• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I guess I will keep an eye out for another one in that price range because I have no idea how I would get this off without risking ruining her face by trying to do paint touch-up. I tried wet q-tip scrubbing and that did no good so it's seems like a paint problem not just some grime.
I've heard using a Magic Eraser you can "clean" off paint transfer and such from your figures. You need to be extremely careful, though, so you don't remove too much.

If it's bothering you that much, it could be worth a try.

[I am not held responsible for any/all damage you might inflict upon your figure should anything go wrong.]

omlet

Looks like the update hasn't finished? Most things, even things that aren't obscure and you would think would take a few days to sell, are showing as Sold Out right now.

omlet

Stuff that normally sits on preowned for days is popping up as Sold Out. I'm having a hard time believing that this stuff is actually flying off the shelves...

Acid08

Banned
It was brought up and discussed. Thread was moving fast that day.

Oh okay, must have missed it. I picked up an A/B Elizabeth Christmas ver. from there on that update. That was one of the figs I had on my wishlist for a looooong time while I was still a lurker.

Stuff that normally sits on preowned for days is popping up as Sold Out. I'm having a hard time believing that this stuff is actually flying off the shelves...

AmiAmi's preowned section feels like a mess right now.

It went from 1100 items to 1000 items and now back to 700 items.

I doubt people suddenly bought that many preowned items that quickly.

Guys I'm torn. I'm not into Strike Witches anymore, but that Kotobukiya 1/8 Lynette is really getting to me. It's in the pre-owned section for cheap, but I'm really not sure about having a fig like that...but then again Satsuki will be coming in soon too...

Guys I'm torn. I'm not into Strike Witches anymore, but that Kotobukiya 1/8 Lynette is really getting to me. It's in the pre-owned section for cheap, but I'm really not sure about having a fig like that...but then again Satsuki will be coming in soon too...

Don't do it.
Do it

But seriously, don't... you'll just see something you like more during the next update.

Ryuuroden

Wow seriously, this thread moves too fast now days. It feels like OT3 just started and we are already at the halfway point..... I bet it moves 100 pages during wonfest.

Acid08

Banned
Fukuoda store pls

pls

pls

If they don't send an email to you in three days what's the protocol? Email them or do they just cancel the order?

edit: ayyyy it went through!

9875.jpg

moonlitsaki1412960856.jpeg

218042.jpg

My Nami collection is coming along swimmingly. I think I have four more I'd like to get at some point.

Meyneth

Yeah, I've seen worse, but it's right on her face and I can see it from 2-3 feet away if I'm looking for it. :( Most other figures in my collection and I wouldn't consider replacing them for something so minor, but it's mai meguca D:
Magic Eraser

Cut a tiny piece and dampen it with regular tap water or whatever and rub it on the spot for a little while. If you need precision use a toothpick or long nails as something pointy behind the eraser.
As long as you're not scrubbing hard it'll get removed slowly so you don't have to get nervous about ruining the figure.

If the spot absolutely refuses to budge (I'm talking like, a full minute of rubbing with no change whatsoever) then something may have stained the face some how. :/

Zerojul

Also, after some delays my nuclear haul is finally coming next week, in preparation I went looking for acrylic risers for my Detolf and I was horrified that getting 2 acrylic risers equals a Detolf itself and I am not paying 20$+ for a riser so I went to Dollarama (Canadian equivalent of the Dollar Store) and ended up buying some glasses for like 1.25$ each and I am pretty happy with the result.

These are cheap more than fit the bill, the rest of glasses I bought are waiting for my haul next week.
Man I'm in love with your Mazinger shelf. Too much awesomeness. I have the SoC Grendizer so I thought I could pass on the SRC one, but I think I will have to cave in sooner or later.
Did you preorder Mazinkaizer SKL to go with the rest of the gang ?

NotLiquid

Does anyone know whether FREEing has a release schedule like GSC? What with Phat's Chiaki and Satsuki currently being a no show on GSC's January schedule I only seemingly have one fig for this month that isn't Dwell's Pochaco reprint.

Bombless

Was more thinking this one:

Ques Q's Takao is too blue for my taste. Phat's is much more colourful and the book has images in it. Also hnnng thigh highs. Can't wait for her nendo too.

Thanks again for that Kancolle group image, new wallpaper! Who's the german looking, well endowed shipgirl at the top middle?

That was my initial reaction as well.

StayDead

I can't seem to get my Hatsune Miku HSP version back in her box. halp o_o

EDIT: Did it, felt like it shouldn't have fit but she's safe in her box for now.

Bombless

Siiiiiiigh. Usagear's release date was changed to "Late 2015" after spending most of 2014 with "Late 2014". This is getting ridiculous.

At this rate I'll get Frame Arms Girl before her :( (also damn, FAG is still the top visited item on Amiami, Koto just hit it big)

Man I'm in love with your Mazinger shelf. Too much awesomeness. I have the SoC Grendizer so I thought I could pass on the SRC one, but I think I will have to cave in sooner or later.
Did you preorder Mazinkaizer SKL to go with the rest of the gang ?
Merci, for a moment I thought you were talking about the SRC Mazinger SKL black that came out like 2 years ago, that thing goes for a pretty penny these days. I didn't know that there was a new one for preorder, I am getting it now for sure!

StayDead

All my scale figures are back in their boxes with as far as I know, no breaks. Everything came off the bases fine. This was me trying to get them all off of their bases after what happened to Elsie earliar in the year.

6AxKZRN.jpg

omlet

Some new (preowned) stuff hit mandarake

3.5k CCS nendo http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1958313.html

2.5k Miku nendo #300 http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1334417.html

3.5k Nico nico niiii nendo http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1814041.html

3k shimakaze nendo http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1549554.html

8k wo-class nendo (unopened) http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1767666.html

Magic Eraser

Seems like a good thing to try before going the replacement route, thanks.

I'd say no, but I don't really like SW to begin with so don't let me stop you, especially with how cheap that one is.

All my scale figures are back in their boxes with as far as I know, no breaks. Everything came off the bases fine. This was me trying to get them all off of their bases after what happened to Elsie earliar in the year.

6AxKZRN.jpg

I know that feel. When I moved 3 years ago it was the same for me ~_~

Zerojul

Merci, for a moment I thought you were talking about the SRC Mazinger SKL black that came out like 2 years ago, that thing goes for a pretty penny these days. I didn't know that there was a new one for preorder, I am getting it now for sure!

Preorders are closed in all the regular places though. CDJapan still has it, but no discount there, and 9,5k for a SRC is no joke :/
Anyway, hope you manage to get one :)

I should get Rise. I have Yukiko and I like Rise more
Other than not liking the going back to showbiz decision at then end

When I moved, I stood all my figures up in a drawer, put them on my passenger seat, and moved them that way. Luckily I only moved about 5 miles

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think I'd ever want to take some of my figures off their base considering how much of an effort getting them on the base in the first place was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom