• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a life sized Hulkbuster also by Hot Toys =P
hot-toys-life-size-hulkbuster-armor-from-avengers-age-of-ultron

http://geektyrant.com/news/hot-toys-life-size-hulkbuster-armor-from-avengers-age-of-ultron

attachment.php

Was apparently said, somewhere within the forum to be 22"

omlet

I...got this in the meantime...

Gotta scratch that Satsuki itch somehow...

Long time no post. Isn't that that prize figure Satsuki? Frankly I think it's the best looking Satsuki figure there is, from the ones I've seen (not counting Nendo, since it's going for a totally different look).

javac

Long time no post. Isn't that that prize figure Satsuki? Frankly I think it's the best looking Satsuki figure there is, from the ones I've seen (not counting Nendo, since it's going for a totally different look).

Thank you, I want to wish you all a belated Happy New Year :) I've kept away for a while, last few months have been rough, doesn't look to be getting better but new year and all that :) Haven't got anything figure related apart from Satsuki Prize Figure and a few Amiibo's but I have Motoko Figma, Satsuki Phat (might end up canceling this) for this month ordered and Satsuki GSC and Lucina Figma for later on in the year thus far and don't get me stated on Amiibo! :p

Also ended up ordering this thing, whats your opinion of it? I think it looks pretty cool for a 1600Yen Prize figure :) Plus it's best girl and I really like her 3.33 design.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Does anyone have any experience with Plamoya and defective products, or know anyone who has? Ordered a figure
my first one ever, no less
from them and a small piece arrived broken off (a hair strand, specifically). Worried I'll have to jump through hoops to get a replacement. I did get EMS, but uh, how big of a headache is this gonna be.

Shot them an email already, but they're on break. Man, this shit has me super sad right now.

taoofjord

I'm looking to grab a robot action figure that's entirely die cast (or close to). Do these exist? I've noticed that both Chogokin lines as well as Sentinel seem to still have a very limited amount of it.

Oh and one more question (sorry!), I just noticed that two Super Robot Red Baron figures are coming out next month but... PRE-ORDERS ARE ALREADY SOLD OUT... It's my favorite Super Robot show and I'm so annoyed that I didn't know about this earlier. Since I'm new to collecting these figures I don't know how stock allocation works. Will there be more available when the figure comes out (or shortly after) or do they sell through everything with pre-orders?

Thank you, I want to wish you all a belated Happy New Year :) I've kept away for a while, last few months have been rough, doesn't look to be getting better but new year and all that :) Haven't got anything figure related apart from Satsuki Prize Figure and a few Amiibo's but I have Motoko Figma, Satsuki Phat (might end up canceling this) for this month ordered and Satsuki GSC and Lucina Figma for later on in the year thus far and don't get me stated on Amiibo! :p

Also ended up ordering this thing, whats your opinion of it? I think it looks pretty cool for a 1600Yen Prize figure :) Plus it's best girl and I really like her 3.33 design.
Looks good, I should buy prize figures more...don't watch Eva but like Misato's design, no worries about Amiibo you know that some of the people here are also on there as well =P
Is Hulk still with Betty?
Here's Hulk's
dead
Planet Hulk wife for those who didn't know:
Edit:
I haven't read Hulk comics in a bit, but I don't think so. Also, Betty is Red She-Hulk.
*Reads wiki*
Her resurrection is later revealed as a reality-distorting hallucination created by Nightmare, who supposedly raped her in her sleep to conceived his daughter Daydream.
=/
And she's apparently resumed the relationship with Bruce, so they are together.

javac

Looks good, I should buy prize figures more...don't watch Eva but like Misato's design, no worries about Amiibo you know that some of the people here are also on there as well =P

Yeah for the price I think Prize Figures tend to look really nice so I don't think that should deter people from getting them :) Amiibo wise I own Little Mac, Villager, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Pit so far but I have Toon Link, Lucario, Rosalina, Ike, Mega Man, Shulk, Dedede and Meta Knight pre-ordered.

Yeah for the price I think Prize Figures tend to look really nice so I don't think that should deter people from getting them :) Amiibo wise I own Little Mac, Villager, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Pit so far but I have Toon Link, Lucario, Rosalina, Ike, Mega Man, Shulk, Dedede and Meta Knight pre-ordered.

I need to find Little Mac! Couldn't preorder Rosalina in time =(, got everyone else preordered, hope all the Amiibos will get at least one or two stock refresh soon like they did with the discontinued trios.

I just tracked it down and ordered it after seeing these pics... So yeah.

Bombless

I'm looking to grab a robot action figure that's entirely die cast (or close to). Do these exist? I've noticed that both Chogokin lines as well as Sentinel seem to still have a very limited amount of it.

Oh and one more question (sorry!), I just noticed that two Super Robot Red Baron figures are coming out next month but... PRE-ORDERS ARE ALREADY SOLD OUT... It's my favorite Super Robot show and I'm so annoyed that I didn't know about this earlier. Since I'm new to collecting these figures I don't know how stock allocation works. Will there be more available when the figure comes out (or shortly after) or do they sell through everything with pre-orders?

Often there's stock that reappears after release due to people not paying their preorders or what not. They tend to get sold super quickly though.

Edit : Currently arranging the nendos on the newly liberated shelves....My god, they look so good together. It makes me want to get more. MOOOOOORE. Work in progress pics on Twitter.

javac

I need to find Little Mac! Couldn't preorder Rosalina in time =(, got everyone else preordered, hope all the Amiibos will get at least one or two stock refresh soon like they did with the discontinued trios.

I ended up pre-ordering Little Mac from GAME, he ended being listed as Sold Out from the site and he wasn't in my orders so I thought that they canceled him but sure enough they sent him, well packaged and everything. I actually ended up pre-ordering a second one when he was available on Amazon.UK but cancelled him. Villager I got from GAME one night where a single unit came in stock. Pit, Marth and WFT I imported from Japan, the rest I have pre-ordered on Nintendo UK Store.

I just tracked it down and ordered it after seeing these pics... So yeah.

Nice! Sorry about the fact that I've just made you spend more money however :p

Bombless

Does anyone have any experience with Plamoya and defective products, or know anyone who has? Ordered a figure
my first one ever, no less
from them and a small piece arrived broken off (a hair strand, specifically). Worried I'll have to jump through hoops to get a replacement. I did get EMS, but uh, how big of a headache is this gonna be.

Shot them an email already, but they're on break. Man, this shit has me super sad right now.

I doubt you'll be getting a replacement from them. You might get a refund either in full if you return it or partial for it being damaged.

I ended up pre-ordering Little Mac from GAME, he ended being listed as Sold Out from the site and he wasn't in my orders so I thought that they canceled him but sure enough they sent him, well packaged and everything. I actually ended up pre-ordering a second one when he was available on Amazon.UK but cancelled him. Villager I got from GAME one night where a single unit came in stock. Pit, Marth and WFT I imported from Japan, the rest I have pre-ordered on Nintendo UK Store.
I ordered Little Mac on Shopto they sent me email saying they couldn't fulfil the preorder and saw Amazon had him up but they too cancelled ;__; so hoping my friend will reserve me a Little Mac along with his if they restock him at his Argos.

Top 10 scale figures I bought for 2014 and short reasons:
Rin_Asano1405679408.jpeg

Street Fighter - Chun-Li - Bishoujo Statue - Street Fighter x Bishoujo - 1/7 (Kotobukiya) & Street Fighter - Cammy - Bishoujo Statue - Street Fighter x Bishoujo - 1/7 (Kotobukiya)
Love Street Fighter, one of the few fighting games I feel competent playing at XD, had to get Cammy and Chun Li,
couldn't see Figure GAF's problem with Chun Li think she looks fine =P
gumonshoe1401944402.jpeg

Dragon Ball Kai - Son Goku SSJ - Super Figure Art Collection - 1/8 (Medicos Entertainment)
Almost a must have for DBZ fans especially those who like SSJ Goku's design, surprisingly big for 1/8 scale.
Miru_Mirt1401855365.jpeg

Gintama - Tsukuyo - G.E.M. - 1/8 (MegaHouse)
Shame Tsukuyo's scale figure is her laying on a carpet, especially when it attracts dust, but probably one my most liked Gintama female and wasn't gonna miss her out.
Miru_Mirt1398484533.jpeg

Gintama - Sakata Gintoki - G.E.M. - 1/8 - Benisakura ver. (MegaHouse)
Never liked the original scaled Gintoki, who had a giant fork, liked this version better and glad I waited and this was released.
Siona1321058775.jpeg

Persona 4: The Animation - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - Izanagi - Game Characters Collection DX (MegaHouse)
Izanagi is just an awesome looking Persona, too bad in OG he became useless so quick lol, at least in Golden you could make him crazy good XD
110594.jpg

Tales of Vesperia - Estellise Sidos Heurassein - 1/8 (Alter)
Tales of Vespria is one of my favourite Tales and bought Estelle to be side by side with my Alter Yuri
Sorry dakkumauji that you find him overrated =P
Agon1390272455.jpeg

Dangan Ronpa: The Animation - Kirigiri Kyouko - Monokuma - 1/8 (Phat Company)
Fell in love with the first Dang it Ron Paul, knew I needed a figure of the series, liked Kyoko and Hina but she wasn't gonna get a scale XD
TheFourthHokage1413497494.jpeg

One Piece - Portgas D. Ace - Excellent Model - Portrait Of Pirates DX - 10th Limited Ver. (MegaHouse)
See my avatar XD, but this hasn't arrived yet and it was needed to pad it out to 10 scale figures =P
OhnoRaptors1372128967.jpeg

Fire Emblem: Kakusei - Sallya - 1/7 (Good Smile Company, Max Factory)
Good Fire Emblem figures are a must have for me XD
Miru_Mirt1386648512.jpeg

Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou tai Chouriki Heidan - Gotou-Douji - Kuzunoha Raidou - Game Characters Collection DX - 1/8 (MegaHouse)
Love Raidou's design and games...and Atlus will probably not make a game with him any time soon ;__;. Believe he's the largest figure I have, shame he seemed to have bombed sales wise but to me it's an impressive figure.
Honourable mentions:
GtenAnkoku1411587986.jpeg

Zelda no Densetsu: Kaze no Takt - Link - Nendoroid #413 (Good Smile Company)
Wind Waker Link works too well as a Nendo
I_Kyubey1400130355.jpeg

Pocket Monsters - Fushigidane - Hitokage - Red - Zenigame - Nendoroid #425 (Good Smile Company, Pokémon Center)
Pokémon company going for the nostalgia nodes at the Pokémon fans XD
146105.jpg

One Piece - Monkey D. Luffy - Figuarts ZERO - Battle ver. (Bandai)
hIE1374733759.jpeg

One Piece - Portgas D. Ace - Figuarts ZERO - Battle ver. Juujika (Bandai)
I really like the Figuarts ZERO - Battle ver. line up Bandai has for One Piece, really captures the moves from the manga/anime.
Hmmm Megahouse took over my wallet for scale figures in 2014 lol

javac

Only a prize figure, and I can never say no to Misato-sama. The original waifu.

Yeah she's pretty cool, I own the kotobukiya of her too, that was one I had to buy :D I'm watching RahXephon right now and Misato's equal in that is much more awesome in my opinion :p

I ordered Little Mac on Shopto they sent me email saying they couldn't fulfil the preorder and saw Amazon had him up but they too cancelled ;__; so hoping my friend will reserve me a Little Mac along with his if they restock him at his Argos.

Damn, I hope it works out for you! This Amiibo stuff has been a nightmare for some people, but at least we don't have store exclusives in the UK. If I ever see him or Rosalina I'll let you know.

I kind of wish they'd release a Gintoki that captured the comedic side of the series.
Closest you'll get, too bad it isn't on sale XD:
And the Blu-Ray release of the series is still on indefinite hiatus. 4 out of 6 volumes is good enough? Right!?
What?!? How does that happen? You would think people releasing an entire series on Bluray/DVD will release them all, in reasonable time and not whilst in discussion for the other volumes O__o
Yeah she's pretty cool, I own the kotobukiya of her too, that was one I had to buy :D I'm watching RahXephon right now and Misato's equal in that is much more awesome in my opinion :p

Damn, I hope it works out for you! This Amiibo stuff has been a nightmare for some people, but at least we don't have store exclusives in the UK. If I ever see him or Rosalina I'll let you know.
Cheers man =) and yeah good thing we don't have to deal with exclusives.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BritGAF Meetup whatever number we're on-
1. Meet up at a pub
2. Camp outside HMV (other Amiibo retailers are available) to buy all their Amiibos when they open their doors.

And promotional items are even bigger cock teasers than GKs.

Yeah she's pretty cool, I own the kotobukiya of her too, that was one I had to buy :D

I own the Koto version as well. It's a shame there are so few figures of her that are worth owning.

What?!? How does that happen? You would think people releasing an entire series on Bluray/DVD will release them all, in reasonable time and not whilst in discussion for the other volumes O__o

The blu-ray release has been bare-bones. Simply subs. No bonus features to speak of. Being handled by a company called Voyager, who apparently knows fuck-all about the business. Any business, it seems.

Hmmm Megahouse took over my wallet for scale figures in 2014 lol

Fucking hell those One Piece figures ;^; I still fantasize about having this bad boy on my bookshelf one day.

Fucking hell those One Piece figures ;^; I still fantasize about having this bad boy on my bookshelf one day.
Should be in luck for a newer version of him whenever he'll reappear on the manga/anime =P
I'll probably one day collect the scale P.O.P Strawhat crew, but they'll be plenty of variations and expensive XD, maybe I'll stick to Figuarts Zero for the crew.

So what are everyone's methods for cleaning figs? I heard that air cans have a possibility of stripping the paint, so I'm looking for some alternative methods.
I recently started a figure blog, so I wanna make sure that all my stuff is clean before I take pictures.

omlet

So what are everyone's methods for cleaning figs? I heard that air cans have a possibility of stripping the paint, so I'm looking for some alternative methods.
I recently started a figure blog, so I wanna make sure that all my stuff is clean before I take pictures.

For dust? Microfiber cloth + fingers + qtips + blowing on them with mouth (no compressed air, too strong).

I always recommend this

http://www.amazon.com/Giottos-AA1900-Rocket-Blaster-Large/dp/B00017LSPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420164003&sr=8-1&keywords=camera+duster

I bought it years ago for cleaning my camera. Perfect for using once a week on your figures, and a hell of a lot safer than using compressed air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom