• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
01. bandai (11)
02. gundam (6)
03. gunpla (6)
04. mecha (6)
05. mg (6)

You can tell what my focus is here.

Bonus top 10
06. kidou_butouden_g_gundam (4)
07. long_hair (4)
08. female_figure (3)
09. katoki_hajime (3)
10. megahouse (3)

chrono01

I hope you've got Gift's. It's amazing.
I don't, only the Good Smile Company and Max Factory version. I was debating ordering Gift's too, but it was being released at a difficult time for me, so I had to pass.

She does look amazing, though.

It also describes Mammon.
That it does!

I am okay with this.

Alright, dumb question: what the hell are ship girls? All I know about them is that y'all are obsessed with them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kantai_Collection

Say goodbye to your wallet.

Alright, dumb question: what the hell are ship girls? All I know about them is that y'all are obsessed with them.

Anthropomorphized Japanese Warships. They're from an online CCG (Collectible Card Game) called Kantai Collection, featuring real-life Japanese warships represented as cute anime girls. There's now an anime, as well. The villains of the series are the Abyssal ships (Wo-Class, Re-Class, Battleship Princess, etc), which are an alien enemy and not real warships.

Anthropomorphized Japanese Warships. They're from an online CCG (Collectible Card Game) called Kantai Collection, featuring real-life Japanese warships represented as cute anime girls. There's now an anime, as well. The villains of the series are the Abyssal ships (Wo-Class, Re-Class, Battleship Princess, etc), which are an alien enemy and not real warships.

So it's Strike Witches with ships.

Yeah but the ocean contains sharks and/or krakens. I'm pretty sure there are 0 recorded instances of kraken attacks in colorado

Hell, I would be living with the sharks and krakens, so that's crossed off. The only problem would be finding food, they probably want fresh meat, like people.

PS: I wasn't talking about living with the shipgirls, but with the Abyssal fleet instead.

johnsmith

remember me
Blizzard, plz. I'd buy either Sideshow or Kotobukiya versions of these instantly.
Jaina_Proudmoore_(New).jpg
Alexstrasza.PNG

Fanart_0720_full.jpg

Tyrande_Wei.jpg
k2HQ58X.jpg

SoldnerKei

I'm not that well versed into Sideshow, but please show me a figure of theirs that really look awesome, I'm not convinced yet. I saw a princess Zelda and it was atrocious. She looked like an extra from Jersey Shore.

mwhahaha I lol'd so hard at that... thou yeah, how the hell do you make look the hottest Zelda in history that bad!?

That Zelda figure is on their store, but it's made by First 4 Figures.

Oh well, one less thing then. Which one did they make? That Ganondorf? Nevermind, Ganondorf is F4F too.

mwhahaha I lol'd so hard at that... thou yeah, how the hell do you make look the hottest Zelda in history that bad!?

Magic, probably. I wouldn't mind a tanned Zelda, like a Gerudo girl, but that specific model looked like it had fake tan, which is kinda hard to pull off.
(Still trying to find a ganguro girl figure that looks good)

So now that we're on the topic, what's everyone's fetishes when it comes to figures? Note: fetish does not have to be sexual, it merely means an "excessive and irrational commitment."

Well I usually like the characters first and if its cheap, lol

But from the few scaled figures I have, it would probably be:
Ties
Armor
Basketball Outfits

johnsmith

remember me
I'm not that well versed into Sideshow, but please show me a figure of theirs that really look awesome, I'm not convinced yet. I saw a princess Zelda and it was atrocious. She looked like an extra from Jersey Shore.

That was made by First 4 Figures, not sideshow, and we've all talked shit on their statues all the time.

This is the only one I own at the moment.
1bDb4p3.png

gBESKb0.gif

But have the green skin version of this ordered.
attachment.php

That was made by First 4 Figures, not sideshow, and we've all talked shit on their statues all the time.

1bDb4p3.png

gBESKb0.gif

attachment.php

Hrm. It looks like her hair is more detailed in the left image, but maybe that's just the picture. I know I'd definitely be going for that one though. (I will say the shape of the green face looks better though.)

In hindsight, I wish I grabbed that MJ statue when she was available. I'll definitely be getting the Black Cat one when she becomes available for pre-order.

Ryuuroden

Goddammit to hell Cinderella Girls anime, not even done with the episode and as soon as I found out that girl is Shibuya Rin I absolutely need her GSC figure ;.;

It must be the Mio effect.

Ryuuroden

But the Abyssals are totally evil bad America....I mean there's a bloody Midway Island Abyssal..

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

My Sideshow Hellboy PF is mother fucking awesome (for a sense of scale, check out the Colossal Titan nedo on top of the besta):

Also the upcoming Queen of the Dead PF (
had better be mother fucking awesome
):

The problem with Sideshow is that some statues come out looking mother fucking awesome, and the others look like they were painted by a 4th grade art class, the best thing is they allow returns if you get one you can't live with, and if your an international buyer they will send replacement parts/statues for free if something gets broken provided you smash the damaged part/statue with a hammer and take a photo of it if your happy with the replacement.

In hindsight, I wish I grabbed that MJ statue when she was available. I'll definitely be getting the Black Cat one when she becomes available for pre-order.
Join the waitlist, she's not gone until sold out status hits, people cancel/credit card go bad/etc all the time, you still got a chance...

chrono01

Goddammit to hell Cinderella Girls anime, not even done with the episode and as soon as I found out that girl is Shibuya Rin I absolutely need her GSC figure ;.;
This is why I'm terrified to watch the anime.

I watched IDOLM@STER after it finished airing, so many of the figures were already gone/released by then. Thus, my need to acquire them all was sated.

However, to watch Cinderella Girls now when figures are being released? I'm doomed.

Ryuuroden

This is why I'm terrified to watch the anime.

I watched IDOLM@STER after it finished airing, so many of the figures were already gone/released by then. Thus, my need to acquire them all was sated.

However, to watch Cinderella Girls now when figures are being released? I'm doomed.

I have never seen any IDOLM@ASTER before, this is my first. I am an IDOLM@STER virgin :p

lol

omlet

I just wanted to share that after more than three decades on planet earth I finally tried instant ramen for the first time not too long ago. I hardly ever eat out so it's not like I spend a whole lot on food in the first place, but nonetheless my eyes were opened to the possibilities of more figures by way of the money I could save by eating that every now and then. Ho ho ho ho.

Who else was a victim, I missed it. This thread moves too fast.

This morning.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146667848&postcount=9446
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146668307&postcount=9448

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I already have Cinderella Girls Minicchus. Ranko figures have been very nice so far; still need to get one of her. Rin doesn't do much for me unfortunately. Mostly looking forward to Ranko, Kaede, Anzu showing up. Koume, Mika/Rika, Kirara might be interesting too.

So now that we're on the topic, what's everyone's fetishes when it comes to figures? Note: fetish does not have to be sexual, it merely means an "excessive and irrational commitment."

"a good pose and based on a thing I like"

it's 99% comics or video games

NEVER ANIME

sometimes anime

Just paid for my Aegis, thank god it was in stock. Now I just have to wait.

My Sideshow Hellboy PF is mother fucking awesome (for a sense of scale, check out the Colossal Titan nedo on top of the besta):

Also the upcoming Queen of the Dead PF (
had better be mother fucking awesome
):

The problem with Sideshow is that some statues come out looking mother fucking awesome, and the others look like they were painted by a 4th grade art class, the best thing is they allow returns if you get one you can't live with, and if your an international buyer they will send replacement parts/statues for free if something gets broken provided you smash the damaged part/statue with a hammer and take a photo of it if your happy with the replacement.

You might be getting Sideshow and First4Figures confused. Sideshow makes awesome (yet super expensive) figures like this.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ger-pacific-rim-sideshow-collectibles-400191/

Thanks guys, those figures that you've shown are much better than the ones I had in mind, now I wouldn't mind if Blizzard made a contract with them.

Added Bombless and Chrono for Chain Chronicle. If anyone else wants to add me: 189056062.

Not that far in and I agree that there's tons of p,oential for figures with some of these character designs.

Feel free to add me.

Ooh a Chain Chronicle player! Add me up : Friend ID:133511322

Not a fan of Aludra but there's SO many characters that would make great figures. There's tons of great designs in that game and for once the men aren't forgotten (though I feel there's less male characters than female).

Started playing Chain Chronicles as well added all of you cept Chrono and johnsmith couldn't find/remember if you put your codes up, mine's 196,662,112 Billy

chrono01

Started playing Chain Chronicles as well added all of you cept Chrono and johnsmith couldn't find/remember if you put your codes up, mine's 196,662,112 Billy
I put mine up earlier, but I'll send you a Friend Request now. My in-game name is, you guessed it..."Chrono".

Edit - Sent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom