• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put mine up earlier, but I'll send you a Friend Request now. My in-game name is, you guessed it..."Chrono".

Edit - Sent!
Looks at level
1.gif

You're gonna help me so much XD

chrono01

Looks at level
1.gif

You're gonna help me so much XD
I hope so, have fun!

Mages struggle a bit towards Knights, but are great against Soldiers/Archers/other Mages. Oh, and Aludra's skill is amazing for clearing the floor on a Boss encounter [can one-shot lower level boss enemies too]. Actually, if used on the last in a Chain, it can potentially one-shot even higher level boss characters too [or close to it, anyway].

I love her.

Something like that. Just select flex pay when you pre-order. Easy.

Heh, even with that, I wish I could get her, she'll be a dream like that Mary Jane was.

Just the thought of paying 60% tribute/tax over the 200/300+ dollars send shivers down my spine.

My first expensive as hell figure will be a Hot Toys Darth Vader, that I can be sure. He's the only character that I can justify paying that much without regretting instantly. I just don't know when I'll get it.

If I had a crapload of money I would try to make/buy a 1:1 size Darth Vader, like a Stormtrooper I've seen in a sitcom once.

Dice//

Banned
First 4 Figures, the guys that this came from.:p
35812-header.jpg

I'd buy that for like $70. =/
A bit of a shame because quality Zelda figures would be AWESOME and I'm definitely more into VG figs than anime, television, or film ones. And First 4 isn't...bad, they just fuck up a key feature that turns people off; or worse, if they get it right then they charge a stupid amount for what's an "ok"-looking product at best.

My beef is that their products look so goddamn shiny it's like they're trying to remind you it's a toy than a cool 3D model of a character you like.

Wanderer5

I'd buy that for like $70. =/
A bit of a shame because quality Zelda figures would be AWESOME and I'm definitely more into VG figs than anime, television, or film ones. And First 4 isn't...bad, they just fuck up a key feature that turns people off; or worse, if they get it right then they charge a stupid amount for what's an "ok"-looking product at best.

My beef is that their products look so goddamn shiny it's like they're trying to remind you it's a toy than a cool 3D model of a character you like.

Maybe GSC/Max Factory should tackle Link again with a scale figure.*.*

Zerojul

So now that we're on the topic, what's everyone's fetishes when it comes to figures? Note: fetish does not have to be sexual, it merely means an "excessive and irrational commitment."

Suit of Armor, I guess. And Robots, too :/

In other news, Hot Toys Ultron is coming

Between Hot Toys and LEGO, AOU will be the demise of my wallet. God forbid they make Nendos on top of that.

Also, got a payment request for my Eren Nendo, yay :)

kewlmyc

Thieves are the fucking worst. The guy I sold my Lili figure to ended up getting it stolen right off of his porch. Got it on camera and everything. I gave him his money back and he left me some good feedback, but it just sucks that the figure is in the hands of some lowlife crook.

Toki767

Cool. This Yakumo figure from School Rumble actually came up on Mandarake. I was wanting this figure for the longest time since School Rumble was one of my favorite shows.

19.jpg

I wish there was a nice Eri figure. :(

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Nah, I'm not paying them $25 unless I'm guaranteed one. I'm content to say I missed the boat on this one. I'll get Black Cat for sure as soon as pre-orders open.
They only charge $25 if they guarantee you a piece, otherwise your just on a list waiting to see if you can get it.

Thanks guys, those figures that you've shown are much better than the ones I had in mind, now I wouldn't mind if Blizzard made a contract with them.

Blizzard and Sideshow already have a contract, it's just a matter of Sideshow choosing to use it on something other then a boss monster...

Heh, even with that, I wish I could get her, she'll be a dream like that Mary Jane was.

Just the thought of paying 60% tribute/tax over the 200/300+ dollars send shivers down my spine.

My first expensive as hell figure will be a Hot Toys Darth Vader, that I can be sure. He's the only character that I can justify paying that much without regretting instantly. I just don't know when I'll get it.

If I had a crapload of money I would try to make/buy a 1:1 size Darth Vader, like a Stormtrooper I've seen in a sitcom once.

Your in Brazil, and if your figures are subjected to 100 degree heat, Hot Toys won't last long in a place like that. First they will discolor and then some joints will weaken, any rubber used will crack, pleather will flake, joints may even break, and then you'll have a hot mess on your hands. Granted all these things will happen over time anyway, nothing lasts forever, but the heat will make it happen that much faster. It's not just Hot Toys though, If you got a Medicom RAH it might even disintegrate...

A Polystone statue would be ok in that weather, as long as you keep it dust free (either put it behind glass like I did my Hellboy, or dust it every week) if you don't you could ruin the paintjob.

So if you really do want to take steps in the Hot Toys direction your gonna want to make sure that at the very least you can control the temperature in the room they get displayed in.

This has been a public service announcement for RyosukeTH's wallet...

In other news, Hot Toys Ultron is coming

Fuck yeah, bring it on...

Thieves are the fucking worst. The guy I sold my Lili figure to ended up getting it stolen right off of his porch. Got it on camera and everything. I gave him his money back and he left me some good feedback, but it just sucks that the figure is in the hands of some lowlife crook.

Ouch, did you have insurance on the package?

StayDead

01. good_smile_company (100)
02. nendoron (76)
03. nendoroid (57)
04. long_hair (48)
05. nendoroid_petit (47)
06. school_uniform (38)
07. maruhige (36)
08. twintails (36)
09. female_nendoroid (32)
10. ribbon (32)
11. thighhighs (30)
12. blue_eyes (29)

I kept 12 in there because it's kinda a bit skewed towards certain things >_>

Flintty

Amazing figures and great collection you have there, I am jelly I can't afford those, the quality of those HT figures is superb

Thanks man. Yeah the quality is second to none but it's a hobby you really have to exercise self control with - something I'm lacking at the moment!

I aim to get the GotG figures and some of the Ultron ones, then hopefully stop collecting - I don't have the time nor money to keep going like this!

Chance

So now that we're on the topic, what's everyone's fetishes when it comes to figures? Note: fetish does not have to be sexual, it merely means an "excessive and irrational commitment."

01. Vanillaware
02. Vanillaware
03. Vanillaware
04. Vanillaware
05. Nendos

Of the 7 "high-end" figures I've got, all but one represent a Vanillaware character - the one being Bruce Timm's B&W Harley Quinn - and I have three nendos. Oh, and a Play Arts Kai because I can't find a better Solid Snake.

Finally catalogued everything on MFC, including orders and wished for. Phew! Apparently this is me...

01. good_smile_company (62)
02. nendoron (40)
03. long_hair (34)
04. twintails (34)
05. black_hair (31)
06. nendoroid (29)
07. school_uniform (29)
08. female_figure (26)
09. blue_eyes (22)
10. flat_chest (21)

MightyAlpha

Neo Member
Finally able to snap a proper picture.

Mecha, armor, guns and military I guess.

MFC confirms this too:
01. mecha (18)
02. bandai (12)
03. robot_damashii (12)
04. short_hair (10)
05. weapon (10)

That sucks :(

NEO0MJ

After three weeks I finally got my HLJ shipment! 7 days maximum my ass..

16220374516_e40ed15eb5_o.png

Gonna take some pictures later. This ship will finally have pics of a ship. Not a ship-girl, just a ship.

Deathwing from World of Warcraft is getting a pretty cool figure from slideshow. $600 through.:p Definitely not something I would look into.

200207-deathwing-002.jpg

Wow, this looks great. Don't know much about WOW but that a cool design.

Flintty

That Deathwing statue is awesome! He's a great character in Wow lore but sadly one of the worst boss fights ever.

I like the LK statue too but I'd love a 1/6 figure of him.

Ryuuroden

I just wanted to share that after more than three decades on planet earth I finally tried instant ramen for the first time not too long ago. I hardly ever eat out so it's not like I spend a whole lot on food in the first place, but nonetheless my eyes were opened to the possibilities of more figures by way of the money I could save by eating that every now and then. Ho ho ho ho.

This morning.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146667848&postcount=9446
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146668307&postcount=9448

Now at that price I need to find one and spend money I don't have. I don't think I have ever spent that little on a figure I wanted this much.

Your in Brazil, and if your figures are subjected to 100 degree heat, Hot Toys won't last long in a place like that. First they will discolor and then some joints will weaken, any rubber used will crack, pleather will flake, joints may even break, and then you'll have a hot mess on your hands. Granted all these things will happen over time anyway, nothing lasts forever, but the heat will make it happen that much faster. It's not just Hot Toys though, If you got a Medicom RAH it might even disintegrate...

A Polystone statue would be ok in that weather, as long as you keep it dust free (either put it behind glass like I did my Hellboy, or dust it every week) if you don't you could ruin the paintjob.

So if you really do want to take steps in the Hot Toys direction your gonna want to make sure that at the very least you can control the temperature in the room they get displayed in.

This has been a public service announcement for RyosukeTH's wallet...

Thanks for the great advice, I really appreciate it. Now I won't feel bad for not buying those expensive figures, you just took a big weight off my shoulders.

I plan on getting a glass stand soon(ish), but before I do that I'm regularly cleaning my figures and diecast collection.

EDIT: I killed all the overclock that I had done in my computer, seems like the heat is a bit more manageable now.

NEO0MJ

I'm gonna need some info on that Yamato model, my good sir.

Ditto. Also, great avatar sir.

It's the Soul of Chogokin GX-64 Space Battle Yamato 2199. It's made from die-cast metal and plastic. Its gimmicks includes opening fighter hanger bays, lights and sound.

And a lot of photos.

Gonna take so time to prepare for that. It needs some setting up.

Anyways, here are some picture of the Riobot Blodia.

I love the opening cover on the box, as well as the art. The figure has a good amount of die cast metal, including the claws on the left hand which are really sharp. Paint is pretty good, though I'm not a big fan of the weathered look. I love how the shield slides across three sides of the forearm, so it makes posing with it on pretty easy as it won't get in the way. Legs have good movement thanks to the mechanism they use, which extends the legs in a way that doesn't hurt the look. Biggest disappointments are that the wheels on the legs don't move (though this is probably to help balance it) and that it has a hard time holding more difficult poses. Needed to cheat and use a USB Flash memory to hold the "Blooodiaaaa!!!" pose.

omlet

Rest of my Christmas-presents-to-myself arrived today... not figures this time
the figures are still in the mail, thanks SAL

MZNisGE.jpg

Also, I want to see pics of that Yamato once it's all assembled. Looks like a pretty sweet kit
even though the show was not very good

It's the Soul of Chogokin GX-64 Space Battle Yamato 2199. It's made from die-cast metal and plastic. Its gimmicks includes opening fighter hanger bays, lights and sound.

Gonna take so time to prepare for that. It needs some setting up.

Anyways, here are some picture of the Riobot Blodia.

I love the opening cover on the box, as well as the art. The figure has a good amount of die cast metal, including the claws on the left hand which are really sharp. Paint is pretty good, though I'm not a big fan of the weathered look. I love how the shield slides across three sides of the forearm, so it makes posing with it on pretty easy as it won't get in the way. Legs have good movement thanks to the mechanism they use, which extends the legs in a way that doesn't hurt the look. Biggest disappointments are that the wheels on the legs don't move (though this is probably to help balance it) and that it has a hard time holding more difficult poses. Needed to cheat and use a USB Flash memory to hold the "Blooodiaaaa!!!" pose.

Oooooohhh. I don't know what this is from, but that looks nice as hell.

I may try and go get whatever Code Geass ones I can, if I can, because now I want some mechs haha.

I may try and go get whatever Code Geass ones I can, if I can, because now I want some mechs haha.

Looks like I'll be your enemy on this search then.

Just kidding, I'm broke until June, good luck finding them. I pre-ordered a Super Deformed Guren and I'm already happy with that.

Looks like I'll be your enemy on this search then.

Just kidding, I'm broke until June, good luck finding them. I pre-ordered a Super Deformed Guren and I'm already happy with that.

Weird, I have no problem finding them.

I too am broke.

I'm mainly interested in the first and second models of the Lancelot and the Gurren, as well as Gawain/Shinkirou. I might get some of the mass produced models as well, but those are my priority. I don't really care for the Albion/Seiten, so that saves my wallet haha.

Weird, I have no problem finding them.

I too am broke.

I'm mainly interested in the first and second models of the Lancelot and the Gurren, as well as Gawain/Shinkirou. I might get some of the mass produced models as well, but those are my priority. I don't really care for the Albion/Seiten, so that saves my wallet haha.

I want Zangetsu, that's all.
But if I had the money I would buy them all...

I almost bought a pre-owned Shinkirou recently, but the pictures didn't sold me on it, I think they should hire better photographers, like the ones the Gundam models usually have. Based on pictures alone I almost bought the G-Reco Gundam, FFS, the photographer was a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom