• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Urge to buy Love Live figures rising :(

I'm actually finally watching the show now. Saw one ep when it aired and was super bored so I dropped it, but once a few more cast members assemble it's been a lot more entertaining. Especially Nico.

This could be bad.

StayDead

How about Orthanc Towers......

I just finished one of the spires and had to modify it because first time it was taller than my ceiling, now it just nearly touches it. Now to build 3 more.

I can't imagine how awkward that must be to try and build on top of now and I'm a tall guy haha.

Custom Painted figma Chariot:
tumblr_nhe4bfwutj1qzdctco1_500.jpg

I've got one of these Assassination Classroom prize figures pre-ordered from HLJ. You better not fuck me over, HLJ. You. Better. Fucking. Not.

Ryuuroden

I can't imagine how awkward that must be to try and build on top of now and I'm a tall guy haha.

Well since I am doing full interiors and its a cut-away build ( as in you can see all the floors and staircases that go to each floor etc in the back) I made it so each floor comes off so it can be broken down into 9 parts (some sections are multiple floors). I built it to 1/60th scale.

Toki767

This figure always makes me do a double take. My brain registers Starfire as Teen Titans Starfire so my brain does not compute.

Funny thing. When I was at Anime Jungle in LA last week, they had Starfire on a shelf and this old woman goes looking at it and she calls it cute.

kewlmyc

My Top 10 ULTIMATE SUPER CLIMAX EDITION:

10. Amazon by Megahouse

9. Levi by Kotobukiya

8. Eren by Kotobukiya

7. Mikasa by Kotobukiya

6. Maka by Medicom Toy

5. Raidou by Megahouse

4. Tharja by Max Factory

3. Elf by Megahouse

2. Chaika by Aquamarine (NEW CHALLENGER; what an upset)

1. Kyoko Kirigiri by Phat Company.

HONORABLE MENTION:

Well that's a ringing endorsement if I ever heard one :D Should go well next to MY Sailor Moon, Vegeta and Lucario.

Seriously though its an awesome figure and probably the best Batman we will get from the main Japanese figure lines.
Can't see Figma doing much better unless maybe they do a BvsS armored version.

I have the kyoko statue at my shop waiting to get picked up

I'll be dropping about 900 bucks in stuffs in 2 weeks but that one is the top of the list

that, DC Sorc, Kotobukiya cammy and chun, and some sailor moon shit for my wife

Seriously though its an awesome figure and probably the best Batman will get from the main Japanese figure lines.
Can't see Figma doing much better unless maybe they do a BvsS armored version.

The MAFEX Batman from The Dark Knight looks pretty cool as well, probably gonna pick up the 2.0 version in March, but yeah in terms of a more comic book-y/video game-y style I definitely see what you mean.

Wanderer5

Man Samus is soooooo good. Max Factory Did such a wonderful job with her. $40 with free shipping and delivered quite fast, definitely the best I gotten out from Amazon Student Prime.

DSCN0458_zps0e3e1427.jpg

Well with that, that be it for this year. Happy new year guys!:) And big props to Good Smile Company for having such awesome nintendo figures and will look forward to Lucina, Link Nendoroid, and Zero Suit Samus to expand my Nintendo cast.

DSCN0477_zps341ba868.jpg

taoofjord

How long does Amiami take to ship out an order once your place it? They're all listed as in-stock and I placed it 5 days ago. Is this usual?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
How long does Amiami take to ship out an order once your place it? They're all listed as in-stock and I placed it 5 days ago. Is this usual?

Top notification says:

"Year-end Holiday Notification(updated Dec 27, 2014)
AmiAmi will be closed from Tuesday, December 30, 2014 until Sunday, January 4, 2015 for New Years.
Orders, payments, and e-mails received during this period will be responded to in the order they were received beginning January 5, 2015."

It should probably be more in your face though.

omlet

Usually only a day or two but as indicated by the notice and the calendar on the homepage, they're on holiday this week.
Nico is the only one you need~

I'm only 5 episodes in and I'm starting to see this is the truth. A Maki is fine, too, though.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Usually only a day or two but as indicated by the notice and the calendar on the homepage, they're on holiday this week.

I'm only 5 episodes in and I'm starting to see this is the truth. A Maki is fine, too, though.

Nico's the funniest because her shtick is that she puts up a cute idol appearance but in reality is very much not an ideal idol. She stands out and I like that.

Next favorite would be Nozomi.

I've only got the Nico Nendoroid and I'll probably leave it at that. I have way more Idolm@ster figures though :3

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Here's the tower.

Now, into a cardboard box. :( Also, I need a better camera hot damn.

Nice. I've whittled down my Nendoroid tower. Thrown most of the packaging away except for a few special boxes (Shinku comes to mind).

I see that you also have Priecia from Prism Ark which is a decently obscure character. I also have her, but I've decided not to unbox her and put her in a small pile with Manaka (Love Plus) and Reina (Queen's Blade). I don't really care for those Nendoroids and will probably sell or give them away. None of them are particularly wanted and high-priced on the open market though. I also have a second Madoka still sealed, but I'll probably keep that - maybe her price will go up.

The only Nendoroid still unopened is Winter Miku 2014, and then there's a bunch of Petit Nendoroid boxes.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Also; I was unboxing Nendoroid Hiei today and noticed that the parts/instruction booklet was also in English!

Which # was the first to have English instructions? (Hiei is 443)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom