• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

qlTZoZt.gif

I'll only be able to order stuff now in January.

I spent too much this month already. Need to lie low and save some spending monet for until after Christmas. Wondering what kind of preowned stuff we're gonna see pop up at the end of the year.

SoldnerKei

debating myself between getting this or not

since they will never release Totori's Rorona, nor Linca, at least I could get Escha, but iirc someone here said it's made by Griffon, so that would be a big no

omlet

Who knows, maybe it will turn out okay. Some of Griffon's stuff does. They're not consistent, but some of their stuff turns out just fine. I expect this one will be cheaper after release unless it turns out to be a small production run and is of exceptional (for Griffon) quality.

Einbroch

Banned
But what if he hit the jackpot and she's amazing and because people didn't believe in Griffon it's a small run and she shoots up to 20k?

Don't do it.

SoldnerKei

nope lol
after I saw how Kasumi turned out... nope

hopefully this one turns out ok, thou I doubt it
it's a good thing that it isn't Rorona, that would be the dead of me

omlet

hopefully this one turns out ok, thou I doubt it
it's a good thing that it isn't Rorona, that would be the dead of me

I really love the Arland games and have been enjoying Dusk games but the figures that have been made just haven't really impressed me, which is a shame because if they had good figures I'd definitely be interested in getting them. I got the Totori scale with Chim on the chair because it was dirt cheap (it's not terrible, definitely worth the $20 I paid for it, but it still has some sculpt issues and a super boring base).

If Mimi got a good scale that would be the end of me. Hnnnngh

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Has anybody bought something from Yahoo auctions? great prices there, I am tempted to pull the trigger for a couple of figures there

Not me personally, but I have a friend who regularly buys AKB0048 photo cards from there. You just need to organise a forwarding services but from what I heard he hasn't had a bad experience.

I should look into it myself since I've seen those Harukasan plushies appear on there while there hardly ever pop up on Mandarake.

EDIT: AKB48 I mean lol. Still AKB0048 is proper bo so watch it!

Has anybody bought something from Yahoo auctions? great prices there, I am tempted to pull the trigger for a couple of figures there

Yes. I've bought some cheap stuff from the Japanese one. Probably a pain in the ass if you're outside of Japan and there's something wrong with an item though.

I would be very cautious of any auction sites but that is just me.

Yahoo Auctions Japan is very popular in Japan and you can find out of print figures for good prices since these are Japanese vendors selling to the domestic market only, the catch is that you have to use a middle man service like Tenzo or or jauce.com so some other fees need to be added, but still the prices for out of print figures are way better than ebay for example or waiting for it to appear on mandrake.

Not me personally, but I have a friend who regularly buys AKB0048 photo cards from there. You just need to organise a forwarding services but from what I heard he hasn't had a bad experience.

I should look into it myself since I've seen those Harukasan plushies appear on there while there hardly ever pop up on Mandarake.

Yes. I've bought some cheap stuff from the Japanese one. Probably a pain in the ass if you're outside of Japan and there's something wrong with an item though.

I was browsing yahoo japan auctions trough jauce.com and it looked really easy, they take care of the payment and shipping, I am just afraid of getting something defective and dealing with it afterwards, but the prices man, the prices, so tempting, it's like half ebay prices.

I was browsing yahoo japan auctions trough jauce.com and it looked really easy, they take care of the payment and shipping, I am just afraid of getting something defective and dealing with it afterwards, but the prices man, the prices, so tempting, it's like half ebay prices.

Here's some more shopping service sites:
http://shoppingmalljapan.com
http://www.rinkya.com/
http://www.fromjapan.co.jp
http://www.celga.com

I've used shoppingmalljapan. but I think celga might be cheaper.

SoldnerKei

I really love the Arland games and have been enjoying Dusk games but the figures that have been made just haven't really impressed me, which is a shame because if they had good figures I'd definitely be interested in getting them. I got the Totori scale with Chim on the chair because it was dirt cheap (it's not terrible, definitely worth the $20 I paid for it, but it still has some sculpt issues and a super boring base).

If Mimi got a good scale that would be the end of me. Hnnnngh

yeah, I have been looking around for the Arland gals, specially Rorona, but they are quite overpriced everywhere I kind of lost interest, also her Totori design is my fav and that will never get a figure, and well, as long as they aren't as bad as this Escha will probably turn out I am ok with that lol

and Meruru's Mimi... dayum boi

SoldnerKei

I'm hardly ever serious. :p

Although I do think the Amiibo craze is completely insane. They don't really do anything and most of them are ugly as sin. But whatever makes people happy, more power to 'em.

this so much, I bought Marth a few days back, I have seen McDonalds toys with better quality... oh well, hopefully Zelda turns out ok

Although I do think the Amiibo craze is completely insane. They don't really do anything and most of them are ugly as sin. But whatever makes people happy, more power to 'em.

Aren't you the one that talks to the Nendos? :p what do they think about this amiibo craze?

Their tiny size helps a lot with the quality bit. If they were the size of a 1/7 they'd be awful, but at two inches tall its a LOT easier to forgive them for their appearance.
Also, they are official Nintendo collectibles that will have a large variety. That right there is a big factor to me personally.

It helps that every Amiibo I have a slight interest in seems to be sold out everywhere~

And with the level of quality control, I kinda refuse to preorder them.

Einbroch

Banned
Aren't you the one that talks to the Nendos? :p what do they think about this amiibo craze?

I admit I'm insane.

I more meant the craze about them to the point where $13 Amiibos are consistently selling for $60. $60 for a Marth Amiibo that is super ugly and has almost no in-game functionality (and likely never will)?

BONKERS I SAY!

I admit I'm insane.

I more meant the craze about them to the point where $13 Amiibos are consistently selling for $60. $60 for a Marth Amiibo that is super ugly and has almost no in-game functionality (and likely never will)?

BONKERS I SAY!
They made a cheap option to ask for for christmas, and since my mom is pretty bad at christmas shopping it was an easy add to my list since she will usually buy any cheap items

If she found a decent Samus I'll probably toss it on my desk at work

I admit I'm insane.

BONKERS I SAY!

Those amiibos are going to be a gateaway drug that's going to send a lot of those guys to this thread, mark my words, once they start browsing and seeing how much variety and better quality stuff is out there, oh boy. we need to offer our guidance, I predict a massive influx of new figure collectors for next year.

omlet

yeah, I have been looking around for the Arland gals, specially Rorona, but they are quite overpriced everywhere I kind of lost interest, also her Totori design is my fav and that will never get a figure, and well, as long as they aren't as bad as this Escha will probably turn out I am ok with that lol

and Meruru's Mimi... dayum boi

Totori!Rorona is definitely great, you have good tastes. As for Mimi, well... she doesn't have a figure but I bought the Arland artbook and I've had this as my PS3 wallpaper for 2 years straight now. Fourty seven inches of 1080p OTP every time I turn it on.

Those amiibos are going to be a gateaway drug that's going to send a lot of those guys to this thread, mark my words, once they start browsing and seeing how much variety and better quality stuff is out there, oh boy. we need to offer our guidance, I predict a massive influx of new figure collectors for next year.

All we need to do is imagebomb them with the Good Smile Samus figures, the figma Varia suit and the Zero Suit. They'll come running in
for Tharja

So what GOOD Nintendo related figures are there? If I have a good Christmas haul I'll probably get Tharja and the WW Link Nendo (the only Nendo I even consider), but I wanna know what else is out there.

Man, ice cold.

All we need to do is imagebomb them with the Good Smile Samus figures, the figma Varia suit and the Zero Suit. They'll come running in
for Tharja

So what GOOD Nintendo related figures are there? If I have a good Christmas haul I'll probably get Tharja and the WW Link Nendo (the only Nendo I even consider), but I wanna know what else is out there.

Tharja is beautiful, but I'm suspect because I adore the character. I wish there were more Pokemon figures, only a couple of S.H.Figuarts ones. About Nintendo figures, there's a Link Figma if you manage to find it somewhere.

Meyneth

I admit I'm insane.

BONKERS I SAY!
In marth's case it's his sculpt that makes him look messed up. The people who screen the face on have nothing to go by in order to know where the eyes/mouth need to go.
I bought two (hoping that at least one looked good) and his face is completely flat except for the nose. So the eyes will either float too high or too low, and then there are no sculpted lips so it's up to the employee to decide where that goes...
Also for some reason his face came out longer than the prototype's face. Dunno how that happened :/

Little mac looks simple (no shading so the arms look less muscular) but he came out fairly well.
As for Marth, I want to open the worst looking one and take a blow-dryer to his face and try to squish it upward and then I want to repaint it. But that won't happen for a while.
have to complete other customs first

I actually think I saw the Mario Figuarts at Barnes and Noble. I'd rather have Weegi though.

Are there any (good) ones of Link?
Oh yeah, and there's Lucina...

SoldnerKei

Totori!Rorona is definitely great, you have good tastes. As for Mimi, well... she doesn't have a figure but I bought the Arland artbook and I've had this as my PS3 wallpaper for 2 years straight now. Fourty seven inches of 1080p OTP every time I turn it on.

artbook and that wallpaper(saved btw P:) is enough love for Mimi
the only thing I have done to fill the lack of Totori's Rorona merch is introducing my gf to the game so she could cosplay her... and I succeed!

for Tharja

Tharja is pretty good, you should totally get it, as for the Nendo Link I dunno, but he looks pretty cute & fun to mess around with

edit: wait, there will be a ZSS figma??? oh boi... here we go *checks out wallet*

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
There is not a single good Marth Amiibo. Satisfied with my Samus though. Link details are fine but the tilted pose and yellow stand is crap. My Kirby would be great if it didn't have some dirt under the paint :/ No issues with the Pikachu I got.

Don't forget the Link/Mario/Luigi/Red nendoroids.

I think Toon Link is kinda hard to find now. At least prices are going up for him.

Mario's preorder.

Luigi's easy to find I think.

Red, you can probably buy a full set of Amiibos for the price to get him, lol :[

Ultimadrago

There is not a single good Marth Amiibo. Satisfied with my Samus though. Link details are fine but the tilted pose and yellow stand is crap. My Kirby would be great if it didn't have some dirt under the paint :/ No issues with the Pikachu I got.

Chop off the yellow stand. Let Link be free!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I have the Revoltech skeleton - looks great, but cannot stand up on his own. I need a stand for him.

Anytime now..

Seeing this skeleton reminded me that I need a skeleton figure, just for making fun poses and pictures.
Good thing I'm much more interested in scales than Figmas, or I'd have two ZSS. Iunno, there are some designs that work as Figmas... And some that dont. I'm pushing it with Lucina, personally.

SoldnerKei

My only problem with Tharja is that she does not have a magnet base or anything at all to stick her on without falling.

oh yeah, and it doesn't help either that her base is a dust magnet, thou I have never had trouble to keep her standing, even without the books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom