• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
FIGURE-009437_01.jpg

yikes, this thing is gorgeous.

Fake Tifa is amazing.

I'm just waiting on some additional shots before I pre-order.

Wanderer5

Deathwing from World of Warcraft is getting a pretty cool figure from slideshow. $600 through.:p Definitely not something I would look into.

200207-deathwing-002.jpg

SoldnerKei

Fake Tifa is amazing.

this is one of the reasons why I want to preorder lol really, I know nothing about the character other than she also appears on a fighting game and she is pretty much a brawler just like Tifa

I'm fairly certain I won't ever be into them :p I'm not going to watch the show and I don't really like the way most of them look.

I have liked some of their designs, thou yeah, I am on the same boat, I doubt I ever get into it, and even less likely to buy a figure lol

Deathwing from World of Warcraft is getting a pretty cool figure from slideshow. $600 through.:p Definitely not something I would look into.

oh, that looks awesome! I'd love to have a Dragon figure just lik... $600.. so long cute little lizard!

Meyneth

Wait, why? Plan on making your figmas play Polo?
I didn't think about polo... Hmmm

No I was thinking a Ride of the Valkyries/modding/fun horsie times type of thing. Nothing in particular really, I just find it exciting when there are articulated animals to be had. (ꈍᴗꈍ)

I've also got fake tifa ordered. That scallop edging on the dress did me in

Einbroch

Banned

Of all the memorable Warcraft characters. They did Arthas, but I can think of at least a dozen more interesting characters they could have done other than generic-fantasy-dragon.

Looks nice, though.

Good lord, I would have bought A/C before anything else. Even Brazilian prostitutes.

Haha, the problem is not just buying the A/C, but keeping it on for long periods of time, energy is getting expensive here since the thermoelectric power plants are being hammered instead of the hydro plants.

Duuuuuude.

Do you prop your figs against something? I would be terrified of leaning.

I don't think I have one prone to leaning, at least I think so. The heat is a problem but they have solid footing, I guess. Only Tharja is in a strange pose, IIRC, from the ones that I have.

And I took a while to answer because I was cleaning my computer and accidentaly I broke my HDMI adapter, which made me resort to bring back my old 14 inches monitor.

johnsmith

remember me
Where's my Alexstraza in humanoid form. That's the only "dragon" I would be interested in.

Bishoujo Warcraft ladies. Make it happen Koto.

Yaari

You can always copy the item ID out of the amiami JPG file name and paste it into a normal item link to see (unless it's delisted)

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/144/FIGURE-009437_01.jpg ->
FIGURE-009437 ->
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-009437 ->
Alphamax BLADE ARCUS from Shining - Won Pairon 1/7

If it weren't for how silly her boobs look I would have probably considered ordering one because otherwise it is nice.

Great! I had no idea. Now I don't have to ask ever again :).

Good man. I got one recently (she has popped up a lot on mandarake lately) and she's really cute.

Yeah, I just started buying Nendos, but I'm being really strict with the ones I purchase. I think most of them are fairly dull, so it's not that difficult. But this seemed like one of the must-have figures from the series.

Where's my Alexstraza in humanoid form. That's the only "dragon" I would be interested in.

Bishoujo Warcraft ladies. Make it happen Koto.

I don't even play WoW, and I'd be in for that.

Acid08

Banned
Fake Tifa is amazing.

I'm just waiting on some additional shots before I pre-order.

Speaking of Tifa, I wish there were more figs of her than those crappy Play-Arts ones. From the ones I've looked at this is the one I'd want:

Lenneth1253360937.jpg

Seems like it's pretty expensive though.

C'mon, talking about WoW and no hooves joke so far? No clop for you, GAF.

Do not search clop if you're working, haha. Better yet: do not search if you value your purity and sanity.

C'mon, talking about WoW and no hooves joke so far? No clop for you, GAF.

Do not search clop if you're working, haha. Better yet: do not search if you value your purity and sanity.

I have a girls-with-hooves fetish, now that you mention it. Some people like moe, I like hooves

Toki767

Speaking of Tifa, I wish there were more figs of her than those crappy Play-Arts ones. From the ones I've looked at this is the one I'd want:

Lenneth1253360937.jpg

Seems like it's pretty expensive though.

I wish Kotobukiya would make new scale figures for Final Fantasy characters. They made a few in the late 90s. It'd be nice if they could do a new set using better material now than they had back then. Sadly Square Enix don't seem to want to license that stuff out.

I have a girls-with-hooves fetish, now that you mention it. Some people like moe, I like hooves

That's one reason I mentioned it, I remembered vaguely that somebody here liked it.

I like robot girls, maybe I watched too much Chobits, even though I can't remember the story if I was held at gunpoint.

Einbroch

Banned
So now that we're on the topic, what's everyone's fetishes when it comes to figures? Note: fetish does not have to be sexual, it merely means an "excessive and irrational commitment."

taoofjord

I love the Tatsunoko designs and Sentinel's Hurricane Polymar looks great, oddly designed pelvic area aside. Pre-ordered!

HMsQGIh.jpg

Now I wait for some good Gatchaman figures.

I wish Kotobukiya would make new scale figures for Final Fantasy characters. They made a few in the late 90s. It'd be nice if they could do a new set using better material now than they had back then. Sadly Square Enix don't seem to want to license that stuff out.

Square is never letting anyone get that license again. Shitty Play Arts figures 4everrrrrr!

That's one reason I mentioned it, I remembered vaguely that somebody here liked it.

I like robot girls, maybe I watched too much Chobits, even though I can't remember the story if I was held at gunpoint.

I think everyone at FigureGAF has some odd fetish.

<_< I... like both >_>

dem female draenei got game.

No fooling. Browsing Hentai-Foundry for a while will show you that much. XD

chrono01

I'm still on the fence between the two. The GSC version is extremely tempting. I kinda just wanna see how nutso the price is for the Max Factory version. Kinda worried pre-orders will close on the GSC version before that, tho. :(
I wouldn't worry about that. Shimakaze from GSC is still available, so Wo-Class should be available for a hile longer [hopefully].

I'm with you, trying tod ecide between the two. I wish Max Factory would list a price for their version or, even better, open pre-orders. If it's insanely expensive [like, 25k insane] I'll go with GSC's. If it's around 15-18k [which is possible, since she doesn't come with as many options as the other KanColle exclusive girls], I'll go with MF.

I just need to know!

Added Bombless and Chrono for Chain Chronicle. If anyone else wants to add me: 189056062.
Sounds good!

What your name so I can accept the request? I get several a day so I can't distinguish what is/isn't you. >_<

I'm with you, trying tod ecide between the two. I wish Max Factory would list a price for their version or, even better, open pre-orders. If it's insanely expensive [like, 25k insane] I'll go with GSC's. If it's around 15-18k [which is possible, since she doesn't come with as many options as the other KanColle exclusive girls], I'll go with MF.

You might as well order the GSC one, then. Waiting for the price announcement for the MF version is just waiting for them to confirm what we already know. Max Factory went completely bananas with their pricing since the yen went in the shitter. Far more than anyone else.

chrono01

You might as well order the GSC one, then. Waiting for the price announcement for the MF version is just waiting for them to confirm what we already know. Max Factory went completely bananas with their pricing since the yen went in the shitter. Far more than anyone else.
I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Do not ruin my dream. ;_;

I think everyone at FigureGAF has some odd fetish.

At least Chobits taught me where is the button to turn on a girl. And by turn on I mean power on, robotically speaking.

So now that we're on the topic, what's everyone's fetishes when it comes to figures? Note: fetish does not have to be sexual, it merely means an "excessive and irrational commitment."

Latex, spandex, robot girls, armor, long legs, high heels, femme fatale, moving parts, cool poses, many accessories, strong personality (I mean the character that the figure is based on). I still whip myself everyday for not buying the Yamato spandex figures.

EDIT: Forgot about cars, bikes and trains. My diecast car collection puts my figure collection to shame.

kewlmyc

According to MFC, mine is simply "Alter".

I mostly go after characters I like in shows/games rather than particular physical traits.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Probably dark skin/tan girls.

The remainder of my preferences are predictable:
01. large_breasts (32)
02. long_hair (31)
03. thighhighs (21)
05. cleavage (16)
06. high_heels (16)

chrono01

My top five tags on MFC [from my collection], centered around traits are:

1) long_hair (131)
2) thighhighs (82)
3) blue_eyes (63)
4) blond_hair (56)
5) large_breasts (55)

Hmm, it paints a very impressive picture in my mind. ;)

Edit - Actually, I think that perfectly describes Sena Kashiwazaki [from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai].

SoldnerKei

well, when it comes to figures, I own mostly video games figures, I guess that's it

now for others figures I would totally bought, it would be short-haired, somewhat well endowed girls with glasses, or girls with instruments(not necessary K-on or super sonico and the such) thou I have yet to own one of those...

edit: ummh need to update my MFC profile, those tags sure work to figure that out!

kewlmyc

Haven't done this in a while.

01. 1/8 (38)
02. short_hair (38)
03. male_figure (35)
04. long_hair (27)
05. gloves (23)

Didn't know so many of my figures had gloves...

Einbroch

Banned
04. blue_eyes (22)
05. long_hair (20)
06. twintails (20)
08. thighhighs (14)
09. ribbon (13)

Excluded all things like companies, collections, etc.

Although my favorite things are big weapons, armor, and dynamic poses. I love me some big weapons.

Settin

My top five tags on MFC [from my collection], centered around traits are:

1) long_hair (131)
2) thighhighs (82)
3) blue_eyes (63)
4) blond_hair (56)
5) large_breasts (55)

Hmm, it paints a very impressive picture in my mind. ;)

Edit - Actually, I think that perfectly describes Sena Kashiwazaki [from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai].

It also describes Mammon.
My weakness is dark skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom