• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Hey All, First time posting here but been lurking for a while,

Here my MFC, http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/AnimeFantasy

Also got my first Dollfie in, though not really a Figure, Miku always counts I think.

Didn't realize these things are so big, but very awesome in person.

Sorry for the kinda shoddy Iphone picture.

Welcome! Miku dolfie looks great and the rest of your colle tion looks sweet as well! I still hate the fact the zerker elin was in a school bathing suit >_<

Have a happy New Year, everyone. :)

And a happy New Year to you too, you CCS otaku! For a second there I thought I read you were getting rid of your witches collection and was going to scream.

I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between Hot Toys' and Sideshow's Vader figures coming out, outside of pricing.
Hot Toys Vader has lighting up lightsaber and Vader breathing sound. That imo makes it the superior version.

In other news, I sent a tiny package to the Plastikitty duo on the 2nd of December to thank them for getting Halloween Miku for mom. The delivery was supposed to take 5 to 8 days. The shipment was with tracking as well. According to said tracking it left the country on the 3rd....and then dissapeared for TWENTY DAYS. I filed a complaint with Bpost and then a week later suddenly the box resurfaced in the US. It took another week to pass through various centers and they finally delivered it on the 30th. The box was completely destroyed, the desk clerk took 30 minutes to fetch the package and Stephen had to carry it out in a friggin bag. Luckly all the contents are intact. I'm not sure who's to blame, Bpost or USPS or both, but it sure makes me want to stop using them for any important stuff and just use 3rd party carriers from now on.

And to end 2014 with figures related stuff, Mammon is on the way from France. I can't check the tracking on mobile due to the silly N-Y website so I'll have to wait until I get out of bed to look up her whereabouts. I hope she comes in today but realistically I expect her being delivered on the 2nd.

It's been a pleasure to hyperventilate over PVC curves with you all, going past the 100 figures milestone, witness the countless wallet destroying new collections and the influx of new collectors for us to corrupt give wise council to. You guys have also been a source of good vibes during some not so happy times and I thank you for that. May 2015 bring us all more of the good stuff and less of the bad!

Happy New Year FigureGAF.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
You're gonna do it.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

More then likely will when the UK sellers have it up for sale, but that means waiting for months after the figure comes out. Robocop was the same price, ordered with a UK seller for £200 shipped and still don't have a full payment request and might not have one for another 6 months...

I'm not willing to pay £280 for Vader, that's £30 past my 1/6 scale max, and about £60 more then I have paid for any of my Hot Toys thus far...

It's been a week since my package from HLJ has left Japan and no update at all. I'm getting worried...

Since the 18th, the first thing I do when I turn on the computer is check on my Space Dandy and Honey Amiami package, and this is what I see everyday:
mnt6Gun.jpg
It got scanned into the country and then nothing, not worried anymore, at this point I've lost all hope and am just waiting to file the "lost" claim after 15 days...

Just can't believe the it's the EMS package that got lost, and that all my SAL packages have all arrived. The exact opposite of what you'd expect...

I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between Hot Toys' and Sideshow's Vader figures coming out, outside of pricing. Anyone mind giving me a hand?

All I can see differences wise is the tabards are on the outside on the Hot Toys figure (it being based on A New Hope), while Sideshows is based on RotJ. Which outside of that, don't seem to have any differences at all. Looks like they both have light up belt pieces and lightsabers, too. It also seems to Hot Toys figure is an inch or so taller.

First off the light up light saber in sideshows pics was added for effect (read the fine print on the picture itself), it doesn't light up at all, and the Hot Toy one was also Photoshopped to look more real, but will have a led bulb in it so it won't look anywhere near as good as in the photos either, the lightsabers are still just for show. Also the sideshow belts light up and the hot toys ones don't (but this is movie accurate, they didn't light up until Empire)

It's harder to pick apart a Vader figure because both look pretty much the same at a glance, but in the fine details in a Hot Toy figure handily beats sideshow every time, it's not just a case of "they cost more so they are better" it's a case of the tailoring of the clothes to the material used for them, to the body underneath it all.

To put this in anime figure terms, if this was a human faced figure the difference would be like a Griffin figure compared to an Alter one, but since it's a man in a suit Darth Vader it's more like Megahouse versus Alter...

*sideshow fans look away*
The major fault with the Sideshow Vader is that the body used is too skinny, his clothes look a size too big because of this, and the costume and materials used are a bit hasbroy looking...

*hot toy fans look away*
The major problem with the Hot Toy one is that it's gonna be too tall, and the dome of the helmet is off for ANH Vader, an led lightsaber won't look that great in person, and it's $300...

As for not hearing anything bad about Sideshow? How many crossed eyed statues I gotta post?

Did you guys just mean 1/6 scale figures?

Uncharted's Nathan Drake from in game model, to Sideshow prototype, to Sideshow quality approved finished in-hand image:

In short Hot Toys are in a league of their own, but they have their own sets of problems too, from the Ed-209 rubber dome fiasco, to the Han Solo looking like Harrison Fords stunt double, to the new John Matrix having rubber arms (for a joint-less look) that will crack and tear and fall apart over time if you bend them.

It's like anything else in collecting, you make trade offs because nothing will be perfect, the bottom line is the Sideshow Vader is $200, and the Hot Toys one is $300, the only real answer to the difference between them is what your willing to pay and if you can live with what ever you deem wrong with it.

NEO0MJ

It got scanned into the country and then nothing, not worried anymore, at this point I've lost all hope and am just waiting to file the "lost" claim after 15 days...

Well, that's depressing. I hope I don't suffer the same fate. What sucks is that we can't even contact them.

As for not hearing anything bad about Sideshow? How many crossed eyed statues I gotta post?

I only ever saw a few of their things and they looked OK. Maybe it helps that most I saw were fully armored with no visible eyes or hair.

Hey guys, quick question that I highly doubt, but is there a more efficient/alternative way to look at a collective list of figures released than just going the release calendar at myfigurecollection? Clicking each day Is pretty tedious, just thought I'd ask.

omlet

Happy new year everyone. I'm at the office today but it's pretty slow.

I made one last (small) order for the year last night. Puzzle & Dragon Bastet prize figure showed up again on mandarake last night for 1500. I wouldn't have really been looking for this for myself, but I bought one for a friend for Christams and when it arrived I opened the box to make sure it was in good shape, which was a mistake because then I wanted one for myself lol. It's small but the quality is really good for the price. I will probably leave this one on my desk or something since it's small and won't really go with my other stuff I keep behind glass.

Also doing some end-of-the-year paid-order-status-checkup (trying not to look every day because holiday SAL is...yeah...)

Kasugano Sora China Dress Version shipped on Dec 11 is in Rhode Island right now (lol?)

Alice Margatroid Nendo / Ricotta Nendo shipped on Dec 18 hasn't scanned in to the US yet.

Alice (Queen's Gate) Designer Color / Suigintou Nendo (yes I bought a second one, okay? yes I know that means I've lost it and gone full nendo and you never go full nendo
btw I bought a second Shinku, too, a couple weeks ago
) shipped on Dec 19 hasn't scanned in to the US yet.

Beelzebub isn't shipping out for a few more days.

All three Madoka Magica LE blurays have not shipped yet, I think because Rightstuf ran out of Okami artbooks (which I also included) right as I placed my order. :\

Airi Nendo / Nanoha Nendo shipped on 27th haven't even been scanned into tracking system yet.

Arch Bishop Nendo / Fate Nendo paid on the 29th haven't shipped yet.

Both Red nendos I shipped to Canada have hit Customs Clearance yesterday.

January is going to be like Christmas again with the amount of stuff I'm expecting to arrive.

addedju.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So we got my mother a new compact digital camera for Christmas and what better way to test it for her than photos of figurines!

iNf4Olcz29wA0.jpg

iIEOdDPJ8hRXg.jpg

That Sakura pose was a right pain to setup.

Hi, Figure GAF!

I've been lurking this thread for most of the year (because you guys are a bunch of enablers!) and figured I might as well start posting (because I want to be enabled!).

I collect primarily figma/nendo/Hot Toys/American figures/toys. The only PVC I own are Momohime, Yuri (Vesperia), and Kyoko (Danganronpa), though I preordered the recolor of Samurai/Katanako/whateverhernameis because I always regretted not getting her (the day I finally gave in she went off preorder ;_;).

Einbroch

Banned
Hi, Figure GAF!

I've been lurking this thread for most of the year (because you guys are a bunch of enablers!) and figured I might as well start posting (because I want to be enabled!).

I collect primarily figma/nendo/Hot Toys/American figures/toys. The only PVC I own are Momohime, Yuri (Vesperia), and Kyoko (Danganronpa), though I preordered the recolor of Samurai/Katanako/whateverhernameis because I always regretted not getting her (the day I finally gave in she went off preorder ;_;).

Welcome to EnableGAF! May your stay be long and your wallet be empty.

omlet

Gotta check closet. For sure alter melty and swimsuit kosmos but there a bunch more

Ice cream Melty or different one? Because how could you sell ice cream Melty :(
Hi, Figure GAF!

Ask and ye shall receive. Sounds like your anime scale figure collection is off to a good start. Now to just add more to it, pupupupu.

Here my MFC, http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/AnimeFantasy

Also got my first Dollfie in, though not really a Figure, Miku always counts I think.

Didn't realize these things are so big, but very awesome in person.

Sorry for the kinda shoddy Iphone picture.

Hi, Figure GAF!

144.png

Welcome =)

tauke

Happy New Year 2015 to everyone at FigureGAF from GMT+8 timezone!

My new year resolution is to torment my wallet for more figures since the Yen is weakening-

StayDead

Welcome to all the new people and Happy New Year to whoever hits it next and has previously. My near year doesn't begin for another 8:30:00 but thought I might as well get in early!

Oh wow, my December AmiAmi order shipped on the 29th and it already cleared US customs today? And it cleared in SF instead of LA?

I might actually get it by the end of this week? :O

SoldnerKei

kind of missed the Amiami will be off all this week... adding an extra week of waiting for my order :c

oh well, and following your steps, I just made a MFC account, still I need to add which figures I own, not much, enough to make my little upper desk crowded lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom