• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Amiibo culture is so weird. It's like a world where nobody has bought collectables before,

I saw someone putting amiibo's in a detolf, not with mid tier or high end stuff, just amiibo's.

That has to be a faux pas, like mixing Coke with a Single Malt, or eating pizza with a knife and fork...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I saw someone putting amiibo's in a detolf, not with mid tier or high end stuff, just amiibo's.

That has to be a faux pas, like mixing Coke with a Single Malt, or eating pizza with a knife and fork...

Hah. My (4) Amiibos go on the prize/trading figure shelf. Even mixing them in with the SH Figuarts or Nendoroid Nintendo figures would feel off.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
They decided to go with Fubuki, one of the weaker ships, instead of the Admiral. This makes me believe the show will be more slice of life and cover the daily going-ons and relationships of the various shipgirls rather than action/plot. This is a good thing because the fanbase wants to see more of their waifus, and there are other shows if you want action.

The planes, torpedoes, turrets are all manned by fairies. I don't know what happens to them when they get blown up. Shipgirls get their clothes knocked off; fairies I dunno!

Shimakaze will get more screentime. That said, there are a lot of other shipgirls who have the same amount of popularity; e.g. Kongo, Akagi, etc. Too many girls, not enough time!

Kancolle can pretty dark depending of how you explain the game mechanic. We know for sure that when the ship girl sank they turn into the enemy.

Don't even ask what happen when a ship is dismantled for resources, or sacrificed to upgrade another ship. You also allow to have more than one copy of the same ship girl as long as they are not in the same fleet (hide it from them?).

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm going to have to demand a figure of this magnificent drill hair.

tumblr_ni0wtckwQ81r3rdh2o1_1280.png

(Viv from Maria the Virgin Witch/Junketsu no Maria)

taoofjord

I sort of regret getting the Excellent Model Space Dandy. He's my first non-interactive/non-poseable figure and while he looks pretty good I don't think I'm interested in collecting anything that's not pose-able and larger than a couple inches. Now I'm going to have to try and cancel my 1/8 Kill la Kill Satsuki figure at Amiami.

I can also breathe a sigh of relief knowing that the already limited types of figures I'm interested in (Nintendo characters and old school super robots/Tatsunoko characters) is now much, much smaller.

On the other hand, the SRC Getter-1 and Figuarts Luigi, Play Set A, and Sailor Moon also came in. Getter 1 is amazing, just like the other SRC's I have (what an amazing line!). While Figuarts continue to be pretty crappy but OK in the end. The Figuarts Mario and Luigi are so limited in their articulation but once you get them set up in a good pose they look great. Sailor Moon is all kinds of rough around the edges but once you set her up in a way that hides the figure's flaws she looks pretty good too.

OWNED

Nendoroid: Link, Isabelle, Red, Luigi
Figma: Link, Samus
Super Robot Chogokin: Gurren Lagann, Mazinger Z, Mazinger Z - Weapon Kit, Getter 1
S.H. Figuarts: Mario, Luigi, Mario Accessory Pack A, Sailor Moon
Tsumu Tsumu: Kirby
Plush/Knit: Snorlax, Totoro, Noby Noby Boy
Amiibo: Kirby, Link, Mario, Pikachu, Samus, Yoshi
Pokemon: Greninja, Hawlucha, Fennikin, Braixin & Delphox

PRE-ORDERED

January
Hurricane Polymar - Sentinel

February
Lupin III - Revoltech
Jigen - Revoltech
Mega Man - Kotobukiya
Roll - Kotobukiya

April
Lucina - Figma
Solid Snake - Figma

May
Mario - Nendoroi
Yoshi - Figuarts

taoofjord

To be fair, some of the Amiibos look great. Kirby, Pikachu, and Yoshi for example. But yeah, feelings on Amiibos aside, they're too tiny for a shelf to be devoted to them.

Yukimura Nendo complete!

Probably the hardest one to build yet. Doesn't have the traditional stand but one that you have to insert up from behind and below to basically get him to sit on it. Expect his head is stupidly heavy so he's about ready to fall over, lol

Also one of his headbands just refused to fit into the weird hole so that was a struggle.

I like that he has an unique base but I'm probably absolutely terrified to ever move him in case something falls off and I'll never be able to place it back on.

Bombless

Yukimura Nendo complete!

Probably the hardest one to build yet. Doesn't have the traditional stand but one that you have to insert up from behind and below to basically get him to sit on it. Expect his head is stupidly heavy so he's about ready to fall over, lol

Also one of his headbands just refused to fit into the weird hole so that was a struggle.

I like that he has an unique base but I'm probably absolutely terrified to ever move him in case something falls off and I'll never be able to place it back on.

Yeah those old slot in nendo bases are the worst. I propped Luka Megurine and Saber Lion with poster putty to make sure they stay upright.

Also that first KanColle group image :O

kewlmyc

DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE!

but yeah way too many. Seven of those are preorders at least....

Was more thinking this one:

hello

Soon, you're run out of space to put them, then you'll have to start buying furniture just to put your figures on. Then you're run out of space for the furniture, then start looking for bigger apartments/houses just so you have a place to put more figures. It's quite a conundrum. One reason why I won't accept a one bedroom apartment unless it has a study or a loft or something.

Acid08

Banned
Soon, you're run out of space to put them, then you'll have to start buying furniture just to put your figures on. Then you're run out of space for the furniture, then start looking for bigger apartments/houses just so you have a place to put more figures. It's quite a conundrum. One reason why I won't accept a one bedroom apartment unless it has a study or a loft or something.
I've already ran out of space. Had to clear off room on my bookshelf to put stuff. The stupid boxes take up a ton of space in my closet too. I was looking at shelves the other day, might spring for some soon. I want my figures and Gunpla displayed properly but I'm not that into glass case things. We'll see.

Also really considering cancelling Alter Maki. It looks amazing but fuck it's expensive and was a total impulse purchase.

omlet

It's still good advice, in all seriousness. Don't let all the enabling in here make you get too carried away (a little carried away is okay :D). The moment you catch yourself regretting making purchases/preorders is the moment you need to hit the breaks and do a little introspection.

Especially for some of you guys newer to the hobby, don't get too caught up in day-one-preordering for things you weren't already waiting on for a while--you'll have time to think about them before preorders and that will be less trouble than canceling orders!

Not trying to be condemning; we just don't want to see you guys burn yourself (and/or your wallet) out and then ditch the hobby out of regret. Everything in moderation
except nendos

As an side, lol at the amiibo in detolf thing. Maybe I'll get a bucket of army men and set them up in a detolf, too!

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Dandy and Honey are still for sale on AmiAmi, around $65/£43 each, and totally worth it...

You know, I haven't watched this show yet, but I am a big big fan of Space Pirate Cobra, and Bebob and Dandy are inspired heavily by Cobra.
I am afraid that if I start watching this show I am going to go straight to amiami and order those figures, the show definitely looks right up my alley.

Also, after some delays my nuclear haul is finally coming next week, in preparation I went looking for acrylic risers for my Detolf and I was horrified that getting 2 acrylic risers equals a Detolf itself and I am not paying 20$+ for a riser so I went to Dollarama (Canadian equivalent of the Dollar Store) and ended up buying some glasses for like 1.25$ each and I am pretty happy with the result.

These are cheap more than fit the bill, the rest of glasses I bought are waiting for my haul next week.

Acid08

Banned
It's still good advice, in all seriousness. Don't let all the enabling in here make you get too carried away (a little carried away is okay :D). The moment you catch yourself regretting making purchases/preorders is the moment you need to hit the breaks and do a little introspection.

Especially for some of you guys newer to the hobby, don't get too caught up in day-one-preordering for things you weren't already waiting on for a while--you'll have time to think about them before preorders and that will be less trouble than canceling orders!

Not trying to be condemning; we just don't want to see you guys burn yourself (and/or your wallet) out and then ditch the hobby out of regret. Everything in moderation
except nendos

As an side, lol at the amiibo in detolf thing. Maybe I'll get a bucket of army men and set them up in a detolf, too!
My problem is that when I get into a hobby I go from zero to a hundred with it haha. I'm already at that point where I regret one pre-order. Still though, super excited for everything else I have coming.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
You have obviously not eaten Chicago Deep Dish
I have had tomato soup in a bread bowl before...
JnxvZbn.gif

This isn't a faux pas, it's a cardinal sin.

7OgdNxy.gif

Then again so's putting ice in it... Truth be told I'd still be drinking Jack 'n Coke if I didn't move to Scotland... 13 years later and I've still only sampled a 1/4 of all the Whiskey on offer here...

*bunch of pics of random shipgirls*
I only have eyes for you

I eat pizza with knife, fork and ketchup. Come at me brah.

brWb7rN.gif

These are cheap more than fit the bill, the rest of glasses I bought are waiting for my haul next week.

Works well with what your using them for, and Space Dandy's great but don't go in expecting a Cowboy Bebop or Cobra experience, it's more parody then anything else...

Where was that btw? I ask because I recently noticed that mine has a small blemish on her cheek and for the life of me I cannot remember ever seeing before it nor can I imagine what could have caused it if indeed it wasn't there when I bought her. She's been in a DETOLF ever since I got her. Tiny blemishes and paint imperfections are normal in this hobby, and it's nothing that a little photoshopping wouldn't fix if I were going to try to do a nice photo of her, but in this case she is literally my favorite figure in my collection and it's a blemish that's easy to see up close, so I was seriously thinking about trying to get another one (as a replacement, not to keep two) because I'm crazy like that.

Sorry for the late af replies, I was at work

I actually got mine on Mandarake, no idea why it was priced at 10k because she's in pristine condition. Sucks to hear about that blemish though man, is there some what that you can touch it up?

Only started watching that series, it's a stunning likeness. How much was that one if you don't mind saying?

Just over 7k and he's still available!

You know, I haven't watched this show yet, but I am a big big fan of Space Pirate Cobra, and Bebob and Dandy are inspired heavily by Cobra.
I am afraid that if I start watching this show I am going to go straight to amiami and order those figures, the show definitely looks right up my alley.

Also, after some delays my nuclear haul is finally coming next week, in preparation I went looking for acrylic risers for my Detolf and I was horrified that getting 2 acrylic risers equals a Detolf itself and I am not paying 20$+ for a riser so I went to Dollarama (Canadian equivalent of the Dollar Store) and ended up buying some glasses for like 1.25$ each and I am pretty happy with the result.

THOSE MAZINGERS THO

THOSE STARDUST CRUSADERS THO

This display is the fucking greatest GOAT of all time.

omlet

I actually got mine on Mandarake, no idea why it was priced at 10k because she's in pristine condition. Sucks to hear about that blemish though man, is there some what that you can touch it up?

I guess I will keep an eye out for another one in that price range because I have no idea how I would get this off without risking ruining her face by trying to do paint touch-up. I tried wet q-tip scrubbing and that did no good so it's seems like a paint problem not just some grime.

Man, the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure figures looks fantastic together.

They are awesome however collecting them is like being part of a freaking con, you have to buy 2 figures to complete a character since a character without his stand or a stand without his owner feel kind of incomplete, so in that picture there are technically 7 characters but 13 figures in total, damn you Araki!!!

Works well with what your using them for, and Space Dandy's great but don't go in expecting a Cowboy Bebop or Cobra experience, it's more parody then anything else...

I see, I'll watch it sooner rather than later, is the series over or is it seasonal? Also does anybody know if Space Dandy is available in Canada yet?

I guess I will keep an eye out for another one in that price range because I have no idea how I would get this off without risking ruining her face by trying to do paint touch-up. I tried wet q-tip scrubbing and that did no good so it's seems like a paint problem not just some grime.

I thought that was blemish was grime on my screen when I saw that pic. Thank god
oka
that it isn't too noticeable.

omlet

I thought that was blemish was grime on my screen when I saw that pic. Thank god
oka
that it isn't too noticeable.

Yeah, I've seen worse, but it's right on her face and I can see it from 2-3 feet away if I'm looking for it. :( Most other figures in my collection and I wouldn't consider replacing them for something so minor, but it's mai meguca D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom