cardboard boxes, with six more coming this month and six more next month, all of which are just going to sit in boxes.

YOU CAN WAIT A DAY.

that's a lot of nendos... the only Nendo I have given a chance is Toon Link, thou I haven't bought him... thou I used to say the same thing about figmas... and now I have a few laying around my desk... I need to be strong & avoid nendos...

omlet

(pay the huge tax)
and get them.

Postal Office operating hours: 8:30 to 16:30

That sucks.

My boss just let me take a quick trip over to the post office to pick up my 3 figures that I missed the delivery for yesterday (since I was working during my lunch break on some stuff). Pics tonight when I am home with my camera.

#SaltingTheWound

Einbroch

Banned
that's a lot of nendos... the only Nendo I have given a chance is Toon Link, thou I haven't bought him... thou I used to say the same thing about figmas... and now I have a few laying around my desk... I need to be strong & avoid nendos...

January is the last death month for me, hopefully ever. I set my budget of 10k/month for February and beyond.

Nendos are dangerous, my friend. You must be careful.

Einbroch

Banned
The hell is chrono talking about?

A figure is coming out soon that is inherently pretty lewd, but she's coming with a seperate body/pose that makes her even more lewd. Chrono does not want this extra-lewd piece and hopes they make two SKUs, one with and one without. Because it's a higher quality figure and not posable like a Figma, it could end up being quite a bit more expensive because of the extra body.

Unless you're just bein' all "wtf u on chrono" and not asking for a serious explanation. In that case, ayyyy lmao.

chrono01

The hell is chrono talking about?
Nothing, people are [wrongly] assuming that I want Swimsuit Ver. Leviathan for her "lewd" pose, when I really don't care at all about it. I just want her for her standard pose, the "alternate" one they can keep.

Edit - Thank you for clarifying, Einbroch.

That sucks.

My boss just let me take a quick trip over to the post office to pick up my 3 figures that I missed the delivery for yesterday (since I was working during my lunch break on some stuff). Pics tonight when I am home with my camera.

#SaltingTheWound

Haha, nice. I'll pick up mine tomorrow morning, hopefully I'll post pictures soon too.

In unrelated news, since they came early I'll be taking my Kuroneko to the trip with me, I plan on taking some pictures of her in the countryside.

Ah, okay.

Well, some quick searching has convinced me that they'll be seperate SKUs. The poses are different enough that unless basically everything but the chest (Like literally just the boobs and nothing else) is swappable, I don't see how they could make it one SKU.

chrono01

Ah, okay.

Well, some quick searching has convinced me that they'll be seperate SKUs. The poses are different enough that unless basically everything but the chest (Like literally just the boobs and nothing else) is swappable, I don't see how they could make it one SKU.
It could be one head, two different bodies. I really...really hope that's not the case, as that means a lot of $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom