• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Eli is second worst. Maki is third worst. Look in your heart, you know it's true.

You're the actual worst.

Paid for an impulse purchase I made last night. Was only 1k on Mandarake.

gumonshoe1413288174.jpeg

Fukuoka store needs to get its shit together and send me a payment request for my last order.

omlet

Nico is the worst.

That's it, I'm not sharing my nendos with you ever again.

One-liners aside, seriously, Nico is the best character because she's the only one who seems something like an actual person. She's the only one that really has character flaws. No one else besides Eri really has any character. And after those two, Honoka and Maki are like the only two who aren't just forgettable cute faces. I'm not saying the show is bad because of that or anything, because it's not really going for deep character arcs, and with a cast that size, there just wouldn't be time for it. Anyway, Nico is still clearly the best. Come at me.

You're the actual worst.

Paid for an impulse purchase I made last night. Was only 1k on Mandarake.

Fukuoka store needs to get its shit together and send me a payment request for my last order.
Daaaaamn. That's a nice price on that. I don't even care for Sonico but at that price I'd bite.

Einbroch

Banned

One-liners aside, seriously, Nico is the best character because she's the only one who seems something like an actual person. She's the only one that really has character flaws. No one else besides Eri really has any character. And after those two, Honoka and Maki are like the only two who aren't just forgettable cute faces. I'm not saying the show is bad because of that or anything, because it's not really going for deep character arcs, and with a cast that size, there just wouldn't be time for it. Anyway, Nico is still clearly the best. Come at me.

That's a lot of words just to say "You're right, I'm sorry I was so wrong."

I knew I liked you.

meijiko

Preorder start date announced for Card Captor Sakura Kinomoto Sakura 1/7 Angel Crown ver. by PLUM
PLUM announces today official pre-order start date for their 1/7 scale figure of Kinomoto Sakura from popular series Card Captor Sakura in her Angel Crown version to be on January 15th, 2015. The figure, announced back in December 2014, has still to be revealed in its painted version.

At this point we only have to wait until next Thursday to see the painted prototype of the figure and to know its price. Release date for the figure is scheduled for May 2015.

Are they serious with that May release date? I'm really excited, because she's a GK I've wanted forever, and she's an instant preorder no matter what the price, but damn, my May is shaping up to be crowded as hell.

Being CCS fan is suffering.

kewlmyc

I might sell my Starfire for the dumbest reason: I don't know where to put her! I have all of my figures set in particular sets (same game or anime series, similar size, etc). Starfire just stands out and putting her by herself is just weird. Maybe I'll just put her on my desk and continue wishing that a Raven bishoujo gets released.

Sigh, look at what you guys have done to me. I think I talked somebody into giving me that Guts figure for my birthday, and I'm not even feeling guilty about doing it :/

Wanderer5

Be cool for Red to get a re-release but we probably lucky that we actually got such a release lol. Shame he more on the exclusive side, causing him to be a bit hard to recommend.

Ban Puncher

So I watched the Ship Girls anime.

Who is this nobody MC scrub?

Are the arrow-planes real size or arrow size?

How come the girl with the most merchandise got 10 seconds of screen time?

The anime failed to sell me on Ship Girls.

Cinderella Girls better be good or my wallet is going to be nice and fat.

Ah yes, new year, new figures. The first package of the year.

Fun fact #1: the year just started and already have around 30 figures on order
Fun fact #2: I ran out of space for figures 3 months ago...
Fun fact #3: I refuse to get psychiatric help for my obsession in collecting figures, which leaves more money for more figures

The trend continues: a metric ton of sonicos, girls with a metric ton of boobs and add some Starfire to the mix :)

Also got some new "literature"

Bombless

Ah yes, new year, new figures. The first package of the year.

Fun fact #1: the year just started and already have around 30 figures on order
Fun fact #2: I ran out of space for figures 3 months ago...
Fun fact #3: I refuse to get psychiatric help for my obsession in collecting figures, which leaves more money for more figures

The trend continues: a metric ton of sonicos, girls with a metric ton of boobs and add some Starfire to the mix :)

Also got some new "literature"

BloodOmenPT, a man after my own heart!

m0t0k1

fuk takes about 3 days generally

Ordered from fukuoka for the first time last week. They send me a payment notice in like 12 hours. Payed the next day for it and shipped the day after that. Now i play the waiting game. I choose registered Sal so i should wait a couple of weeks.

I hope my other nendos coming have better support pieces, because this skirt one is terrible.

That hole figmas have is good, for instance.

Also, found this picture and liked it (mix of faces here, not the OG one):

omlet

Hahaha, holy crap, I'm glad I was able to get one for 10k.

Where was that btw? I ask because I recently noticed that mine has a small blemish on her cheek and for the life of me I cannot remember ever seeing before it nor can I imagine what could have caused it if indeed it wasn't there when I bought her. She's been in a DETOLF ever since I got her. Tiny blemishes and paint imperfections are normal in this hobby, and it's nothing that a little photoshopping wouldn't fix if I were going to try to do a nice photo of her, but in this case she is literally my favorite figure in my collection and it's a blemish that's easy to see up close, so I was seriously thinking about trying to get another one (as a replacement, not to keep two) because I'm crazy like that.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So I watched the Ship Girls anime.

Who is this nobody MC scrub?

Are the arrow-planes real size or arrow size?

How come the girl with the most merchandise got 10 seconds of screen time?

The anime failed to sell me on Ship Girls.

Cinderella Girls better be good or my wallet is going to be nice and fat.

They decided to go with Fubuki, one of the weaker ships, instead of the Admiral. This makes me believe the show will be more slice of life and cover the daily going-ons and relationships of the various shipgirls rather than action/plot. This is a good thing because the fanbase wants to see more of their waifus, and there are other shows if you want action.

The planes, torpedoes, turrets are all manned by fairies. I don't know what happens to them when they get blown up. Shipgirls get their clothes knocked off; fairies I dunno!

Shimakaze will get more screentime. That said, there are a lot of other shipgirls who have the same amount of popularity; e.g. Kongo, Akagi, etc. Too many girls, not enough time!

Arkadios

This makes me believe the show will be more slice of life and cover the daily going-ons and relationships of the various shipgirls rather than action/plot. This is a good thing because the fanbase wants to see more of their waifus, and there are other shows if you want action.

NotLikeThis.jpg

Will watch anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom