• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the joke. :p

HomerDoh.gif

When I read this article I didn't notice it at first, but then I gave the link to my friend and he saw it.

Wo Class 1/8 (Preorder) - Wasn't hyped for this one but I thought about it some more this week and decided I want to go through with it. My collection has nothing like this and the alien design is really eye-catching. Worst case I decide I'm not crazy about her in person and I can probably break even selling it off.

Huh? You ordered the GSC version? Not going to wait for the wallet-destroying Max Factory Wo-class?

You answered your own question. Also the flying drones are cool. I'm considering her myself.

I'm still on the fence between the two. The GSC version is extremely tempting. I kinda just wanna see how nutso the price is for the Max Factory version. Kinda worried pre-orders will close on the GSC version before that, tho. :(

Guys, stupid question time:

What temperature is "too hot" for a figure? I'm in the middle of the summer here and I can't stand my room, it is hot as hell, and I'm kinda afraid for the figures.

This is the Wo-Class figure I'm going with:

Cuter than the Nendoroid, though I'm still considering that one.

That is cute. It's from the same set as that one with the red eyes that went up for pre-order recently. Made by Phat, I think. The Nendo turned me off because it was an exclusive and is now going for like, 10k lolololololol.

Guys, stupid question time:

What temperature is "too hot" for a figure? I'm in the middle of the summer here and I can't stand my room, it is hot as hell, and I'm kinda afraid for the figures.

When it starts to melt, that's too hot.

It should be fine unless it's in direct 100°+ sunlight.

When it starts to melt, that's too hot.

It should be fine unless it's in direct 100°+ sunlight.

No direct sunlight ever, but if I could guess the room is over 100° (you were talking about Fahrenheit, right?).

The air is hot, feels like a sauna, my goddamn computer is too hot and my A/C money went into figures. Plus there is no goddamn wind or even a breeze here.

omlet

Huh? You ordered the GSC version? Not going to wait for the wallet-destroying Max Factory Wo-class?

Hey, MF's is pretty awesome looking, no argument there, but nah, not going to wait for it. I'm expecting it to be at least 15k after discounts which is about 5k more than I care to consider for a figure that looks really neat but that I'm not previously attached to. If the two versions were both available and didn't really have much price difference, the decisions would be much harder. MF's has more cool to it but GSC's has more cute in the design.

Same reason I never followed through with God Eater 2 Ciel, really--she looks great but 14k is steeeep for something I'm not hype for (if she drops in aftermarket to like 10k I will buy her in a hearbeat).

johnsmith

remember me
No direct sunlight ever, but if I could guess the room is over 100° (you were talking about Fahrenheit, right?).

The air is hot, feels like a sauna, my goddamn computer is too hot and my A/C money went into figures. Plus there is no goddamn wind or even a breeze here.

Enjoy your puddle of PVC.

Jk, they should be fine at that temperature. I'm more worried about you. Those temperatures are insane without ac. Where do you live?

Enjoy your puddle of PVC.

Jk, they should be fine at that temperature. I'm more worried about you. Those temperatures are insane without ac. Where do you live?

South America, Brasil to be more specific. The problem with my room is that there is no air current and my computer generates too much heat. I can't even sleep in my room anymore because of the heat, I usually end up sleeping in the main room on our hammock during the summer.

EDIT: Just had to repair one headphone because the cable melted when I left it on top of the metal structure of my pc. Yeah, I'm serious.
The cable was thin, though.

Added Bombless and Chrono for Chain Chronicle. If anyone else wants to add me: 189056062.

Not that far in and I agree that there's tons of potential for figures with some of these character designs.

Einbroch

Banned
South America, Brasil to be more specific. The problem with my room is that there is no air current and my computer generates too much heat. I can't even sleep in my room anymore because of the heat, I usually end up sleeping in the main room on our hammock during the summer.

EDIT: Just had to repair one headphone because the cable melted when I left it on top of the metal structure of my pc. Yeah, I'm serious.
The cable was thin, though.

Duuuuuude.

Do you prop your figs against something? I would be terrified of leaning.

Good lord, I would have bought A/C before anything else. Even Brazilian prostitutes.

Got that preordered too :p

I'm tempted to get those. They're cheap and adorable.

Hey, MF's is pretty awesome looking, no argument there, but nah, not going to wait for it. I'm expecting it to be at least 15k after discounts which is about 5k more than I care to consider for a figure that looks really neat but that I'm not previously attached to.

15K? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Max Factory Wo-Class is going to be a true wallet destroyer. She's part of the Wonderful Hobby Selection line, meaning she's exclusive to the GSC Shop. Chrono and I are expecting her to go for 25k + the 2k shipping fee.

Ultimadrago

My January is clean. But that Amatsukaze nendoroid is tempting.

Oy! Oy! Too naked for me.

Everyone's January orders better include the KMB figurine.

You will buy enough in my stead~

Only things I have ordered for January:

Have ordered but will most likely cancel:

Save all the money~

You can still think of me as Miku if you want bby.

Always.

omlet

Max Factory Wo-Class is going to be a true wallet destroyer. She's part of the Wonderful Hobby Selection line, meaning she's exclusive to the GSC Shop. Chrono and I are expecting her to go for 25k + the 2k shipping fee.

That much ,and exclusive? All the easier to say no to without a second thought.

SoldnerKei

Benten was [an admittedly gorgeous] figure that was released a while back. List price for him [yeah, he's a dude], was 25k. Yes. 25,000 JPY.

oh, I thought it was a manufacter, thanks for the clarification
and damn now I know what you're getting at... that's a freaking lot for a figure, it looks awesome thou
and I indeed thought this was a chick xD

Wanderer5

Such a very high quality and detail figure, yeah I won't be surprise if she going to go that high lol.

I'm seriously thinking of just going with the GSC Wo-Class. They're both 1/8, so I can still get Max Factory's Re-Class whenever she comes out. The GSC version is 10.9k at AmiAmi. That's under $100.

yikes, this thing is gorgeous.

Man, you in deep now. Should have stayed in that Gundam thread. ;)

Einbroch

Banned
I'm seriously thinking of just going with the GSC Wo-Class. They're both 1/8, so I can still get Max Factory's Re-Class whenever she comes out. The GSC version is 10.9k at AmiAmi. That's under $100.

Is there a place you can preorder her in case the price of the MF one isn't crazy expen-

ahahahhahaha sorry I couldn't finish that sentence.

Is there a place you can preorder her in case the price of the MF one isn't crazy expen-

ahahahhahaha sorry I couldn't finish that sentence.

XD

I think I might prefer the GSC version anyway. She looks much cleaner because the Max Factory sculpt is clearly the battle-damaged version.

Einbroch

Banned
XD

I think I might prefer the GSC version anyway. She looks much cleaner because the Max Factory sculpt is clearly the battle-damaged version.

You can't go wrong with either. I personally like the MF one better, but better at a cost:preference ratio? That I'm not sure of.

Einbroch

Banned
The MF one looks amazing. But let's not bullshit ourselves, it's going to be close to $300 after everything is paid for.

That'll make a lot of people's decisions easier. However, it may be too late. GSC Wo-Class preorders are likely to close in the next few days. She's due for February.

SoldnerKei

I didn't even say if I ordered it or not!

I did :(

My only consolation with this whole thing is that I am not into these Ship Girls at all.

at least not yet~

I have been tempted in preorder that figure too, and since I thought too much about getting another figure at almost the same price that is not taking more pre-orders, I'll probably will, that figure looks too good

so don't feel bad, you did a good thing!

omlet

Who is she?

You can always copy the item ID out of the amiami JPG file name and paste it into a normal item link to see (unless it's delisted)

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/144/FIGURE-009437_01.jpg ->
FIGURE-009437 ->
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-009437 ->
Alphamax BLADE ARCUS from Shining - Won Pairon 1/7

If it weren't for how silly her boobs look I would have probably considered ordering one because otherwise it is nice.

Acid08

Banned
at least not yet~

I have been tempted in preorder that figure too, and since I thought too much about getting another figure at almost the same price that is not taking more pre-orders, I'll probably will, that figure looks too good

so don't feel bad, you did a good thing!

I'm fairly certain I won't ever be into them :p I'm not going to watch the show and I don't really like the way most of them look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom