• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why Figma Motoko includes extra breasts?
1421225801542.jpg
LOL never seen that on a Figma before.

raven777

She's finally painted! 12,300 yen and a July 2015 release.

"Original Character", illustrated by Misaki Kurehito [Manufacturer - Alphamax/Skytube]

[Warning - Slightly NSFW images in the AmiAmi listing]

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-009853&page=top

As for the figure, this is an Original Character by Misaki Kurehito, the same artist behind Cat Lap Milk [which still ranks as one of my favorite figures]. This one is cast-off, with the second display option being quite NSFW [you've been warned].

I'm going to wait to see if AmiAmi adds a different version of her with a bonus something [usually a wall scroll, given past Skytube figures, sometimes a cleaner cloth] but she's definitely getting purchased.
They did really good job of bring Misaki Kurehito's art to figure.

Didn't expect AmiAmi to list those little K-On figures....ordered.

Also Freeza Mefmera got a delay to next month lol...I think they saw our posts yesterday.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So yeah, after more digging, the Court of the Dead Oglavaeil The Executioner Premium Format Figure will just be the big guy, the hound will be sold seperately. Sideshow is pushing that the hound is soooo big that they can't be sold together because our wallets can't handle it. You know, 'cause having to pay shipping and import tax on two separate items is gonna make it easier to handle...

Based on that, I'm taking a slightly educated guess and saying Oglavaeil will be around $449.99- $549.99, and the hound's gonna be $199.99 - $249.99, overpriced to justify the split, and I think the split has killed it for me...

Also some statue collecting closed group on facebook posted pics of the Queen of the Dead unboxed, and someone else leaked those to sideshow freaks, and so I'm post 'em here even though the quality can't really be ascertained by these shots:

Only positive things I can say are:
I'm not feeling an urge to cancel...
They kept her nice and pasty looking...
I don't see googly eyes...

Major negatives:
Shitty photos...
No back/butt shots...

Also some statue collecting closed group on facebook posted pics of the Queen of the Dead unboxed, and someone else leaked those to sideshow freaks, and so I'm post 'em here even though the quality can't really be ascertained by these shots:

Only positive things I can say are:
I'm not feeling an urge to cancel...
They kept her nice and pasty looking...
I don't see googly eyes...

Major negatives:
Shitty photos...
No back/butt shots...

And..... ordered. Damn you and your pics of stuff I tried hard to remember they didn't exist. Also pre-ordered the Valkyrie, was already eying her but now I know she will look good next to the Queen.

souhait

Neo Member
Hey all! I too was recently approved and since I've been lurking for a while I thought I'd say hello. You can find me here on MFC. I started collecting mostly nendos over the summer, but I've inevitably started buying scales and prize figures:

And here's what I've got on preorder:

I'm currently on the fence about nendo Noiz and I'll probably get Mario to go with Luigi after he's released.

Thrasher429

Neo Member
So it would appear AmiAmi is doing me a favour and not letting me throw my money at that PLUM Cardcaptor Sakura figure. Keeps returning an error for the product page

Anyway since it seems to be a thing happening right now.
here's the figures I own

And those I have preordered

Though I have been thinking about cancelling Koto's Satsuki. I don't really feel a need to own 2 scaled figures of her, unless one of them is in her untransformed Junketsu outfit that is.

Yaari

Currently nothing in pre-order. Pretty happy with that. I can pick 100 things I'd love to have, but space is running out.

I do want Renge and Mashiro Nendo's though, so that's happening really soon.

BadWolf

That figma Motoko definitely doesn't do the character justice. Hoping for one with her on the Logicoma (like she rides it during the chase scenes in GitS: Arise).

As for pre-orders, I only have one (Elsa nendo) and it's a present for someone.

Come to think of it that Momohime figure I bought, my first figure, is still the only female figure I have lol. Seems nothing else has caught my attention since.

Now you have to.

All I will say for now is that it is on Kewl's level for his order this month. Thankfully that Alter delay will help. So in total unless I see another scale delay this month (Satsuki from Phat...I bet) it will be around 55k BEFORE shipping. To many things got delayed last month....starting to become my biggest annoyance with this hobby.

Thinking of going only Nendo after I pay for any scales I have on order now.

Einbroch

Banned
All I will say for now is that it is on Kewl's level for his order this month. Thankfully that Alter delay will help. So in total unless I see another scale delay this month (Satsuki from Phat...I bet) it will be around 55k BEFORE shipping. To many things got delayed last month....starting to become my biggest annoyance with this hobby.

K-ON-AkiyamaMioRedFace.gif

2009-07-05-175673.gif

Bombless

Welp, this is a new one!

Dear Customers,

Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.
This mail is being sent to the customers who have placed an order for FIGURE-007773
“Yamato Girls Collection - Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Yuki Mori (Pilot Suit Ver.) 1/8 Complete Figure”.

We have got a notification from the maker and would like to inform you that the product specifics for FIGURE-007773 have been changed. Please visit our web-site to confirm the changes.

Before: 2 Face parts, 2 Hair parts
Now: 2 Head parts

Sincerely,,
AmiAmi

I hope the flowing hair piece is the one she comes with, i like the knot one much less.

Ok screw it, you all can judge away. This month is the last big one...no more after this. Under any circumstance lol

Also to illustrate how delays can really come back and hit you hard as hell. Red items are things that got delayed and pushed to this month, making it the worst ever....grey item is the delayed Alter figure.

I have it in two orders right now to see what else gets delayed before I combine.

I now prepare for the many gifs of people calling me crazy.

Einbroch

Banned
I fear for your shipping.

Have you set a budget/set up a spreadsheet yet? I found it remarkably helpful. I think Omlet set one up as well.

m0t0k1

I popped in a while ago asking about figures. But wasn't to sure about diving in the deep and buying an expensive figure from the get go. So i decided to buy a price figure. I am pretty happy with it except for the part where the gold paint has run off in the white near her skirt. But i had some run off on my fox amiibo too but the difference between an amiibo and this is still a lot. Here are some pics i took.

I do like searching for the figurines and finally buying one. Maybe in the future i will get more but for now i am just happy with one :D

Ya the shipping is gonna suck....

I haven't set up a budget. But I am really limiting my orders. Once I move this Fall I don't think I will be able to order anything much at all outside of a Nendo or maybe two. But till then trying to keep it in the 15k range per month.

There are a few things in that order I wouldn't mind cancelling but I am not gonna bother. They will probably say no again, so since I ordered it and want it I will pay for it. Thankfully have a good chunk of cash stashed away so it will be fine.

I realise this is a plush, but I just find it hilarious how I-class has been turned into derp class:

41ZBEl1G-gL.jpg

Bearing in mind I-class usually looks like this:

I-n.png

Still kinda want one tho

StayDead

Go full Nendo. So much cheaper, so much cuter, so much better. You can get three for the price of one scale!

You can! Nendos are grrrreat as Tony the Tiger would say. The only non-issue with nendos is that you accure a lot of them in a small time frame and slowly you run out of room to move.

javac

I never got the point of dedicating your collection to one particular line-up, unless you actually like that line-up. Like you see people who only buy Asuka figures, or Nintendo toys etc. I get that (although Asuka only collections contain too much red for my blood!) Nendoroids aren't a substitute for Figma's or scales and vice versa. That just feels like your buying them for the sake of buying them then, not to say you wouldn't like the Nendoroids but you should buy what you like really. Some line-ups are always going to be out of bounds due to price, but even in them cases you wouldn't buy a Nendoroid in order to quench your thirst, right? Because it's not the same thing! :p

omlet

Well, don't feel too bad. I can't judge you this time.

Going into this year, I was looking at only 2 nendos in January and 3 scales in February. So far January has turned into 6 nendos and 1 scale (so close to $300) and February has grown by 2 scales and 1 nendo. My amiami order for Feb if *49k before shipping* and then Devil Homura is gonna be a separate purchase. *RIP* Of course, a delay or two is likely and welcome.

This is abnormally high for me and not something I do (or want to do) often, just that for whatever reason Feb seems like *the month* for the first quarter/half of the year. March, April, and May are all very light in comparison (about $100/mo) and I hope to keep it that way, or even lighter than that. Money aside, the real issue is I'm gonna be out of display space anyway by March, so that's going help put the clamp on any impulse orders and I will need to go back to something for scales more like one every two or three months instead of two or three in a month.

Have you set a budget/set up a spreadsheet yet? I found it remarkably helpful. I think Omlet set one up as well.
Yeah, I did set up a google spreadsheet for tracking costs. It's not quite a full fledged "budget" yet because my living expenses are low enough that I don't need to keep a tight monthly budget, but it is still a really helpful tool to look to keep a perspective on my spending.

I used to be very strict with myself about keeping an accounting spreadsheet for my checking account. I haven't kept it up to date in a few years but I think it still instilled some good habits. I probably should actually do something about an actual budget soon. I was thinking about doing that this year. Maybe we should do a 2015 FigureGAF Budget Challenge.

Einbroch

Banned
Can anyone recommend a lit bookcase/curio for display purposes? I don't really like the glass look of Detolfs and would really like a bookcase, black preferred.

thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom