• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

taoofjord

Just got the SRC Mazinger Z in the mail. It's tiny but amazing!

ZS9rBmk.jpg

And here's the little set up I have on top of the infamous Ikea Expedit... a collector's best friend:

These were taken in my office, which is quickly becoming a room my wife will never enter again. :)

Acid08

Banned

And here's the little set up I have on top of the infamous Ikea Expedit... a collector's best friend:

These were taken in my office, which is quickly becoming a room my wife will never enter again. :)

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT NOBY NOBY BOY PLUSHIE???????

I have all the SRC Mazingers and the classic Mazinger Z is still my favourite, I have him posing with his scrander and it is such a nice figure, love it

taoofjord

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT NOBY NOBY BOY PLUSHIE???????

A friend made it for me. I've been thinking about getting into sewing so I can start making some stuff too. Noby seems like he'd be relatively easy to make.

I have all the SRC Mazingers and the classic Mazinger Z is still my favourite, I have him posing with his scrander and it is such a nice figure, love it

It took me a long time to pick one out of the bunch. I really wanted Shin Mazinger but decided to go for the original. I love the simplicity of his design. I've also got the SRC Getter 1 on its way that I'm also super excited for.

SmithnCo

Tsumu Tsumu is my new favorite thing. I had the Kirbys but the Kiki's Delivery Service one came today and it's so cute I can't handle it.

taoofjord

Tsumu Tsumu is my new favorite thing. I had the Kirbys but the Kiki's Delivery Service one came today and it's so cute I can't handle it.

Yeah, they're really fun and look great. That Kiki Tsumu Tsumu looks really cool, I love all the props. This is a toy line I'll always have my eyes on.

StayDead

Do you have Alisa?

They really did a great job on the GE Nendos. I assume you're talking about the Nendo.

Yeah I have Alisa too. God Eater 2 was my first God Eater game and I loved what I played of it.

Much like every other game I have unfinished I have so many games I buy as an importer so I don't miss out on them that I barely finish any of them. I'm working through Hyperdevotion Noire and Neptunia U at the minute. I've got Re;Birth 2 sat unplayed and Re;Birth 3 is in the mail to me.

Serious first world problems here.

BritGAF Meetup whatever number we're on-
1. Meet up at a pub
2. Camp outside HMV (other Amiibo retailers are available) to buy all their Amiibos when they open their doors.

And promotional items are even bigger cock teasers than GKs.
Can I just praise your avatar XD
image.php

Turned on dark GAF and then lmao, works in many ways XD

Also think I'm tempted to get horse Figma for Link lol XD

Yea. Took a shot in the dark as they said they didn't have the shipping estimate yet. Plz god don't be more than the actual figure. *crosses fingers intensely*

Unless its an EMS only figure (so the box is either super big or its super heavy) or the figure itself is super cheap (like 3k), shipping shouldn't cost more than the figure.

Maybe 30%.

Jobbs

Banned
samus looking at a banana, possibly engaging scan visor. hard to tell.

B6X5UL9IgAAjWdg.jpg

this figma, like any figma, has many joints and points of articulation, the difference is that the design of the armor hides them all exceptionally well, so you get a figma as posable as any of the others, but without any obvious ugly joints. It's really cool.

chrono01

Muramasa became available again on Nippon-Yasan and I pre-ordered her. I'm so weak. :(
You did the right thing. d(^_^)v

Oh, just to you know, she's forced cast-off. You have to actually cut the strong on her bikini to see "more of her". It doesn't bother me anyway [since I was never intending to display her cast-off], but I thought I'd let you know just in case you thought otherwise.

She looks great, though. I'm really excited for her. Mohio definitely sculpts a nice body. He's the same guy who did Alleyne from Orchid Seed.

So when something is listed as "box damaged" on Mandrake, how bad are we talking usually?
In my experience, they always say "box damaged". I think it's one of those things where something is usually never 100% flawless, so they always list it as being damaged so when a collector orders [and receives] a figure, they can't complain that it's not in perfect condition. Every figure I've ordered from Mandarake has said "box damaged", and they've all been well taken care of.

Unless it says "heavily damaged", or shows a picture of the damage done to the box [usually used to show something out of the ordinary], I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that you'll receive something in great condition.

Wanderer5

samus looking at a banana, possibly engaging scan visor. hard to tell.

B6X5UL9IgAAjWdg.jpg

this figma, like any figma, has many joints and points of articulation, the difference is that the design of the armor hides them all exceptionally well, so you get a figma as posable as any of the others, but without any obvious ugly joints. It's really cool.

I don't mind much of joints being shown, but yeah it still pretty cool that her joints blend into the armors. Definitely a beautiful figma, even if she has a couple really pointy ends around her feet heh.

Acid08

Banned
In my experience, they always say "box damaged". I think it's one of those things where something is usually never 100% flawless, so they always list it as being damaged so when a collector orders [and receives] a figure, they can't complain that it's not in perfect condition. Every figure I've ordered from Mandarake has said "box damaged", and they've all been well taken care of.

Unless it says "heavily damaged", or shows a picture of the damage done to the box [usually used to show something out of the ordinary], I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that you'll receive something in great condition.

A corner is probably dented. Or the flap of the top is teared somewhere. It's very minor. At least for the ones I bought.

Got it, sounds good. Seems like the Japanese idea of "used" or "damaged" is a bit different from mine lol, but hey that's alright.

LOL I just found a Franky figure that says the box is severely damaged and this is what they're referring to:

539.jpg

Tsumu Tsumu?

Holy my god those are cute! I thought they were related to tsumtsum so I never bothered with it. Aaaaaaaaand I just bought the Kiki set. Add me to the list of watchers for this line.

mike0dude

Got it, sounds good. Seems like the Japanese idea of "used" or "damaged" is a bit different from mine lol, but hey that's alright.

LOL I just found a Franky figure that says the box is severely damaged and this is what they're referring to:

539.jpg

For people who like Mint or near Mint boxes, it's pretty much worthless now.

kewlmyc

539.jpg

The Japanese don't fuck around. That and people who are into keeping boxes as pristine as possible.

Ultimadrago

I can respect that but their loss is my gain I guess haha

Yep. I usually go for the best boxes I can, but if I really want a figure and a nicked box with flawless figure inside is $50+ cheaper than a brand new. I'll enjoy those savings much more than that pointy corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom