• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

So Anime-Jungle updates with 3 Nendo's and I see only 2. Apparently one is already gone and I'll never find out what it was. I don't like it.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Can anyone recommend a lit bookcase/curio for display purposes? I don't really like the glass look of Detolfs and would really like a bookcase, black preferred.

thx.

Ikea Billy in black with glass doors and Dioder lights?

furniture-modern-black-laminate-ikea-bookshelves-with-glass-doors-for-action-figure-storage-great-ikea-bookshelf-with-glass-door-for-home-library-and-living-room-decoration.jpg

Well, don't feel too bad. I can't judge you this time.

Going into this year, I was looking at only 2 nendos in January and 3 scales in February. So far January has turned into 6 nendos and 1 scale (so close to $300) and February has grown by 2 scales and 1 nendo. My amiami order for Feb if *49k before shipping* and then Devil Homura is gonna be a separate purchase. *RIP* Of course, a delay or two is likely and welcome.

This is abnormally high for me and not something I do (or want to do) often, just that for whatever reason Feb seems like *the month* for the first quarter/half of the year. March, April, and May are all very light in comparison (about $100/mo) and I hope to keep it that way, or even lighter than that. Money aside, the real issue is I'm gonna be out of display space anyway by March, so that's going help put the clamp on any impulse orders and I will need to go back to something for scales more like one every two or three months instead of two or three in a month.

Ya it sucks that delays can make orders massive. Ya I put the money aside but man does it sting seeing that deduction from my account lol. Luckily I feel at ease looking at the rest of my orders this year. They are all small. March is 24k but that is mainly from the new Senran Kagura PS4 LE. I NEED THAT.

Can anyone recommend a lit bookcase/curio for display purposes? I don't really like the glass look of Detolfs and would really like a bookcase, black preferred.

thx.

If I was going to not get a Detolf I was looking at just getting a few of the Billy series from Ikea.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/28102/

Einbroch

Banned
Thanks guys. Looks like I'm gonna pick up a Billy and that Fredde computer desk looks ballin'. IKEA is gonna slay my wallet in February, good thing I only have a 4k order that month.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Those glass doors are heavy btw. You need to secure the bookcase to the wall or it'll tip over. I wish there was like a lighter plexiglass door variant.

He said "very good" bishoujos though. I passed on kitty when she was below $40. She's easily one of the worst ones they've made.

I own it and I agree. Her face is bad, the pose is dumb, and the Lockheed looks awful and displays terribly. I only bought it because how often can I get a Lockheed anything?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's going from not having a lewd kinda figure to full lewd lol.

Speaking of those kind of figures, I really still regret not ordering that Alter Asuka figure....one day I will try to find one but I will damn sure not buy used.

ALTER Asuka isn't in the same category! She's pure.

But yeah, don't buy used.

kewlmyc

All I will say for now is that it is on Kewl's level for his order this month. Thankfully that Alter delay will help. So in total unless I see another scale delay this month (Satsuki from Phat...I bet) it will be around 55k BEFORE shipping. To many things got delayed last month....starting to become my biggest annoyance with this hobby.

Thinking of going only Nendo after I pay for any scales I have on order now.

I like how I'm the new standard for crazy purchases. ;_;

That's going from not having a lewd kinda figure to full lewd lol.

Speaking of those kind of figures, I really still regret not ordering that Alter Asuka figure....one day I will try to find one but I will damn sure not buy used.
Buy what you like!
Also what wrong with preown. Perry sure ami checks everything

RoboCop ED-209
o0515049913189252113.jpg

Omnicorp’s unmanned bipedal weapon!

From the 2014 remake of the popular film ‘RoboCop’ comes a fully articulated model of the Enforcement Droid 209, or ED-209 – the peacekeeping machines created by Omnicorp. The coloring is based on the black version that appears in the later scenes of the film.

The model stands approximately 16″ (40cm) tall, comes with fully posable action joints, articulated head arms, legs and toes allowing for all sorts of scenes from the movie. A light-up feature in also included in both arms and the font section of the head.
o0515040813189245995.jpg

B7W_6MBCMAA1g_8.jpg:large

http://moonlitsaki.com/2015/01/fairy-tail-lucy-heartfilia-black-cat-gravure_style-orca-toys-painted-prototype.html
freeing_sakurayukata-1.jpg

http://moonlitsaki.com/2015/01/madoka-magica-sakura-kyouko-yukata-ver-freeing-preorder.html
megahouse_noragamiiki-1.jpg

http://moonlitsaki.com/2015/01/megahouse-opens-preorders-for-noragami-iki-hiyori-sekai-seifuku-sakusen-scale-figure.html
volks_pochacogk-3.jpg

http://moonlitsaki.com/2015/01/super-pochaco-charagumin-swimsuit-ver-volks-painted-prototype.html
alphamax_matsuri-3.jpg

http://moonlitsaki.com/2015/01/original-character-skytube-tougetsu-matsuri-alphamax-preorder.html
Preview: GSC New Product Showcase January 2015 - Nendoroids

Tomytec: New Product Showcase
Tetsudou Musume

1/12 Series "Total Armory"

Tomica Limited Vintage and Gimix

Tomix and Diorama Miniatures
Gallery for meijiko, with the way CCS anniversary is going probably got an update for her almost every day XD
fi_35_c.jpg

http://www.pmoa.co.jp/product/104.html
Seeing as there's already a cell phone game for swords turned into men, we must already be on our way!
It begins... apparently they've applied for merchandising options
Ah, finally free of hounding AmiAmi's horrible pre-owned section.
Can't remember but who did you get/were after?

Johnsmith still pimping those things.

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm gonna pick up a Billy and that Fredde computer desk looks ballin'. IKEA is gonna slay my wallet in February, good thing I only have a 4k order that month.

I'd go with a Billy. But be warned, if you want glass doors, those are an extra $50 each, as well as a pain in the balls to assemble.

Einbroch

Banned
I'd go with a Billy. But be warned, if you want glass doors, those are an extra $50 each, as well as a pain in the balls to assemble.

Nah, I don't really like the glass doors. Just a normal, open bookshelf with some lights is what I really want. I think I will go for the glass shelves, though.

omlet

I do like how the Billy looks but I'm already invested in Detolf and I have cats so I'd have to put doors on the Billy which would be a lot of hassle.

Ohhhhhhh, that's the game I keep seeing on twitter. Can't wait to see this explode and shower the world with sword boys.

I wanted that Ryu figure until I saw the price, lol
Huh, so the Inou Battle figures are just like prize figure quality. I guess that's fine, Andou isn't going to be getting one.

Can't remember but who did you get/were after?

Eren Nendo.

Ended up ordering him off Mandarake along with the Masamume nendo, lol

Ha ha that quite a adorable take of the I-class.:p

You are slowly falling into the ship girls world.

Ryuuroden

Nah, I don't really like the glass doors. Just a normal, open bookshelf with some lights is what I really want. I think I will go for the glass shelves, though.

You totally need to get a Vittsjo then. Vittsjo is totally more spacious and open and sexy. I will say for Nendo's which is your thing, you would definitely have to use a lot of risers. However, you will be able to view from more angles.

vittsjo-shelving-unit-brown__0135350_PE292041_S4.JPG

Also, Alter, what ever happened to this:

Shiddo1258280997.jpg

>.<

Ryuuroden

Alter gonna Max Factory Orchid Seed.

Yeah seriously, its been 2 years now since that update and that is literally my favorite character design and outfit out of all of them except maybe the only one I own which is Maeda Keiji. I plan on picking up at least 5 of the others eventually, probably this summer. Not a fan of the anime at all but like Kan Colle, the character design wins it for me.

Wanderer5

Go full Nendo. So much cheaper, so much cuter, so much better. You can get three for the price of one scale!

I glad I just pretty much go Figma and Nendoroid, and not bother with scale much. Both tend to not be so expensive, yet are still very good quality and I am a bit of a sucker for posable figures (probably partly cause of the animator in me heh).

I pretty much also prefer smaller figures over bigger ones heh, but I do have a couple plushies that are decently sized.

You are slowly falling into the ship girls world.

Lol admittedly I would probably check that out, but depends on its size. I pretty much only want to look at the Manectric plush for this year, so this one would have to be pretty cheap and a bit on the small side for me to consider it.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom