• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
For dust? Microfiber cloth + fingers + qtips + blowing on them with mouth (no compressed air, too strong).

That sounds very time consuming, but safe. Do you wet the cloth with water or just do a dry clean?

I always recommend this

http://www.amazon.com/Giottos-AA1900-Rocket-Blaster-Large/dp/B00017LSPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420164003&sr=8-1&keywords=camera+duster

I bought it years ago for cleaning my camera. Perfect for using once a week on your figures, and a hell of a lot safer than using compressed air.

This could definitely come in handy.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So MegaHouse went to the Exclusive well again, huh?

Man, too many exclusive Yamato grrrlz.

Pass, wanted them all, but the exclusive prices are taking the piss considering the quality of the figures...

As for the Yamtato Blu Rays at-least you got to buy 4 of them, we have jack and shit here in the UK. I could always lose my mind and buy the Japanese set for 80k...

So what are everyone's methods for cleaning figs? I heard that air cans have a possibility of stripping the paint, so I'm looking for some alternative methods.
I recently started a figure blog, so I wanna make sure that all my stuff is clean before I take pictures.

g0SB563.png

omlet

That sounds very time consuming, but safe. Do you wet the cloth with water or just do a dry clean?

Dry, but my whole collection is in glass so I only dust like once or twice a year because it doesn't accumulate much dust. I have used damp cloth before; Water isn't gonna hurt them I just don't usually need it.

Speaking of those squeezy things like snk linked, I just got one of those for Christmas in a camera cleaning kit along with some small dust brushes like BZ linked. I haven't used them for figures yet but I will probably try them out next time I do any figure cleaning.

javac

I haven't dusted any of my figures so far, I honestly think they need it :p

Only figures I got that were released in 2014 were Red Nendoroid, Ryuko Nendoroid, Ryuko Phat and the Satsuki Prize Figure :p

Motoko Figma and Satsuki Phat slipped into January. Not the biggest fan of the S.A.C.version of Motoko but oh well.

I haven't dusted any of my figures so far, I honestly think they need it :p

Only figures I got that were released in 2014 were Red Nendoroid, Ryuko Nendoroid, Ryuko Phat and the Satsuki Prize Figure :p

Motoko Figma and Satsuki Phat slipped into January. Not the biggest fan of the S.A.C.version of Motoko but oh well.

Thanks for that email/PM man =)

Giolon

I really should have given Bishoujo Chun-Li and Cammy an Honorable mention. They go so well together and Chun-Li's legs and Cammy's back are HNNNNNNGGGG.

javac

Thanks for that email/PM man =)
Don't worry about it :)
Where do you keep your figures? I have to dust nearly every 2 weeks since they're on open glass shelves which attract dust like a motherfucker.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20213312/
Oh I have nothing as elaborate as that, plus unfortunately something like that wouldn't fit into my room in any case! I just have my figures sitting on top of my chest of drawers, but since the room is a loft conversion it has a low ceiling of sorts around the edges that I guess shades everything :p That does mean that some figures don't fit however so I have nowhere to put them!

Acid08

Banned
welp found out a figure of my #1 Gundam lady existed and I ordered it immediately

rainmika.jpg

As an aside, how long does AmiAmi give you to pay for your order before cancelling it?

welp found out a figure of my #1 Gundam lady existed and I ordered it immediately

l_p1004094022.jpg

As an aside, how long does AmiAmi give you to pay for your order before cancelling it?

They normally give you one week after they send the payment request.
Since they're on vacation right now your order won't be processed until Jan 5th JST.
And if you don't pay they don't just cancel your order, they'll also likely delete your account.

omlet

I've never pushed the limits so I don't know. I usually pay within a couple days. I think I've heard they give you one business week from when they request payment.

Acid08

Banned
Since they're on vacation right now your order won't be processed until Jan 5th JST.
And if you don't pay they don't just cancel your order, they'll also likely delete your account.

I've never pushed the limits so I don't know. I usually pay within a couple days. I think I've heard they give you one business week from when they request payment.

Got it, thanks! Just trying to time my money with the Miku fig that's coming out in late Jan.

Got it, thanks! Just trying to time my money with the Miku fig that's coming out in late Jan.

They'll generally send an invoice when everything you have on order for that month is in stock. If you have multiple orders for that month, then they'll wait only until everything in that particular order is in stock before requesting payment. Some people auto-combine monthly orders to make it easier.

As for missing the payment cutoff, I've heard of bans in some cases, or others where the order is just cancelled and that's the end of it. And some where every order gets cancelled. Just don't jerk them around and let them know in advance if you need some extra time to pay, or just to cancel something.

Bombless

If they are on separate orders then they will be shipped separately so if she is already in stock you'll be asked to pay as soon as they return to work. If you want to wait until the end of January then you need to combine the orders.

Acid08

Banned
If they are on separate orders then they will be shipped separately so if she is already in stock you'll be asked to pay as soon as they return to work. If you want to wait until the end of January then you need to combine the orders.

Oh I bought the Rain figure on a different site. Was just wondering how much leeway AmiAmi gives with payment. Sounds like if I need to contact them they'll be cool with me delaying it shortly, yeah? Hopefully it won't come to that though.

Giolon

rainmika.jpg

So 90's! See below for non-payment info.

I had experience with this recently, since I had an order that was prepping to ship EMS while I was going to be away from two weeks! I got payment notification from AmiAmi the day I left, and I was trying to hold out so that the package would be delivered the day after I got back.

If you don't pay within the 1 week AmiAmi gives you, they'll send you a notification that "Stock for this order is no longer guaranteed, and the order will soon be canceled at our discretion if payment is not confirmed." I ended up with the notice b/c they count the day they sent notification as day 1, and they will drop your reservation on day 7, not after day 7.

Einbroch

Banned
Um, why is Manda charging me 6.4k to ship three Nendo petites and one Nendo when seven Nendos + rubber stamps was 5.4k at AmiAmi.

I'm not paying that. They can ban me.

December nuclear haul schedule to be delivered next week to the office, first phase successful, now what could be the most difficult phase begins, to smuggle my figures inside my house without the wife noticing it, this might take a few days, I might try a couple of figures every day.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Found it. (explicitly stated it was just the petites and nothing else) and a Shining Wind Nendo.

I think the store realized the petites were too cheap and jacked the shipping to compensate. The petites were 500 each. It was Umeda.

All Umeda.

What shipping option are you using? Ems can be pretty expensive, you can email and ask them for the shipping price for other options. Their customer services is pretty nice.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Um, why is Manda charging me 6.4k to ship three Nendo petites and one Nendo when seven Nendos + rubber stamps was 5.4k at AmiAmi.

I'm not paying that. They can ban me.

Yeesh , yeah that seems excessive, unless each item was being shipped individually I can't see why they would charge that much for those dinky things. I mean petites are even dinkier right?

December nuclear haul schedule to be delivered next week to the office, first phase successful, now what could be the most difficult phase begins, to smuggle my figures inside my house without the wife noticing it, this might take a few days, I might try a couple of figures every day.

LOL I could never get away with that, my wife knows everything I pick up and would instantly recognize a new thing showing up out of the blue. Good luck with the figure smuggling though.

----

Just came back from an overcrowded IKEA with one of those single unit bestas with a glass door for my Hellboy PF (try dusting that thing with a make up brush), another wall shelf for scales, and one of those half size billy bookcases with a glass door for figmas and piddly shit, then my wife got a call from her mom to go see her so I can't build anything until she gets back. Stopped by a toy store to see the Neca Alien Queen in person and they sold their last one 20 minutes before I walked in. I did get my first McRib in like 13 years, so it wasn't a completely shit day...

Acid08

Banned
So what's the deal with Mandrake? I'm pretty sure I got charged for something by them but I never got a confirmation email and the amount is less than the converted cost :/

Edit: wait, I think I found out what it is. Totally unrelated. So I guess the Mandrake order didn't go through or....?

Einbroch

Banned
What shipping option are you using? Ems can be pretty expensive, you can email and ask them for the shipping price for other options. Their customer services is pretty nice.

Thanks. I contacted them and DHL is only 3.9k, which is still a lot for what I think should be a small package, but it's manageable. I can swallow it better as the Kureha Nendo was 2.5k, which is a lot lower than her going price on AmiAmi and other shops (4.5k+).

Einbroch

Banned
Does Mandarake not offer SAL?

Package was too big, apparently. I guess they're shipping the petites in the original box it game in (the PSP collector's game box, which according to people on MFC is huge), so they can't do SAL.

Besides, I can't do SAL. Moving in less than a month and I'd rather not ship my "dolls" to my prying neighbor. :p

Thanks. I contacted them and DHL is only 3.9k, which is still a lot for what I think should be a small package, but it's manageable. I can swallow it better as the Kureha Nendo was 2.5k, which is a lot lower than her going price on AmiAmi and other shops (4.5k+).

I'm surprised that they didn't give you DHL after it was too big for SAL Registered. That's what they did for a recent order.

The other time it was too big, they just split up the order into two packages, lol

LOL I could never get away with that, my wife knows everything I pick up and would instantly recognize a new thing showing up out of the blue. Good luck with the figure smuggling though.
Hahaha my wife usually knows when I get new stuff, but she does not know anything about if they are from a show or a movie or an animation, I could put a star wars figure next to a Jojo figure and she'll think they are from the same show.
BTW what's the deal with the God Hand Fiona's? Are they going to be shown in finished form and be officially announced any time soon? The rest of the figures shown on the leaked prototype pictures have been already released, so figma please gimme my God Hand, are they known for announcing stuff at the New York York toy fair?

Damn I was hoping for a New Years miracle and have my order show up today. Guess it will be Monday.

Sounds like my December order from AmiAmi.

Thought it would get delivered today (since it arrived into the city yesterday) but looks like it'll get delivered tomorrow.

At least I'm home for that!

The forever quoteable avatar strikes again! :D

Same, waiting for Nana to show up ;_;

What is she bringing your package to you? :D /s
Kinda wish I ordered her as well but didn't need more to pay for hehe

Sounds like my December order from AmiAmi.

Thought it would get delivered today (since it arrived into the city yesterday) but looks like it'll get delivered tomorrow.

At least I'm home for that!

Ya this is my December order as well, sadly I have it coming to my work so if it does try to get delivered tomorrow they will just have to come back Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom