• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
And by "collection", he means "penis."

WAT? Someone bought the Alter one? :O

I honestly thought about it, but I prefer Blazblue to Persona. So I ordered Mu.
I prefer blazblue to persona 4 arena (though I love both) but persona 4 golden is just fucking amazing

I really want Mu, but I just cant do it...so lewd...Ill stick with my Noel

I like Labrys as a character...but dat price...

As for the santas...dat underboob would win

I have this Yukiko
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/91358
bought it on amazon for like $40, completely worth it

The MegaHouse Chie was exclusive, so she's a bit pricey. AmiAmi has one pre-owned for about 11k.

wVaEHHc.jpg

That Chie price is fucking nuts
.....will probably get it after my wallet recovers from Christmas

Arclaid

wVaEHHc.jpg

That Chie price is fucking nuts
.....will probably get it after my wallet recovers from Christmas

There's also Alter Yukiko, which was an Atlus D Shop exclusive and comes in a limited edition variant (the difference being the fan and the first printing included a bottle of perfume). Also pricey, and can go for around 12-18k on the after market (or considerably less in auctions, but beware the proxy fees).

tauke

Any recommendations for a cheap camera that takes great pics of figures? I'm using an old piece of crap that can't get a clear shot without using the flash.

omlet, Ryuko and Mako are not pleased about my inability to take flattering pictures, and how much more adorable Yukiko looks.

DSCN8940.JPG

Personally any DSLR or Micro 4/3 camera from 2010 model onwards are really great for general usage even in low light condition (provided you don't go any lower than 1/100 to prevent blurry shot from hand held usage).

Once you get to practice your composition framing, the next step is to take in RAW and do some post processing in Photoshop (or any photo editor that support RAW files). It helps a lot to get great picture.

Also I got this to melt some PVC figurine I mean to fix my cousin's PS3 which suffer from YLOD/RLOD.

prokit_heat_gunier58.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Nendo x Coworker. Will she be enabled or not?! Tune in next time!

Yes, you did.

I felt bad about buying IS merch because that franchise is so terribad.

D:

But then I felt better when I opened the box. This figure is fantastic.

Yukiko nendo pics in a minute, cropping them down at the moment.

Alter is magic. Alter + Laura + maid outfit? Well thats perfect.

I don't see how this is even a dilemma at all. Catgirl is typically superior and this case is no exception.

Im going to end up buying her even though the figure is lewd. I just cant resist a catgirl with that pose.

How do I put the Figma stand in? Both insertion things are pointing at eachother. Do I have to use the little screws at the end points to turn them?

It seems impossible to get the stand in the back. I can't put any more pressure because I think it's going to break the figure.

The should be able to move without turning the screws, are you sure you're putting the smaller peg into the figure?

The should be able to move without turning the screws, are you sure you're putting the smaller peg into the figure?

I think I messed up the screws then. I thought you had to unscrew them to move the pegs then screw them back once you have the position right because they didn't seem to move otherwise (I didn't apply too much pressure because I thought they would break).

I somehow got about half of the peg into the back of the figure. Is it ok to leave it like that? I don't think it will be in any danger of falling that way.

Railyn

Neo Member
*tosses in a vote for Santa Satan* She's pretty interesting to look at, pose and expression wise. I love catgirls, but she looks pretty plain.

My gosh, following ships and castles, I didn't expect there to be mushroom girls. Based on designs, would any of you guys bite if there were figures of them? LOL

StayDead

I wish they'd release santa figures in like October so I could order and display them at Christmas :eek:

*tosses in a vote for Santa Satan* She's pretty interesting to look at, pose and expression wise. I love catgirls, but she looks pretty plain.

My gosh, following ships and castles, I didn't expect there to be mushroom girls. Based on designs, would any of you guys bite if there were figures of them? LOL

Yes... yes I would. NOOO!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
which Santa should I go for?

5490FA4E503105000A

5490F9894D2C6A0035

Satan all the way, ho heh ha...

Just pre-ordered this tin can man:

Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark XLIII $344.99
(glad I saved my SS reward points, it's only gonna cost me $192 ;) )

Debating getting the 1/4 scale Boba Fett at $469.99:

While I'm getting the 1/6 Hot Toy Star Wars stuff, he's too big to fit in the with those guys, but he's Boba Fett, he doesn't need to fit in at all, he could easily be on his own...

Or atleast that's what I'm telling my wallet, now to see if it'll fall for it....

MicH

Got my Samus figma from Mandrake today. No customs (thankfully) and surprisingly quick! Really happy with my purchase

chrono01

0fdc111f.jpg

9098f435.jpg

preorder starts this Friday.

Seems not exclusive...but she will have exclusive bonus if you preorder from Orchid Seed site.
Not exclusive? Great news. I wonder what the bonus will be, though. It's a shame, since I collect the Seven Deadly Sins bonus items, although I did miss out on the cup for Satan [since it was a lot easier pre-ordering her from AmiAmi than Orchid Seed's website].

Regardless, instant pre-order! Unless she's obscenely expensive...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
0fdc111f.jpg

9098f435.jpg

preorder starts this Friday.

Seems not exclusive...but she will have exclusive bonus if you preorder from Orchid Seed site.
Gonna press that pre-order button so hard, her boobs are gonna go up another cup size....

Awesome. I've got a lot of stuff for August but I need to squeeze him in. Never preordered from Sideshow, when do you get an estimate for the shipping and taxes (I'm in Europe) ?

They will give you a shipping quote if you ask them too, but the taxes you'll have to figure out on your own...

Being in the UK myself, my guess is shipping will be $40, so that makes him $385 which is around £245 you then add the 20% vat charge which is £50, then the Fed Ex £10.50 handling charge and Iron Man is £305 or $479... (this is with today's exchange rate, it could go up or down by the time of release)

Your best bet, if your in the UK and don't mind waiting for a few months after release for a cheaper price, is to look at these two 1/6 scale dealers:

http://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/
http://www.collectablekitbash.co.uk/default.asp

They don't have this Iron Man up for pre-order yet, but they will soon.

Yaari

Is Iron Man the first in the Age of Ultron line-up?

I told myself I might jump into the Sideshow figures once those came around.

Zerojul

They will give you a shipping quote if you ask them too, but the taxes you'll have to figure out on your own...

Being in the UK myself, my guess is shipping will be $40, so that makes him $385 which is around £245 you then add the 20% vat charge which is £50, then the Fed Ex £10.50 handling charge and Iron Man is £305 or $479... (this is with today's exchange rate, it could go up or down by the time of release)

Your best bet, if your in the UK and don't mind waiting for a few months after release for a cheaper price, is to look at these two 1/6 scale dealers:

http://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/
http://www.collectablekitbash.co.uk/default.asp

They don't have this Iron Man up for pre-order yet, but they will soon.

Thanks a bunch for the info. I'm in France so I'm gonna play it safe and wait for a French retailer to put it on preorder. It might take a while, but if Hot Toys decide to do a 1/6 of the Mark XLV and show proto shots of it in the meantime, I will have time to decide which one to get. I sure can't afford both if I want keep up with upcoming HT and SS Star Wars releases and get the rest of the AOU cast (and I do).
Too bad I can't use SS payment plan though. Or maybe it's for the best :)

Chance

Thanks for the camera advice tauke and H3XAntiStyle!

Also, I vote Satan Santa. An all-around more interesting figure than the neko, but I'm not sure those pictures are doing the catgirl any favours.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I''m thinking about it too. Depends on price/release date for me I guess.

Orchid Seed is usually good on price for the size of the figures, as for release date add a few months to what ever it says it is, they are with out fail always late, unless it's a repaint...

Is Iron Man the first in the Age of Ultron line-up?

I told myself I might jump into the Sideshow figures once those came around.

Yes it is, though these are Hot toy figures, Sideshow only hands US distribution of them, and it looks fantastic. Just so you know, most of the Avengers shouldn't cost as much as this figure, it's the Diecast/ limited edition nature of this figure, it is just a Mark 42 repaint after all.

Can't wait to see the Hulk Buster armor though, the price for that is going to be insane....

Thanks a bunch for the info. I'm in France so I'm gonna play it safe and wait for a French retailer to put it on preorder. It might take a while, but if Hot Toys decide to do a 1/6 of the Mark XLV and show proto shots of it in the meantime, I will have time to decide which one to get. I sure can't afford both if I want keep up with upcoming HT and SS Star Wars releases and get the rest of the AOU cast (and I do).
Too bad I can't use SS payment plan though. Or maybe it's for the best :)

No problem, I only ordered from Sideshow because I had a ton of reward points to put to it, other wise I'd have ordered from a local seller at this price point. Collectible Direct here in the UK do a similar payment plan to Sideshow, where you put down a down payment and then can pay as little or as much as you like up to 4 months after they get the figure in stock, so shop around your local french figure dealers and see if anyone does something similar. If not I'm sure with Eu regulations you could order from Collectibles Direct and use their plan (I'm using them for the Han and Chewie 2 pack)...

System was offline, wasted my morning and couldn't get my figures.

I hate it when that happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom